Dermatologists
Grosse Pointe Dermatology Associates
18050 Mack Ave
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
313-886-2600
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  show details
Feb 19th, 2013

The two doctors in this office could not be more different. Dr. Lipinski seemed to take some pleasure in punching out a chunk of my skin (in a very sensitive area) - with no warning as to the pain I would experience. Generally, I prefer a doctor of my own gender for private matters, but I'd see Dr. Balle over Dr. Lipinski any day.

|  show details
Nov 25th, 2011

I came to her office to have a specialized allergy test. After the 4 day test she recommended something for me that was known to have something in it that I was allergic to. She knew this and still recommended it to me saying "I am allergic to this and still use this cream" (this I was told after the damage had already been done) Two years and still suffering from the side effects of putting this moisturizer on my face one time. Then when I came into question her was not helpful at all!

|  Pleasant informative visit  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

Professional office, great doctor

|  Pharmaceutical Representative  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2009

Dr. Lipinski incorrectly biopsied a rash called Dermatitis Herpetiformis - a rash that is SPECIFIC to patients with celiac disease (gluten intolerance). She biopsied ON the rash instead of NEXT to the rash - as 25 years of literature instructs. Her incompetency robbed me of a definitive diagnosis of celiac disease since I went gluten-free and my rash has not recurred. Blood work was positive for celiac disease but my hematologist wanted a biopsy confirmation so I could avoid an upper endoscopy since I have a bleeding disorder. Also - endoscopies are MUCH more expensive! Dr. Lipinski's bedside manner was that of a drill sergeant - bossy, condescending and cold. The office failed me once before by failing to erradicate facial warts on my child. After researching - I insisted on a prescription for Retin-A gel and got rid of them myself AFTER they put my child through painful - repetive - unsuccessful nitrous oxide (freezing) therapy. Basically - go somewhere else!!