inactive

Juan F Lebron MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 29th, 2014
A Terrible Doctor
Dr. Lebron (or anyone else in the Vitreous Associates practice for that matter) never clarified what was wrong with my eyes. He told me I needed to "get on Medicaid and disability" because the $265 I had to pay before I even saw him initially wouldn't even cover half of what he planned on doing that day. He proceeded to tell me he was going to "burn off my retinas" and if I didn't do this in six months he was going to "take my eyes". In other words saving and preserving my vision wasn't high on his list. Nor was exploring other options. One of my eyes was worse off than the other and he wanted to work on my good eye first which I didn't understand at all. He is rude, curt and explains nothing. He makes you feel as if his level of care hinges on your financial status and what kind of insurance you have. His bedside manner is horrendous at best. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to see him. The concerns I had about him which I expressed to the staff and other doctors in the office went unrecognized and they kept sending me back to him. The stress this man caused me and my family can't be emphasized enough. I went to see another doctor in Columbus and my condition was thoroughly explained. The doctor there was enthusiastic, caring and incredibly knowledgeable. He wasn't afraid to consult other specialists to tag team my condition and because of that I am on the road to recovery. I have no idea where I would be if I would have stayed under the sole care of Dr. Lebron. Please beware.

September 15th, 2012
Dr. LeBron is a very matter-of-fact kind of man........not exactly "Mr. personality' but that's OK; some are, some aren't........I had retinal surgery from him at Grant Medical Center & suffered NO pain, discomfort, etc., despite the fact that my eye was operated on for one hour!! I was so comfortable in the OR I could have been at home in my own bed! The followup is great; but as is usually the case, never seems like I have enough time with him...He does answer all questions, etc. and the staff is very professional & courteous........I really have no complaints except the very minor one of his basic personality, which does NOT detract from his skill and professionalism.....so I don't mean this to be a negative review; it is NOT...He is very competent & skilled at what he does!!!