A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Juan Acosta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Juan Acosta, Pediatric Surgeon, Family Practitioner, General Practitioner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Juan Acosta, MD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Anal Atresia (Imperforate Anus)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Esophageal Atresia
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Umbilical Hernia
Education & Awards
Dr. Acosta graduated from University of California at Davis. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Acosta has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Desert Regional Medical Center
- Banner Baywood Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Acosta accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 5 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 16 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Juan M. Acosta practice?
Dr. Juan Acosta practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Family Medicine, and General Practice near Phoenix, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Coachella, CA and Yuma, AZ.
See Phoenix Surgeons, Phoenix Pediatric Surgeons, Phoenix Family Physicians, and Phoenix General Practitioners.