Dr. Judith Blitman Is this you?

August 5th, 2016

Judy Blitman Rocks

Dr. Blitman has been perfect for me. She is "old school" which I understand and appreciate.

November 2nd, 2015

Bad with trauma experiences. She can feel judgy. Please be aware. (I.e. asked if I'd ever had assertiveness training, ever thought not to invite a man over unless I wanted sex, asked whether I screamed out for help each time I was assaulted despite me trying to explain how scared I was). Seems a bit culturally insensitive too. I'm Mexican American, and she seemed to struggle to relate to my upbringing. Finally, she told me that she has a hard policy: if you attempt suicide while in her care, she will stop seeing you. She said it's because it means you are not committed to your work with her, or that something isn't working. So, she'll make you find another psychiatrist if you attempt suicide. Note: this experience is just based on my first visit.

May 28th, 2013

Sensitive and helpful

Dr. Blitman listened attentively, asked intelligent questions and after a few appointments offered advice that I found helpful in dealing with difficult situations in my life. She took time discussing my problems with me and assessed them with more sophistication and nuance than any other doctor I’ve seen. She advised me about medication that might be useful and took my feelings about them into account. I would recommend her to anyone.

October 11th, 2012

Insensitive or direct... You decide.

Saw reviews on here that were disturbing but I went anyway because she is right down the block. I figured the negative reviews were from "slightly crazy" perhaps overly sensitive people. I decided to see for myself. I laughed when she was overly brusque on the phone because I was prepared for it. She was a bit curt. What I was not prepared for was being asked "How long have you been obese?" when I didn't even bring up the subject of weight? ( I am indeed 50 lbs overweight but never been labeles obese) I said why don't you take a baseball bat and just hit me with it. So I thought.. she is a direct New Yorker; maybe thats good. Then I thought If it were me even 3 years ago and a doctor said that to me, I would have sunk into a 3 month depression. Aren't psychiatrists. supposed to be empathetic? I don't know. Insensitive or direct. You decide.I also handed her a check the minute I went into the office. At the end of the session she asked me for a check. I told her I gave it to her at the beginning of the appointment.She does have a habit of saying (as someone pointed out) um umhmmmm....m hmmmmmm umhmmm.In summary, she seemed intelligent and aware enough. She was quick to try and label me in some way. Her appearance was of a mad scientist--kind of thrown together. She asked pertinent questions. She seemed to know her drugs. I also think she is disorganized, the lobby could use some sprucing up, and perhaps insensitive.I've decided to go somewhere else.

June 7th, 2012

Rude, Abnoxious and Unprofessional

1. Phone manners absolutely disturbing.2. Rude and abnoxious both on the phone and in person.3. She rushes and rushes as though trying to push you out the door as though her services were charity.4. Makes you do her paper work, to fill out her claim forms and to locate addreses so that she can be paid, to say the least.5. Blames you when she makes a mistake with your prescription.6. Has absolutely no people skills whatsover.Thank God I found a better doc, right away.

February 20th, 2011

useful

Good exploratory first session-I got some insight from the interview.

February 6th, 2011

she is not really professinal doctor, she is so bad at diagnosing my problem, she has not gaven good attention on me and just hurry up for next patient, and push me making appointment between a shirt time, which is unnecessary, i think she just want to the money from my insurance.

November 18th, 2010

help with psychiatric disability

I was briefly disabled by depression and Dr. Blitman helped me get temporary disability and more important got me back to work in eight weeks. She was sharp and helpful

November 5th, 2010

It was hard to get an appointment with Dr. Blitman, but it was well worth the wait. Once I saw her it was clear that she would be dedicated to helping me.

October 2nd, 2010

unprofessional

she says she accepts new patients, but it is impossible to get an appointment. First you have to call her numerous times before she responds. When she does respond it is to ask you to call her later. Then when you get a hold of her again, she does not have a slot for several weeks.

August 15th, 2010

Good Listener

Dr. Blitman gave me plenty of time to tell my story and then had many useful suggestions. I think she is wise and competent and I have been to many psychiatrists.

May 22nd, 2010

Astute, intelligent physician

Was given a clear summary of my symptoms with her diagnosis and treatment options