A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Juanita Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Juanita Merchant is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Juanita Merchant, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- She has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Stomach Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from Yale University, New Haven. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Merchant has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- University of Michigan Health System
- Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Juanita Merchant MD and PHD is a female Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Juanita Merchant practice?
- Dr. Juanita Merchant has 1 office location.
Dr. Juanita Merchant practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Internists and Ann Arbor Gastroenterologists.