3.0

Brown vs. Mount Grant General Hospital show details Brown vs. Mount Grant General Hospital
Nov 20th, 2015

Brown versus Mount Grant General Hospital: 1 2 3 4 5 6 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT 7 DISTRICT OF NEVADA 8 **** * 9 HATTIE BROWN, individually and as the co- ) ) ORDER ) 3:12-CV-00461-LRH-WGC 10 incapacitated adult; TROY BROWN, as co- ) guardian of Plaintiff EUGENE BROWN, an guardian, ) Plaintiffs, ) ) vs. ) ) MT. GRANT GENERAL HOSPITAL; ) 14 JUANCHICHOS T. VENTURA, M.D.; ) DANIEL A. WILLIAMS, JR., M.D., ) ) Defendants. ) ) 11 12 13 15 16 17 Before the court are Defendants Mineral County Hospital District (d.b.a. Mt. Grant 18 General Hospital), Juanchicos T. Ventura, M.D., and Daniel A. Williams, Jr., M.D.’s 19 (“Defendants”) Motion to Dismiss (#401) and Motion to Dismiss State Law Claims (#41). 20 Plaintiffs Hattie Brown, Eugene Brown, and Troy Brown (“Plaintiffs”) have responded (##45, 21 47, respectively), and Defendants have replied (##52, 53, respectively). Also before the court are 22 Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss Claims (#57), to which Plaintiffs have responded (#58) and 23 Defendants have replied (#61), and Plaintiffs’ Motion to Substitute (#60), to which Defendants 24 have responded (#62) and Plaintiffs have replied (#67). 25 I. Facts and Procedural History This action stems from the alleged mistreatment of Eugene Brown, an elderly black man, 27 while he was in the care of Mt. Grant General Hospital (“Mt. Grant”) and physicians Ventura and 28 1Refers to the court’s docket entry number. 26 1 Williams. Eugene was2 an incapacitated adult under the guardianship of his wife Hattie and his 2 son Troy. Second Amended Complaint (“SAC”) #39, ¶¶ 1-3. On March 8, 2011, Eugene was 3 admitted to Mt. Grant for treatment of various medical problems, including pneumonia. Id. at 4 ¶ 13. Eugene was hospitalized for this treatment until May 19. Id. at ¶ 15. 5 During this period, while heavily medicated and under the care of Ventura and Williams, 6 Eugene developed decubitus ulcers—also known as bedsores—which Defendants intentionally 7 concealed. Id. at ¶¶ 16–18. As the bedsores worsened, and Eugene’s skin continued deteriorating, 8 the injuries resulted in exposed muscle and bone around his legs, buttocks, and genitals. Id. at ¶ 9 18. These exposed areas also led to multiple infections, requiring surgery and other medical 10 procedures to treat. Id. 11 Sometime around April 9, Ventura or Williams contacted another facility for a “wound 12 care consultation,” and this facility recommended that Eugene be transferred for immediate 13 surgical attention. Id. at ¶ 19. However, Defendants continued to treat the bedsores themselves, 14 and the transfer did not occur until May 19. Id. at ¶ 22–23. This resulted in more severe bedsores 15 and more serious infections. Id. at ¶ 23. Though Defendants claimed they did not have the ability 16 to transfer Eugene before May 19, they allegedly transferred young, female, white patients in the 17 interim. Id. at ¶ 20. 18 Defendants removed this action from Nevada state court on August 28, 2012 (#1). The 19 court granted Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss on January 9, 2013 (#38). Plaintiffs then filed their 20 Second Amended Complaint on January 22, 2013 (#39), bringing two claims under 42 U.S.C. 21 § 1983 against Defendants for violations of Eugene’s substantive due process and equal 22 protection rights under the Fourteenth Amendment. The due process claim alleges that 23 Defendants had a duty to protect Eugene from a danger they created. The equal protection claim 24 alleges Defendants discriminated against Eugene on the basis of sex or race. Plaintiffs also allege 25 state law claims for negligence and elder abuse. Defendants now move to dismiss all claims. 26 /// 2 Eugene died on February 15, 2013. 2

Nov 20th, 2015

I have a family member who was treated by his glorified " med aide" who has conned the physician's board into believing he is a qualified Doctor. After losing a family member due to a missed diagnosis I fear this man is a danger to patients that are under his care. While searching through the internet I found a video of him performing a surgical procedure in unsanitary conditions. I asked an RN to watch the video and she was horrified watching this "Doctor"who showed complete indifference while the patient screamed out in pain. Ventura just continued to cut while making jokes. I believe he has provided fraudulent credentials to the medical board in order to gain his visa to be in our country.

Dangerous doctor, hospital and county administrations show details Dangerous doctor, hospital and county administrations
Nov 20th, 2015

This hospital and so called doctor is dangerous. The facility is not a 4-star hospital, nor is the doctor-staff or administration courteous, knowledgeable or professional. It is a county facility with no oversight or accountability. Any votes to bring it positive ratings are most likely from within the administration or manipulated by the doctor-staff and/or the administration. This facility, it's administration and entire management and sheriff's department of Mineral County Nevada needs to be seriously investigated by the FBI and Homeland Security

The temperamental, rude, arrogant, insensitive, unprofessional Juanchichos Ventura show details The temperamental, rude, arrogant, insensitive, unprofessional Juanchichos Ventura
by M.W. on Feb 16th, 2014

Doctor Juanchicos Ventura, chief of staff at the Mount Grant General Hospital in Hawthorne, Nevada, is a very harsh, arrogant, insulting, insensitive and unprofessional doctor and the county facility in which he heads is old and dirty. I initially came to this hospital e.r. with an infection in one of my fingers. The physician's assistant decided to admit me for observation. Doctor Ventura took over without my knowledge and continued to keep me at the facility because he wanted to cut my finger open and drain the infection, which he did and the finger became much worse. Five days later I was still there hooked up to numerous i.v's and the end of my finger had changed into a dead, bloody, disgusting piece of meat with a fingernail attached. He rail-roaded me into being there for more time, nearly a week. I became scared and frightened that I may lose the finger and was stuck in a nightmare facility with a destroyed finger. I noticed how dirty the facility was as well and became afraid that I may contract staph or some other god-awful condition. I confronted him about my concerns and he raised his voice and humiliated me in front of a number of the hospital nursing-staff. I was crushed and did not know anyone close by and felt I had no advocate in the situation and expressed my fear. He criticized and ridiculed me in front of others and stated at me with piercing eyes and he couldn't remember my name. In my humble opinion, Doctor Ventura is insensitive, rude, arrogant, unprofessional and down right mean. He may have ruined my finger when instead, he should have referred me to a hand-specialist. I also heard stories from various staff about how he is mean to nurses and calls them names. Whatever the case, I have never experienced such direct meanness and arrogance from a doctor, ever, until meeting this psychotic individual. He should not be allowed to practice in a public facility and certainly does not deserve to be chief of staff anywhere, in my opinion. I would grade him with an F and pity anyone who ever has to be treated by or work under the man.