Surgical Specialist
New Tampa
12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Tampa, FL 33612
813-259-0965
Locations and availability (4)

|  Pain Free  |  show details
by April P on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Juan Uribe is top of the line! I had chronic neck pain and migraines off and on for 10 years. Pain management doctors did epidurals and steroid injections and recommended me to have radiofrequency, where they burn the nerves, which I did not do. The injections worked at first and then not at all. The PM doctors wanted to keep pumping me full of steroids. I am only 34 years old so did not think I needed major surgery by a neurosurgeon especially since I have seen Neurologists and PM doctors for many years and not one advised me to do so. I went to Dr. Uribe only for an opinion and was shocked at what he told me. I needed C6 Corpectomy and C5-C7 fusion with a cage and cadaver bone and that I should not have even seen a PM doctor for my condition. After doing research and getting several opinions I had the surgery with Dr. Uribe, who is highly recommended. Recovery was a breeze (even with having a toddler to take care of). I am pain free and enjoying life. I will say, you will most likely have a long wait time, and most of the staff is hard to get in touch with unless you complain-except his ARNP Melissa Burns, who it awesome! Aside from all of this, he is well worth it. You will also not see him after the surgery unless you are having problems. I finally got to see him on my 3 month follow up which was brief but I am very happy!

|  He must be fabulous  |  show details
by Margaret J. Schmetzer on Sep 17th, 2013

He must be fabulous because I have been trying like crazy to get an appointment the past two weeks. Evelyn is extremely hard to reach as everyone apparently has to go through her in order to get access to this doctor. She has been faxed my medical records three times, yet claims she has not received them and that other doctors use the same machine. She says the doctor will not see anyone unless he first gets their medical records before making an appointment. Donna is the office manager whom you need to ask for in order to get this process done. I was about to drive out there with a witness to hand in the papers in person. Good luck!!!

|  Ms  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr Uribe is the best neurocirgury ever. He is very polite and spend a lot of time listening to the patient. He is a very porfessional doctor. He helped me a lot I highly recomended hhim

|  Best of all!!!!  |  show details
by Mary Polls on Jun 28th, 2011

I would recomen Dr Juan Uribe. He is avery kind person and very accurated. He dianosed me vey well. He said what I really had and He did a wonderful job on me. Thanks to him, I can be myself again.I saw a lot of doctors in the past, but this Juan Uribe was the only one who cured me and gave me quality of life.Thanks to Dr Uribe I can be a better human been.

|  Dr Uribe Fixed My Back  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

Dr Uribe is a very special surgeon! He's one of the few surgeons who perform XLIF in Tampa Bay. I had ruptured L5-S1 multiple times over 20 years. The disc was mostly gone & I had severe nerve impingement. Dr Uribe did his XLIF surgery on me 2/21/11. Immediately after the 4 1/2 hour procedure I had the feeling back in my legs. I'm 3 months post-op now & have zero pain. It's incredible how quickly the spine can heal from such a major surgery as this. Dr Uribe doesn't cut any of the muscles in the back with this procedure, rather he goes in through the side. Almost no scar, he didn't even use stitches to close (surgical glue). Back surgery is a scary thing! Be assurred that Dr Uribe & his staff can be trusted to help you through the surgery & the healing process. I've got my life back, thanks to Dr Uribe.

|  Great treatment if you are young and thin  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Dr. Uribe refused my case because he said I was "morbidly obese" and therefore high risk. It didn't matter that my vitals and every sign of health were excellent (he never asked)or that I am extremely healthy and fit (I exercise 4-5 hours a week and have for 15 years)and that I am borderline mixedema. It's easy to build a reputation if you only operate on those who are young and thin.

|  Wish all Drs. were this professional.  |  show details
by Denise B. on Nov 10th, 2009

I have a real bad back, numerous herniations and lots of pre-exhisting problems. Dr. Uribe was the first doctor I came across that took the time to ask questions, perform tests and treat me like a fellow human. Before I came across Dr. Uribe, I went to 4 different dr.s that either were eager to cut or decided they would never cut all this before seeing me or my records. Dr. Uribe not only took the time to find out what was wrong he also came to see me right after I woke up after surgery and talked to me. He also visited everyday in the hospital after surgery to make sure I was aware what was happening with me and my case. After I had additional problems with my back he continued to fix what was wrong, the whole time making sure I never felt like I was a problem to him. I had to call the office after hours on a holiday weekend and after I left a message with his service, he called 15 minutes later and wasn't mad I'd called on such an inconvenient time. He also made sure to take care of me at the hospital even when anyother dr. would have told me to wait till Monday or let some ER doc take care of the problem. Dr. Uribe is the best surgeon I've ever encountered and a very professional person. I would reccomend him no matter how long I had to wait. You will be treated like a human and given options for your treatment.

|  MARY ANNE LAVORE  |  show details
by MARY ANNE LAVORE on Sep 12th, 2009

DR. URIBE, HOW COULD I THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE? WORDS FAIL ME TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE AND APPRECIATION. ALTHOUGH YOU FEARED THAT I WOULDN'T LIVE THROUGH MY SURGERY, OR THROUGH THE NIGHT, MY SURVIVAL PROVED WHAT A SKILLED SURGEON YOU TRULY ARE. SO DON'T DOUBT YOUR SKILLS BECAUSE, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERENED, YOU'RE A MIRACLE MAN! MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS IN YOUR DEBT. YOU WERE SO KIND AND CARING AND IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO THEM. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENUINE CONCERN AND THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR PATIENTS. THIS IS RARE WITH SURGEONS, BUT YOU WERE OUTSTANDING IN MY CASE. I WILL BE IN YOUR DEBT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.WITH SINCERE APPRECIATION,MARY ANNE LAVORE