Dr. Juan Montalvo Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Juan Montalvo?

Nightmare

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

Dr. Montalvo delivered my twins when I was 20years old. I was young, scared, and naive. He diagnosed me with preeclampsia, and when my blood pressure escalated at 7 months, he admitted me into the hospital. He wasn't present at the hospital but he ordered various tests and treatments. One of those orders was to have steroids injected so that my babies could develop faster. At that moment as a maternal instinct I refused the steroids since I was not sure why I needed them. When Dr. Montalvo arrived, he was extremely upset and agressive demanding why I had refused his orders. He exclaimed "when did you become a doctor". I was scared and the word "steroids" terrified me even more. I explained why I refused them to which he did not care. He sent me home after my blood pressure decreased. Since I was to far along with a high risk pregnancy, he said once he delivered me, that I needed to find another doctor. He was never the same way as the first impression he usually portrays as friendly, patient and caring. Once you question his decision, he turns cold, rude and aggressive.

The man that performs the ultrasounds there is digusting!

Posted on March 20th, 2016

My 23-year-old daughter went to Dr. Montalvo for her first-born who is now 7-months-old. My daughter told me numerous times that the man who performs the ultrasounds made her very uncomfortable. Even later in the pregnancy, he would turn off the lights, and ask her to lower her pants "down to the hairline" and when she would, he would grab at her and lower them even more for her with a creepy look in his eye, even with her husband in the room. Mind you, the baby is not in your crotch when you are further along!!!! Well, to make a long story short, her husband could not make it to her second to last sono, so she begged me to go, but I had just left Laredo hours before, so she had to go alone. She called me in tears right after, because apparently after the sono guy told her to lower her pants and underwear "down to the hairline" he grabbed at her and pulled them down to her upper thighs, and then applied the paper!!!!!! And with the lights on, while staring directly at her 100% exposed vagina!!!!! He then started to clean her pubic area after he was done, and that's when she finally spoke up and asked him to please move!!!! I will be writing Dr. Montalvo soon even though this was months and months ago....... although i doubt he cares. I am furious that my daughter never let me speak up for her before, but just yesterday a co-worker was telling me about having a similar experience with that same creepy sonographer years ago, apparently he used to work at Doctor's Hospital. And my co-worker told me about more friends of hers who have gone through this with him. It makes me wonder how many other females have gone through this and stayed quiet. If Dr. Montalvo protects himself and never sees a patient without someone else from his staff present, why does that freak get to be around female patients by himself?

It's like this man lined up the rudest women in Laredo and hired them!

Posted on April 22nd, 2015

I had my first child in 2010. My experience with Dr. Montalvo was not good, nor bad, so I got him again this time around (2015) for my second child. The woman that sees you in the front window when you arrive (light-complected, in her 30's, always with a mean/scary face), was very rude my first pregnancy, however. In all honestly her attitude led me to believe I was only being treated that way because I had Medicaid and that maybe I deserved it. Fast forward to now, I go in paying CASH, and again this same freaking woman with the horrible attitude is there to my dismay. From a very sour greeting, when I first walked up to her, to eye rolls over 2 questions I had while getting those forms filled out. On that same first visit, I was then taken by another woman in her 40's who filled out my past history. I've been with my significant other since I was 15, so when I responded I had only been with one man she actually raised her eye brow at me as in saying yeah right. Eventually I got a PAP by the nurse practitioner, wonderful lady by the way! Finally after another 2 hours of waiting I finally saw the doctor. He answered all my questions, but in all honesty it felt really rushed (same as my first pregnancy.) This man has an energy that makes you anxious, as he walks in fast, and walks out fast, and squirms the whole time. He has a female walk in with him, and boy is she always in a bad mood, making annoyed faces while I converse with the Dr. I've been back 4 times this pregnancy, and I always leave infuriated over the rudeness I am showed 1) at the front 2) by the woman that walks in with the Dr and 3) by the woman who gives you the appointments in the second window, another eye-roller to add to the bunch. You've been warned ladies, I'm going to stick it out, but don't get me wrong I sure am mad at myself for putting myself in the same position TWICE! :(

the worst staff you will ever meet

Posted on March 26th, 2015

by far the staff was the worst part! i have never had someone be so rude to me in such a way you would think they were mean girls you see in high school movies. i have never felt so uncared for by a doctor and his staff but really the horrible things they told me all because i needed help with insurance

Really wishing I wasn't this far along in my pregnancy so I could switch doctors.

Posted on February 14th, 2014

My most memorable moment with dr. Juan Montalvo was when I asked him why do I always get indosed when in labor? His answer to me was, "well you wouldn't ask the person building your house well why are you doing this or that you know you should just trust that what they are doing is for your benefit." Wow... I was speechless. Also, there is a receptionist named Irasema and she is incredibly rude. I was told that she was very rude before choosing Dr. Montalvo but figured that wouldn't be dealing with her much anyway but, no she is horrible. One good thing about Dr. Montavo's office is his nurse practitioner Mrs. Hernández she is the sweetest & most understanding person there.

Posted on November 19th, 2012

They take too long to deliver results to the patient. I think they only put pregnant women who are about to give birth as priority.

happy patient