Dr. Juan Varon MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Kissimmee, FL

3.1

August 29th, 2016
worst doctor office ever went to
Main operator is rued and unfriendly, no customer service. Most of the time during normal hours operator does not pick up, would leave messages put very rarely get a call back. Would be put on hold for over 20 minutes several times. Would not refill prescriptions due to there mess up on not sending over lab work paperwork. Want me to come in before lab work to get an office visit then come back after lab work also. Seems like they just want to have you to come in so they can charge your insurance. They would rather let you run out of refills and get sicker than trying to help. Was told by them that they would not refill prescriptions and if I feel sick " GO TO EMERGENCY ROOM". It felt like if you do not speak Spanish they do not care!!!! Find new doctor.

April 26th, 2016
Great Doctor and Office Staff
Have read all the reviews so far. Have never had any problems when I go with my husband for his appointment. Neither of us speak Spanish but that has not been a problem. Never had to wait long. If an extra appointment was needed they go out of their way to help and the staff on the front desk are great and so are the nurses. Been going there for two years and are well satisfied.

August 20th, 2015
I have a complex medical history with multiple diagnoses and am on disability due to the different issues. I went in to see Dr. Varon for pre diabetes and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. My first visit I saw the nurse practitioner who was nice and listened to me as I tried my best to explain all of the different things going on with my situation. But this visit I saw the doctor for the first time, and the last time. As a life long patient with a long list of health problems I have seen a fair amount of different doctors. I have also seen many different types of patients in the waiting rooms. I know that doctors struggle with some patients who over exaggerate their problems or want to discuss every ache and pain they have. I get it. But this doctor didn't have any interest in hearing about my other medical conditions that could affect my blood sugar, like that I have gastroparesis and nerve problems in my digestive track making food digestion difficult, thus causing blood sugar trouble. While I was trying to explain what I had going on he cut me off and talked over me until I stopped talking so he could inform me that we were only going to discuss the things that were relevant to diabetes and thyroid. When he finally "allowed" me to speak and I told him about the gastroparesis he admitted that it was relevant but then proceeded to argue about there being a cure for it with the implantable pacemaker (um, is that even covered by medicare? On top of that I have a rare headache disorder that is affected by the trigeminal and vagus nerve which probably wouldn't even make me a candidate for that procedure. I didn't have a chance to explain that because he was not at all interested in hearing about my other issues). On top of all this....this was my first visit with him. And he pulled up my weight information and said "Let's see how much weight you have lost". And then upon realizing I haven't lost any weight he looks at me and commented on no loss and then condescendingly told me that managing diabetes is about weight loss and exercise. Um....I was in this office 1 other time and no one put me on any special diet or told me to see a nutritionist or referred me to a physical therapist who could work with my other health problems so that I could get exercise. Why would I come to this appointment 3 months later and have lost weight? I had no idea there was an expectation that I would have lost weight. My metformin was increased but still. The appointment went downhill from here as I realized that any doctor specializing in diabetes and thyroid problems that approaches the subject of weight loss this way, with this level of ignorance and insensitivity, was never going to be a doctor I could continue to go to. Doctors like this, ones that won't even listen to a patients background and challenges, ones that don't realize that the medical field is only just starting to break the surface of understanding of the obesity problems, are a disgrace to medicine. Don't waste your time with this doctor if you have complex health issues because he isn't interested in understanding your big picture. And if you are the type of patient who advocates for themselves and appreciates doctors who will listen and try to be aware of your whole medical history this is definitely not the doctor you want in your corner.

August 17th, 2015
diabetic
It was wonderful my visit

April 19th, 2015
not sayisfy
Im hispanic. And i dont like this doctor. I stood with him for 2 min and that was it. I told him to checked my neck to do things and nothing. Me as a new patient i believe he was supposed to send me to get a ultrasound or something and nothing was done. I decide to go with another doctor.

May 22nd, 2014
he's rude
the way he spoke to us on every appt. was very frustrating. my husband is diabetic, and he got him in a new pump, he never got the right training and the doc talked to him like he was stupid! he's English is bad, and his attitude worse. we hated every appt because of the intense of his attitude!

January 11th, 2014
Bad Attitude
Dr. Varon, shows indifference to patients that are not hispanic, and so does his ill mannered office staff, if you dont speak spanish...dont go to this office for any medical reason....HISPANIC they make you feel like CRAP....this is the first doctor, I have ever seen. greet a patient with a frown on his face, and a bad attitude

March 19th, 2013
Very Satisfied!
Dr. Varon is very professional and polite...he is great at talking through the biopsy and exams and putting you at ease making you feel relax and if I had to wait I would because its worth the wait...after reading some of his negative reviews I can definitely say I DO NOT agree with them and would recommend his service and staff without hesitation.

October 30th, 2012
Pretty bad staff; Will never go back again
The "lady" who does the schedule, "Jessy", has very bad manners, She cancel my appointment without reason and did not notify me. She treated me like trash when I as her why she did it. I want to let Dr. Varon know that this "lady" is destroying his bussiness. I do think that Dr. Varon is an Excellent physician but i will never ever will be back to his office

April 24th, 2012
Lamentablemente mi experiencia con el Dr. Varon ha sido muy negativa. Por ua diferencia de cinco minutos en mi cita que tenia previamente se nego atenderme cuando en realidaad era para informarme del resultado de una biobcia que ya me habia realizado es un momento difisil y muy importante para mi, me informa atravez de su personal que regrese otro dia el Dr. Varon carece de profecionalismo sencivilidad y trato a sus pacientes. Mi recomendacion para el es Negativa les recomiendo a todos que antes de ver al Dr. Varon busquen otro Dr. con mas Vocacion' Apesar de ests penosa situacion con el Dr. su personal ha sido muy atento en todo momento.