Dr. Juan Paredes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

October 22nd, 2016
Dr. Lovve Enterprises Corporation
Dr. Paredes really calms me down. He is a stellar doctor.

May 13th, 2016
AVOID THIS QUACK
I'm new to the area so I needed to find a new psychiatrist. I've seen one throughout my entire adult life, and had never had any issues with any of them. Reading thru the reviews I noticed everyone complaining about the wait time, something I also had to experience. But what really bothers me is this sad excuse for a psychiatrist DOES NOT BELIEVE IN MEDICINE. If I could describe him I'd say he's someone who thinks positive thinking and positives living will cure all life's illnesses. And I'm on board with that, to an extent. This guy practices a profession he does not even believe in. I wish he were investigated and his medical license removed, because he's a disaster waiting to happen. He's going to take the wrong fool off his meds and something will happen. Conclusion: There are more then enough qualified psychiatrist in the area, avoid this kumbaya singing sad excuse of a doctor.

August 31st, 2012
I had a serious depression and anxiety. Dr paredes was very good and spent time with me and I wAs cured in about 6 months. The waiting time at mercy hospital did become long. He has given me his attention and expertise. He is anMD and can be very thorough. As this not taking Medicare, I,m on his side. What they give our doctors is disgraceful, much expense and minimal pay. They certainly sent our costs to Medicare. But they have not refunded

August 27th, 2011
Stay Away
This guy is a poor excuse for a psychiatrist. Besides not being knowledgable, he does not care for his patients. If you call him, he won't return your call. If he does, it will be days later. Finally, he makes you pay in advance, even if you have insurance, telling you that Medicare & Insurance company will pay you later, which they never do. This guy is a discrace to the medical profession.

February 10th, 2011
Worst doctor I've ever visited.
I actually waited a few days to write this opinion, so that the anger, disgust and disappointment I felt after my visit wouldn't result in a hasty, biased or unfair review of Mr. Paredes. First was the interminable and wholly unnecessary wait to visit with this person, which was well over an hour. He was not the least bit compassionate (for a psychiatrist), was more interested in what HE had to say, and showed very little interest when I did speak. He actually checked his cell phone messages during my visit. Nice. He fancies himself to be a Hollywood doctor-to-the-stars type, with his Italian loafers, semi-expensive suit, and extra-bright, way-too-sunny white offfice. Oh, and the 10+-page totally redundant questionnaire just to get in to see him?? He didn't even care about the info. If you're reading this review, and your first language is English, and you don't speak Spanish - FORGET IT. He has serious trouble understanding English, and is not so easy to comprehend. That alone didn't make for a very effective session. All in all, this was by far the worst doctor visit ever. No wonder I was able to get an appointment with no waiting period. My advice: Find another doctor quickly.

January 11th, 2011
VERY UNRESPONSIVE TO PATIENT NEEDS
Dr. Paredes not only routinely makes patients wait 11/2 to 2 hours past their scheduled appointment time to see him, but once you go into his office, will take personal calls on issues such as real estate transactions. He does not return phone calls to patients or pharmacies for refills etc. on ongoing patients he has followed for years.Dr. Paredes seems more interested in pursuing financial gain through real estate and "sexual wellness"-- a cash-based practice he is actively pursuing at present, than in caring for psychiatric patients.. If you are looking for a psychiatrist who is compassionate, caring and engaged in treating the needs of elderly patients, I would think twice about using him.....