A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Juan Grunwald:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Juan Grunwald, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Diabetic Eye Disease Diabetic Retinopathy, Inherited Retinal Degeneration, and Macular Degeneration.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Grunwald graduated from Sackler School Of Medicine, Ramat Aviv. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Grunwald has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Grunwald accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Juan E. Grunwald practice?
Dr. Juan Grunwald practices Ophthalmology, Surgery, and Nephrology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Darby, PA and Havertown, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists, Philadelphia Surgeons, and Philadelphia Nephrologists.