A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Juanita Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Juanita Merchant is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Diabetes Patient Education Learn about types of diabetes and diabetic patient symptoms, causes and treatments with out patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Juanita Merchant, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Stomach Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from Yale University, New Haven. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Merchant has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Juanita Merchant MD and PHD is a female Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Juanita Merchant practice?
- Dr. Juanita Merchant has 1 office location.
Dr. Juanita Merchant practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Internists and Ann Arbor Gastroenterologists.