Dr. Juan Jose Figueroa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 15th, 2016
POTS slow recovery
I felt compelled to write a review after reading some of the negative POTS related ones. Been a hyper-POTS patient with multiple other syndrome of Dr. Figueroa's for many years. It's been a very very slow process of tons of salt and compression stockings and binder. But I have listened to every painful and frustrating step this doctor has given me. Yes - he is brutally honest about not being able to help certain things. But I appreciate a doctor that doesn't just give you a pill and send you away. I had plenty of doctors that did that and I think made my POTS worse. When I first came to him I was bedridden for 7 months- no bathing without help- no leaving the house- no life. Previously misdiagnosed by 16 other doctors. Now five years later, if I do all the right things every single day my life has returned. (I work all day, go for runs, out for dinner) We had to pull back in treatments from time to time when dealing with other medical issues. And yes there were setbacks. But if this doctor turns you away it's not because he doesn't know POTS I have faith saying it because the POTS won't be fixed if the other issues aren't resolved (personal experience). This syndrome has no quick pill. It takes years and years and happy put my health in this doctor's hands. If you are looking for a magical pill - yes see someone else.

March 14th, 2016
Bad appointment
I would not recommend him as a pots dr. He would not treat me because I am too thin from a different condition. He said drink fluid take meds and wear compression stockings other than that his hands are tied and I can't do anything else for you .I went home crying. I asked questions because I am concerned about the steps in my house and asked for nausau pills he said that wasn't his job. Now I have no dr and I feel terrible about myself he has a nice nurse

October 5th, 2015
by far the worst doc for POTS.... save your money go to Grafton, or a shaman would be better. Over a year later I have no answer to $1,000.00's of dollars and days in test. Get stupid answers like compression socks and salt tabs. When asked direct same answer, plus lets do genetic tests.