Dr. Judd Boczko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 23rd, 2015
Dr Boczko completely misdiagnosed what was a textbook description of IC which delayed proper treatment for months. I was told "if sex is uncomfortable then just don't do it" which is NOT the way to treat a manageable disease. He frightened me with his diagnosis of "it will be something you just have to live with" and told me I had overactive bladder syndrome which I DON'T. Did not explain treatments for IC or even overactive bladder or therapies. He just gave me a list of food to avoid and some Uribell and sent me on my way which included continuing my mild IC which then progressed into moderate IC due to not proper treatment.

December 23rd, 2014
exceptional referred my friend to him

April 22nd, 2014
missed diagnosis
Dr. Boczko misdiagnosed my condition. Had I not sought the help of another urologist I might never have solved my problem.

January 19th, 2014
Please avoid this doctor
My experience with Judd Boczko is the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. When I presented my condition to him, he did not perform an examination, barely listened to what I had to say, laughed at me at one point during our conversation, and then continued to insist that my only option was taking certain medications. Each encounter with this man left me feeling angry and more anxious about my condition. It was not until I saw another doctor that I realized exactly how irresponsible Judd Boczko is as a doctor. I am not sure what motivates him, but he was really pushing for me to begin a medication that I would have to take for the rest of my life. His decision to put me on this medication was hasty, uninformed, and ultimately wrong.

January 6th, 2014
great doctor
I found him intelligent, well spoken and he took the time to listen to my issues. He also was able to explain to me my problem in a language and description that I was able to understand. I am thankful I have him as my urologist

November 14th, 2013
The Worst Doctor I've Ever Had
I want to take my time with this review because this isn't just a casual negative experience that we have the misfortune of encountering every now and then. This was one of those experiences that was so profoundly unpleasant that you wouldn't wish it on anyone you knew. I'll recount my experience without giving away any personal information, but hopefully the omission of my own medical details will not take away from the reaction I wish to convey clearly. I was referred to the WestMed Urologist Practice in Rye by another doctor who was unable to treat me based on his own limited experience with my specific condition. Though these days medical referrals can all to easily become lengthy circles of unproductive co-pays and evaluations, I was at the very least pleased that Dr. Boczko's office was able to fit me in with next day convenience (now that I have had the appointment, I can understand why the wait was not longer). His receptionist was charming, helping and kind-the type of individual that makes you feel welcome while also setting the stage for a positive experience. I don't mind that I waited 20 minutes past my scheduled appointment, such things are not atypical in my experience. His nurse was also very pleasant and as attentive as any patient could hope a nurse to be. As I waited for Dr. Boczko to make his appearance, I thought about the personal nature of my visit and how I've been lucky to have a handful of doctors in the past who were respectful, gentle, kind, informative and perhaps occasionally blunt with their honest and professional medical opinions. For every great doctor I've had, I've probably encountered 2 or 3 less desirable but still relatively harmless doctors. I wasn't worried- it only took 60 seconds with Dr. Boczko to make me realize I would have been better prepared with a dose of anxiousness. First impressions can reveal a lot about an individual, and those first moments are even more critical when you're trusting your health to someone else. In those first moments Dr. Boczko had no trouble showing me just how rude, hasty and uninformative a medical professional with a degree can be. He walked into the room and asked questions that clearly indicated he hadn't read my charts or any of the notes that the doctor who referred me had sent. Furthermore, his examination was so cursory and rough that had I been blind-folded, you could have fooled me by telling me a carpenter was playing doctor for the day. He took me into his office to "discuss" (and I use that word very loosely) the nature of my symptoms as well as two possible treatments. I've had risks explained to me before, but never has a doctor used scare tactics when I expressed an interest in one treatment over another. I left my appointment uninformed, upset and disrespected. Long story short?: I have never encountered a less competent individual in any profession. I wouldn't trust this man with my health or the health of anyone else.

November 11th, 2013
so happy i found him
I'm so lucky I found Dr. Boczko. I was misdiagnosed about my urinary condition by 2 different urologists in the area. He found out what was going on, explained it to me and started me on treatment and I've been better ever since

May 7th, 2013
SOunds like the bad reviews below is from one anti-Semitic individual who has an axe to grind. I found Dr. B helpful, caring and someone who is very experienced and knowledgeable. I even referred my brother to him.

March 25th, 2012
Avoid
I saw this guy a number of years ago. His carelessness most likely ruined my life. Avoid.

October 21st, 2010
excellent personalitywell educatedbrightexcellent surgical techniques and diagnostic skills