Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Dr. Juan Uribe - no better in the Tampa area show details Dr. Juan Uribe - no better in the Tampa area
by Linda Loehr on Aug 5th, 2016

Pros: Dr. Uribe is a Master Surgeon. The surgery her did was complicated and challenging. He essentially rebuilt Cervical Spine C2-C7 and saved me from total paralysis from the head down. I had several doctors before him who misdiagnosed so I went through unnecessary carpel tunnel surgeries. Before Dr. Uribe performed his almost 11 hour surgery, I was unable to write or type and had hot lava sensations in my back, arms and hands. The only thing I have now is some manageable residual pain and numbness in my hands, due to other doctors not expediently diagnosing. Cons: Twice the people making my preoperative appointments made them on days that the people whom I was to see weren't there. In one way this might have happened because I got to meet doctor named Clayton Bower from a different department who filled in, got me set up and prayed with me. I actually saw him before and after the surgery, filling in as an angel on earth.

Scoliosis lumbar surgery show details Scoliosis lumbar surgery
by Catherine B on May 17th, 2016

I had lumbar spinal fusion by Dr. Uribe in January. Results were wonderful. He warned me ahead of time that I would not see him after surgery unless something was wrong. He had team members that did most of the visits, but he did also stop by. All fine by me.

BEST neurosurgeon i have EVER seen!! (and I've seen ALOT)!! show details BEST neurosurgeon i have EVER seen!! (and I've seen ALOT)!!
by Kristie P on May 7th, 2016

I was in severe pain for YEARS, headaches with no answers until I found Dr. Uribe!! I ended up needing neck surgery from disc damage. He said he didn't want to fuse it because of my age so he contacted the company that makes the artificial discs & he got them to donate 1 because my insurance wouldn't cover that part!! I will FOREVER be GRATEFUL to him!! 6&1/2 years later and I very rarely get headaches anymore!! Thank you!!! Melissa was AMAZING also!! They're both very patient with you! It was tough getting my pain managed after surgery & he came in on a Sunday JUST to make sure I was ok! When he didn't have to, he could've just given orders over the phone!! I was back to work in just over a month!!

LOVE HIM show details LOVE HIM
by Lisa M. on Mar 24th, 2016

LOVE HIM!!!! I was in pain for over a year before I finally decided to seek help. He was referred to me by an ER Physician friend of mine, so I called and from the point of meeting his staff Melissa, Tracy and Dr. Uribe, I knew I was in Truly GREAT hands. He is a very caring " NON GOD " Complex physician who genuinely cares for his patients. He never thought any questions or concerns I had were petty. During all of my office visits he NEVER rushes through them. He will take all the time YOU as the patient needs. It was immediately brought to my attention I had to have Neck/ Spine surgery, this was not up for discussion. He went over my MRI films in detail with me and my Fiance explaining what would happen if I did not have this surgery. I had it done on Sept. 21, 2015 and here I am 6 months later VERY HAPPY. Today he told me I was clear to ride roller coasters, play golf, etc. basically start living my life again. When he showed me my films today I cried, because I knew he kept his word to the date of the progression of my healing process. I am grateful for finding him and so is my family. I would recommend this fine Gentleman and Surgeon to all my friends and family and anyone who wants an amazing personal Physician. Lisa

Dr. Uribe is a fantastic surgeon and medical provider show details Dr. Uribe is a fantastic surgeon and medical provider
Mar 1st, 2016

Dr. Uribe was my neurologist for a very challenging medical condition I have, and did two phases of neck/spinal surgery. Prior to and during my diagnosis, Dr. Uribe took the time to explain every facet of my condition, including possible consequences of having and not having the surgery. His bedside manner is excellent, and he always had an answer for any concerns I have. My surgery was a year ago, and I still see Dr. Uribe for regular followups. He is not only an excellent surgeon, he also has a wonderful bedside manner that I really appreciated during my surgery and recovery.

Disectomy T8-T9 interbody fusion with autograft show details Disectomy T8-T9 interbody fusion with autograft
by Gary L. on Feb 21st, 2016

My doctor in South Florida recommended Dr. Uribe in Tampa because it was a rare spinal condition that required special expertise which doctors in my area did not see often enough to have Dr. Uribe's experience in this type of operation. A six hour operation was performed successfully and I was discharged 5 days later. I was extremely pleased withTampa General and Dr. Uribe's staff.

My microdiscectomy show details My microdiscectomy
by Molly N on Feb 6th, 2016

Dr. Uribe performed a spinal fusion L4,L5, S1 with discectomy and repair of spondylolisthesis. This was done microscopically . I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I am pain free, have abundant energy, and excited to get back to the sports I love. I recommend Dr. Uribe without any reservation. He is a talented, skilled and compassionate surgeon.

Amazingly talented and compassionate neurological sugeon - BEST OF THE BEST show details Amazingly talented and compassionate neurological sugeon - BEST OF THE BEST
by A. Munro on Sep 3rd, 2015

After 3 different visits to Tampa General in 2 days time, with the most debilitating, excruciating, torturous pain of my entire life, for almost four days straight, this man saved my life!!! I just wanted the EMS to leave me on the 2nd floor of my home and let me die, instead of bearing the pain of being carried down the stairs. Both he and Dr. McFadden were the only two doctors that understood the severity of my pain and wanted to try and fix it, not just keep it at bay with more drugs. With Dr. Uribe's neurological and surgical expertise I went from being physically disabled and in debilitating pain before the surgery, to almost all the pain being gone immediately upon waking from surgery. This man is beyond talented and superior at his job. When my treating doctor found out who I randomly got in the ER to do the surgery, he two said I was lucky because I had gotten one of the best of the best. And last, his compassion and his bedside manner are as excellent as his surgical skills. He talked me through everything pre-surgery and continually checked up on me post surgery. If you every find yourself needing a neurological surgeon. This is the one you want fighting for you before, during and after surgery.

Pain Free show details Pain Free
by April P on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Juan Uribe is top of the line! I had chronic neck pain and migraines off and on for 10 years. Pain management doctors did epidurals and steroid injections and recommended me to have radiofrequency, where they burn the nerves, which I did not do. The injections worked at first and then not at all. The PM doctors wanted to keep pumping me full of steroids. I am only 34 years old so did not think I needed major surgery by a neurosurgeon especially since I have seen Neurologists and PM doctors for many years and not one advised me to do so. I went to Dr. Uribe only for an opinion and was shocked at what he told me. I needed C6 Corpectomy and C5-C7 fusion with a cage and cadaver bone and that I should not have even seen a PM doctor for my condition. After doing research and getting several opinions I had the surgery with Dr. Uribe, who is highly recommended. Recovery was a breeze (even with having a toddler to take care of). I am pain free and enjoying life. I will say, you will most likely have a long wait time, and most of the staff is hard to get in touch with unless you complain-except his ARNP Melissa Burns, who it awesome! Aside from all of this, he is well worth it. You will also not see him after the surgery unless you are having problems. I finally got to see him on my 3 month follow up which was brief but I am very happy!

He must be fabulous show details He must be fabulous
by Margaret J. Schmetzer on Sep 17th, 2013

He must be fabulous because I have been trying like crazy to get an appointment the past two weeks. Evelyn is extremely hard to reach as everyone apparently has to go through her in order to get access to this doctor. She has been faxed my medical records three times, yet claims she has not received them and that other doctors use the same machine. She says the doctor will not see anyone unless he first gets their medical records before making an appointment. Donna is the office manager whom you need to ask for in order to get this process done. I was about to drive out there with a witness to hand in the papers in person. Good luck!!!

Ms show details Ms
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr Uribe is the best neurocirgury ever. He is very polite and spend a lot of time listening to the patient. He is a very porfessional doctor. He helped me a lot I highly recomended hhim

Best of all!!!! show details Best of all!!!!
by Mary Polls on Jun 28th, 2011

I would recomen Dr Juan Uribe. He is avery kind person and very accurated. He dianosed me vey well. He said what I really had and He did a wonderful job on me. Thanks to him, I can be myself again.I saw a lot of doctors in the past, but this Juan Uribe was the only one who cured me and gave me quality of life.Thanks to Dr Uribe I can be a better human been.

Dr Uribe Fixed My Back show details Dr Uribe Fixed My Back
May 26th, 2011

Dr Uribe is a very special surgeon! He's one of the few surgeons who perform XLIF in Tampa Bay. I had ruptured L5-S1 multiple times over 20 years. The disc was mostly gone & I had severe nerve impingement. Dr Uribe did his XLIF surgery on me 2/21/11. Immediately after the 4 1/2 hour procedure I had the feeling back in my legs. I'm 3 months post-op now & have zero pain. It's incredible how quickly the spine can heal from such a major surgery as this. Dr Uribe doesn't cut any of the muscles in the back with this procedure, rather he goes in through the side. Almost no scar, he didn't even use stitches to close (surgical glue). Back surgery is a scary thing! Be assurred that Dr Uribe & his staff can be trusted to help you through the surgery & the healing process. I've got my life back, thanks to Dr Uribe.

Great treatment if you are young and thin show details Great treatment if you are young and thin
May 20th, 2011

Dr. Uribe refused my case because he said I was "morbidly obese" and therefore high risk. It didn't matter that my vitals and every sign of health were excellent (he never asked)or that I am extremely healthy and fit (I exercise 4-5 hours a week and have for 15 years)and that I am borderline mixedema. It's easy to build a reputation if you only operate on those who are young and thin.

Wish all Drs. were this professional. show details Wish all Drs. were this professional.
by Denise B. on Nov 10th, 2009

I have a real bad back, numerous herniations and lots of pre-exhisting problems. Dr. Uribe was the first doctor I came across that took the time to ask questions, perform tests and treat me like a fellow human. Before I came across Dr. Uribe, I went to 4 different dr.s that either were eager to cut or decided they would never cut all this before seeing me or my records. Dr. Uribe not only took the time to find out what was wrong he also came to see me right after I woke up after surgery and talked to me. He also visited everyday in the hospital after surgery to make sure I was aware what was happening with me and my case. After I had additional problems with my back he continued to fix what was wrong, the whole time making sure I never felt like I was a problem to him. I had to call the office after hours on a holiday weekend and after I left a message with his service, he called 15 minutes later and wasn't mad I'd called on such an inconvenient time. He also made sure to take care of me at the hospital even when anyother dr. would have told me to wait till Monday or let some ER doc take care of the problem. Dr. Uribe is the best surgeon I've ever encountered and a very professional person. I would reccomend him no matter how long I had to wait. You will be treated like a human and given options for your treatment.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
MARY ANNE LAVORE show details MARY ANNE LAVORE
by MARY ANNE LAVORE on Sep 12th, 2009

DR. URIBE, HOW COULD I THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE? WORDS FAIL ME TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE AND APPRECIATION. ALTHOUGH YOU FEARED THAT I WOULDN'T LIVE THROUGH MY SURGERY, OR THROUGH THE NIGHT, MY SURVIVAL PROVED WHAT A SKILLED SURGEON YOU TRULY ARE. SO DON'T DOUBT YOUR SKILLS BECAUSE, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERENED, YOU'RE A MIRACLE MAN! MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS IN YOUR DEBT. YOU WERE SO KIND AND CARING AND IT MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO THEM. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENUINE CONCERN AND THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR PATIENTS. THIS IS RARE WITH SURGEONS, BUT YOU WERE OUTSTANDING IN MY CASE. I WILL BE IN YOUR DEBT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.WITH SINCERE APPRECIATION,MARY ANNE LAVORE