Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  The temperamental, rude, arrogant, insensitive, unprofessional Juanchichos Ventura  |  show details
by M.W. on Feb 16th, 2014

Doctor Juanchicos Ventura, chief of staff at the Mount Grant General Hospital in Hawthorne, Nevada, is a very harsh, arrogant, insulting, insensitive and unprofessional doctor and the county facility in which he heads is old and dirty. I initially came to this hospital e.r. with an infection in one of my fingers. The physician's assistant decided to admit me for observation. Doctor Ventura took over without my knowledge and continued to keep me at the facility because he wanted to cut my finger open and drain the infection, which he did and the finger became much worse. Five days later I was still there hooked up to numerous i.v's and the end of my finger had changed into a dead, bloody, disgusting piece of meat with a fingernail attached. He rail-roaded me into being there for more time, nearly a week. I became scared and frightened that I may lose the finger and was stuck in a nightmare facility with a destroyed finger. I noticed how dirty the facility was as well and became afraid that I may contract staph or some other god-awful condition. I confronted him about my concerns and he raised his voice and humiliated me in front of a number of the hospital nursing-staff. I was crushed and did not know anyone close by and felt I had no advocate in the situation and expressed my fear. He criticized and ridiculed me in front of others and stated at me with piercing eyes and he couldn't remember my name. In my humble opinion, Doctor Ventura is insensitive, rude, arrogant, unprofessional and down right mean. He may have ruined my finger when instead, he should have referred me to a hand-specialist. I also heard stories from various staff about how he is mean to nurses and calls them names. Whatever the case, I have never experienced such direct meanness and arrogance from a doctor, ever, until meeting this psychotic individual. He should not be allowed to practice in a public facility and certainly does not deserve to be chief of staff anywhere, in my opinion. I would grade him with an F and pity anyone who ever has to be treated by or work under the man.