Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Manager  |  show details
by RSF on May 8th, 2014

We received this very low rated review , see below: I understand the patient's frustration, however we are striving for betterment here at Total Eye Care Centers, P. C. I as a Manager when I found out about this patients problem I went out of my way and documented a letter for the credit bureaus that were effected, and I was not 100% sure of the information, but wanted to help, and spent time on this until the patient was satisfied. I went a step further and called the collection agency as well. I did not hear anything from the patient after that except to see a poor review on this website and one other thus far. We have changed our software, to an EMR system which is running more efficiently. The Doctor makes it her business to thoroughly examine her patients, and if she is delayed she will give that same additional time too the next patient , so that all patients are satisfied. Dr. Judith Lavrich is a well-informed, thorough, dedicated Doctor, a specialist, which sometimes takes more visiting time, and this billing issue to effect the Doctor's credentials was very unfair to her as a Physician. RSF

|  Paid Bill Goes to Collections!  |  show details
by Ami on Apr 17th, 2014

If giving negative stars was an option, this office deserves it! Please note that this review is more about the office than the doctor. Two years ago, I made the mistake of taking my infant son to see Dr. Lavrich. After an hour plus wait in the waiting area, followed by another 90 minute wait in one of their rooms, the doctor finally deemed it appropriate to see us. This was after I dealt with comments made by the staff about the stink from my infant sons diaper. Well, what did they expect from a child? This shocked me after they were recommended by his pediatrician. I took him for a follow up appointment several months later and had a similar experience. The real issue comes from their billing office. We received our first bill in May 2012, which was immediately paid in full. The office deposited our check but failed to credit the account. For the next 18 months, we continued to contact the office regarding this. Even after providing them with proof that the bill was paid, including check numbers, images and the date they deposited my check, we did not get a resolution. They passed this account to a collections agency. The same information was shared with them. I was able to connect with a new office manager at Total Eye Care, who then cleared our account and provided me with documentation showing that my account was now considered paid in full. End of story, right? Wrong! Now almost two years after I originally paid the bill, the account was still listed as in collections, and has hit all 3 credit agencies. My husbands credit score has dropped almost a 100 points. At a time where we are in the process of obtaining a mortgage for a new home purchase, the ramifications of the laziness and sloppiness from this office are now exaggerated! I'm told by the office manager that they have changed billing systems, but unfortunately this does not change the horrible experience I'm still having. Save yourself years of frustration and stay far away from Total Eye Care Center in Levittown, PA.

|  Poor Service  |  show details
by Looking for New Doctor on Feb 19th, 2014

All the Levittown office is an overbooked and rushed mill like an assembly line with no professionalism. They try to charge you for what ever they can and sell you glasses when you don't need them. I would recommend to stay away from this location.

|  Daughter's strabismus issue  |  show details
by Lori on Feb 17th, 2014

I cannot say enough about the care Dr. Lavrich has given my 7 year old daughter the last 2 years. She took a very holistic, sustained and practical approach to a serious strabismus issue that we have struggled with since my daughter was only 2 years old. We liked her former eye doctor but he was definitely prone to eye surgery quickly upon an eye turn diagnosis so unfortunately we had 2 surgeries with my daughter under complete sedation by the time she was 4. STILL a turn in her eye happened and affected her vision, of course. Dr. Lavrich tried a completely different approach of patching with a thin film on her glasses and switching the patch's occlusion and timeframe as we went progressed. She was patient, thorough and stayed on top of it all the while aiming to avoid another (3rd) surgery if we could. Happy to report that Dr. Lavrich's approach not only fixed the turn in my daugher's eyes, but consequently improved her vision!! After the 2 surgeries was 40/30 vision with glasses on. Now an amazing 20/25 w glasses on! We are thrilled for many reasons. Highly recommend Dr. Lavrich if you want a caring, smart and practical approach to your children's eye issues, not rushing to surgery to solve it then see the issue again...

|  patient  |  show details
by Susan Fabian on May 10th, 2013

Dr Lavrich was extremely thorough with my exam and treatment. I went in for one problem but she found another much more serious issue. I had tests never before done on me. Dr Lavrich and staff explained everything so I understood and was very comfortable with everything going on. I am very grateful for Dr Lavrich, the Total Eye Care office staff, and the staff at St Mary's for saving me from a problem that could have caused total blindness in one or both eyes.

Jan 21st, 2013

My experience with Dr. Judith Lavrich has been very positive. She is a dedicated professional committed to deliver the best care to each patient. At all times she is attentive, considerate and caring. With each office visit she spends adequate time with me, is patient to listen to my concerns and I never feel rushed. When I leave the office I have all my questions addressed satisfactorily with a clear understanding of the course of treatment. Dr. Lavrich embraces teamwork in her office and takes the initiative to ensure that her staff is professional and courteous. She recognizes the importance to advance her staff’s knowledge, encourages their development and continually affords them with training opportunities. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an ophthalmologist.

|  Kudos and musch thanks  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

Just wanted to say that I am very very pleased with the care and attention that I received from this center. I was having an eye problem with double vision when it was discovered that I had a different more pressing issue that could have led to total blindness.If it was not for the professional services providded by Dr. Lavrich and her team of specialists it might have been much harder for me to make this post.Thanks to all for their professional care.

|  B. Ryan  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

thanks to all who made my experience going there such a positive one. Its so nice going to a placewhere the staff are very helpful. And Dr. Lavrich is on top of her game.Greatful to all

|  Crystalens success  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Judy Lavrich has been our family doctor for the past 25 years. Her expertise is unsurpassed. She is dedicated, compassionate and easy to understand. I recently had cataract surgery, hoping to be a candidate for the new crystalens implant. I received my new crystalens and cannot believe the difference, clarity and ease in the post op care. I will be scheduled for my second eye very soon and have complete confidence in Dr. Judy Lavrich's skill. She is a top doc in my view. I hope this new lens will eventually be approved for insurance purposes. Thank you Dr. Lavrich and your team.Larry Goldstein

Jan 31st, 2012

I have been a patient of another eye doctor for a number of years.I was refered to Dr. Lavrich,after expressing unhappiness with my treatment elsewhere.Dr. Lavrich quickly and efficiently diagnosed a number of problems ,which if left unchecked would have led to serious eye problems in the future.The level of attention I am now getting is ,in my opinion,unsurpassed.I am ,after just two months,already experiencing much better eye comfort.I unhesitatingly recommend Dr Lavrich as a caring ,attentive professional.

|  Exceptional  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I felt comfortable, not hurried, and received a thorough and comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis.

|  dr. judith lavrich,md  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

dr. lavrich makes you feel comfortable. She prepares you before anything happens. She is well informed and knows what she is doing. Makes you feel very special. She is concerned about her patients.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

My family as been seeing Dr. Lavrich for the past couple of years. She has diagnosed both my young daughter and myself with eye issues that no other professional had before. Her ability to see what others can't is uncanny. Dr. Lavrich is a take charge, no nonsense doctor who gives you the advice you need to improve. If anyone who I cared about needed to see an Opthamologist, I would send them to her.

Nov 11th, 2011

Dr. Lavrich was very personable. I felt like we were old friends. She and her staff took the time out to make sure my 2 years-old and I were comfortable with our visit on 11/11/11.Great job Doctor........

Nov 8th, 2011

As a patient and grandmother I have seen Dr. Lavrich with both adults and children over the last seventeen years, she has never changed She is kind, bright, and sensitive to all needs. I trust and respect her.

|  Testimonial  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

This letter of testimony is long overdue! Let me first provide compliments to both you and your staff at the Levittown and Newtown Offices for their professional, courteous and discreet service. When a person has enjoyed let's say a pleasant look throughout their life, when the years begin to add up, the skin is the first to show signs of aging. I've been a proponent of Botox treatments since 2004. I began treatment with another area physician (dermatologist), who is successful in his practice and offered Botox and Laser Peel treatments. I remained a patient for almost two years, and while the Botox administration was adequate and did improve the repetitive expression lines that develop over time, my skin was not healthy, even after receiving what was called "surface peels" for a period of almost 12 months! It's interesting how "word of mouth" advertising truly is the most efficient and confident communication that exists. I became aware of Total Eye Care and you services via my 90 year old grandmother who is a patient for her cataracts and dry eyes. Upon visiting your Newtown office one day to accompany her to an appointment, I utilized my waiting time to read some of the literature concerning skin care, etc. I decided to make an appointment for a skin consultation at that time, and, I admit I was skeptical of the old sales line of "new and improved", "best product on the market today", etc. I had always used plain soap and water on my face as I suffered from oily skin and blemishes. After my thorough consultation and personal evaluation of my type of skin, I was convinced to begin with the Obagi Products and all I can say is a huge WOW! This product is truly revolutionary in treating your skin from the inside out. I've been a patient now for well over two years and I cannot promote this product any better than with this e-mail. My skin is youthful once again, pigmentation is even and bright. In addition to the products I recently opted for lid surgery, restylane and juvederm. I've also seen the absolutely amazing results of laser peels...who needs a face lift, when these products and procedures are available? I enjoy my rejuvenated look (I'm 49 years old and many people state I don't look a day over 35...Hey, I'll take it!)If you are a potential patient contemplating changing your skin care habits or a surgical candidate, take it from a real skeptic...go for it. Dr. Lavrich is an excellent surgeon and skin care professional. The support staff is knowledgeable, kind and professional. You just cant lose. Respectfully, D. D.

|  The better to see you  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

extremely happy with my eye lid surgery with dr. lavrich. a friend took one look at me and said "look at you not much swelling or bruising" your doctor did a much better job than my doctor. you look wonderful. in fact you look fifteen years younger-can't get any better than that. thank you dr. lavrich

|  Dr, Lavrich, Total Eye Care Center  |  show details
by Wendyanne Miller on Jun 23rd, 2011

My son has bifinitis and had to have surgery to remove styes from his eyes. He was in and out and healed within 24 hours. I highly recommend her.

|  best of the best  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Lavrich for many years, both for my eyes and for my cosmetic facial procedures. Dr Lavrich and her staff have always been extremely professional and courteous and have helped me through some uncertain and difficult procedures. I would recommend Dr. Lavrich and her staff wholeheartedly, and I know the opthalmology community!

Jun 21st, 2011

The most thorough eye exam I have ever had. She found problems that I didn't know I had. Repaired everything in a very courteous and professional manner. Follow-up was also thorough. Actually she could be considered one of the good hands people.

|  Great Experience!  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

I had Dr. Lavrich install a Chrystallens in my right eye to correct a cataract. There was a bit of a complication with my pupil symmetry after the surgery that led to a strange glare problem at night but it was corrected within a few months. Since then, I can see things I never saw before like birds, bricks, and signs way off in the distance. My nightime vision and reading is also pretty good. Now if only I can get the floaters corrected, that would be icing on the cake. My only complaint is in the accuracy of the name of the "waiting" room in which you defineitly will!FYI - I'm a 50ish male 6' tall, 235 lbs. in decent shape (for not exercising much these days).Dr. Lavrich made me see better and she herself is easy on the eyes!

|  She Saved my daughter's Life.  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

Dr.Lavrich -Saw my daughter for 45 minutes and suggested for MRI and what she doubted was right and she took care and made all the arrangements at CHOP for Emergency and saved our lives.She sees all the time. Many experts saw her and they left with a note its the way she is going to live with.She tries harder to make the things better and miracles are happening.. and previous doctors who saw her were surprised with her progress."GOD to US"

|  Smart,friendly,caring angel  |  show details
by Gouri Ray on Aug 25th, 2010

Apart from curing my eye problem through a critical eye surgery of both eyes Dr. Lavrich is smart,professional,friendly and caring. She did miracle in me. I rccomand this doctor to everyone.

Oct 27th, 2008

Warning - Total Eye Care Center misleads prospective patients with bait and switch advertising. The difference in the price quoted on the phone in response to the ad and the actual price on the day of services was nearly THREE TIMES HIGHER than the quote. The prices are actually DOUBLE and TRIPLE what they tell you in advertising and on the phone. When I politely told them of my dis-satisfaction, they did not seem to care and did not do anything to try to save a customer or make a right on THEIR wrong. Here is my experience I responded to a mailing with my Sunday paper that stated $10 per unit special pricing for Botox for ONE DAY only. Since this was the first time I was looking into Botox I didn't know anything about how it worked, etc. I contacted the number and spoke with the marketing coordinator. I asked her how many units for a typical area and she stated 7-10 units - which would be $70-$100. On the day of the procedure, and after the 30 second injection, I got a bill for $250 - MORE THAN THREE TIMES THE COST QUOTED. I have had cosmetic procedures in the past and all reputable doctors will explain pricing to you ahead of time - but I did NOT have that same experience with Dr. Judith Lavrich at Total Eye Care Center in Newtown, PA. After the fact, she stated that it is not her responsibility to explain cost/finances with the patients. The only person to give me a price before stated $70-$100 yet I received a bill for $250. Also, as far as the procedure itself - she tried to talk me into other filler injections for $800-$1600. Then she proceeded to point out other areas and try to sell me on those areas as well as well as try to sell me creams and lotions. Dr. Judith Lavrich took several before pictures as she stated she was not happy with the way it looked. She contiually asked me to scrunch up my face and make sad angry expressions (to make the area look worse than it was). I am sure in after pictures they do not ask you to scrunch up your face like that. I contacted the office to tell them of my dis-satisfaction and the coordinator quickly responded to my calls, however, even though she admitted fault in giving incorrect pricing, she said there was nothing she could do. I spoke with Dr. Lavrich who was just plain rude on the phone and refused to do anything to right her wrong basically stating that it is not her responsibility to go over cost/finances. However, the only person that did go over costs with me quoted me $70-$100. The special one day pricing is NOT a special at all. In calling other places that provide botox, the average cost for one area is $179. I paid MORE for their "special one day pricing". It is now 5 days later and the area that she injected looks exactly the same - no improvement, although my wallet is now missing $250. To be fair, they did say results will be seen in a couple days, but it takes 2 weeks to show the full results. At this point, I can still move the area and it looks exactly the same - no improvement at all. I will update again in 2 weeks.