Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Love Dr. Simoni!!  |  show details
by Jen S. on Jan 15th, 2014

I am a patient of Dr. Simoni, and of Sharon. I have been coming to the office know for 4 months, and through the care of Dr. Simoni, and Sharon’s wonderful facials, I can say that I feel pretty for the first time ever. I have battled with adult acne for several years, and I finally decided that seeing a dermatologist was going to be worth whatever money I had to spend. At first it was a struggle, the antibiotics, creams, lotions, injections; yikes! AND to top it all off, my skin got worse a month in! I was so disappointed and sad! However, Dr. Simoni encouraged me to keep with the regime she had carefully planned for me. During month 3 I saw a HUGE improvement. It was like everything finally starting working. I started seeing a huge improvement with my pores, my large acne cleared up, and I even had compliments from people closest to me. People said my skin was glowing! WHAT! I have never heard had that word associated with my skin, EVER! Month 4 is going even better than that….

|  RN  |  show details
by Sam on Sep 20th, 2013

Judith Romero may have graduated from Harvard but book smarts doesn't get you very far if you have no personality. She was always late to my appointments by an hour or more and canceled on me twice. Once she finally made it into the room she spent a whole two minutes with me and didn't even have the decency to say goodbye as she left the room. Its very discouraging going to a doctor who doesn't seem to care about you. I will be going to a Dermatologist who is worth my time and truly cares about me.

|  recommend  |  show details
by Susan on Jul 16th, 2013

I love this office. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I am very happy with my doctors and have recommended my family and friends.

|  Excellent derm  |  show details
by Carol W on May 18th, 2013

Wonderful, thoughtful doctor. Really takes care of your and spends the time to understand your needs. Would recommend her to all my friends.

Apr 30th, 2013

I was misdiagnosed twice by Dr Romero - same condition - 2 different appointments - two different diagnosis and barely looked at my skin. Immediately recommended getting acne facials even though what I have didnt end up being acne and was pushing their skincare products. Finally got the proper diagnosis on my third try in their office after seeing the other doctor.

|  Very Dissatisfied!  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

My son and I both saw Dr. Romero for an exam. Being my day off from work I also had to bring with me my 3 year old. I got the impression from Dr. Romero that she was bothered by my 3yr old. He is very active and overall a good boy. Her assistant was negative when I asked if she could also check a mole for me. She said I didn't schedule an appointment for moles and made a negative expresion. Her office called me to come in half hour early because they had some cancellations. I didn't think it would be a problem to check my mole since we were early! I felt that Dr. Romero rushed to get in and out and didn't communicate with me very well. At the end she gave my little one a sticker and told him he was lucky to get one because he was not the one with an appointment! As a parent and a patient I was very offended by her unprofessionalism. I will defenetely not come back to her office again!

|  all fluff no stuff  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Staff is so-so. Wait time is so-so. Generous providing beauty drugs, potions, and procedures to foo-foo you up. Deficient in providing medical care to fix you up.

Oct 28th, 2011

Be careful about visiting Dr. Romero. Like many other dermatologists, she tries to push you toward expensive treatments. She pushed me to get a facial and told me my insurance would pay for it. When my insurance didn't pay, she told me it was my responsibility to check with my insurer, eventhough she told me it would not be a problem.

|  Friendly and warm doctor  |  show details
by Victoria of calabasas on Sep 21st, 2011

I question the reviews that some people have posted here. We started going to Dr. Romero because our friend had recommended her and we have not been disapointed. The office is warm and friendly and we get great medical advice. I highly recommend Dr. Romero

|  great doctor  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

I called with a bleeding mole and they got me in right away. The doctor was pleasant, the staff was friendly and i even had my spot removed the same day. The doctor said she would could me in a week with results and she did. She also advised that i get a total skin check and she spotted a suspicious lesion that i did not know i had. She is very thorough!!

|  Very unethical!!!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

I came in her office for a very simple problem: acne. She immediately told me that I need a facial and my insurance will pay for it. My insurance did not cover for facial but her staff gave me a facial anyway. Two weeks later, she sent me the bill. Very unethical!!!

|  Disappointed in visit  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

I researched on line to find a well qualified dermatologist to help my daughter with 2 issues. When Dr. Romero first entered the room, she advised us right off that she would only take care of one issue and we would have to make another appointment for our other question. She would not even LOOK at the one mole my daughter was concerned about.

|  Don't expect your questions to be answered!  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

I went to Judith Romero with an issue, which led to other questions that was of concern to me. She flat out told me that she could only answer "TWO" questions ONLY! She does not care about me, or what was of concern to me. She only cares that she sees as many patients as possible so she can pay for her luxury items. I will never go back to her. She is a perfect example of a superficial, self-conceited person only looking to stuff her wallet with constant flow of patients in and out of her office. If you want to know who gives doctors a bad name, go see her.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2010

I question if some of these review are from actual patients of Dr. Romero, She is very kind, extremly smart and take the time to answer all of my questions. I had a bad rash that would come and go and I had been to 3 other doctors, Dr. Romero was able to get me the proper treatments to control the rash whenever it come back. She is also very good with my kids acne.

Sep 3rd, 2010

Our first visit, the esthetician didn't show up for my appoitment and my daughter's service was cut short by 10 minutes. On my second visit, I waited 45 minutes for my appointment to see Dr. Romero. I finally just left. Dr. Romero is well educated but her practice is run very poorly.

Jul 1st, 2010

I like Dr. Romero...she's very kind, caring and has a good beside manner.

|  Very impatient, barely gives you 5 min!  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

The appts are scheduled for 15 min, yet it is a struggle to get even 5 min. It's true that she yells at you if you come in with more than 1 or 2 skin issues, which is not fair, since 15 min should give a patient plenty of time to go through their questions/issues. As busy people, we can't schedule an appt for every little issue. I always feel unsatisfied and I have asked friends for referrals for other dermatologists b/c I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen. Also, sometimes she doesn't fully listen to you. The office does seem like they only want money, which is why they schedule so many pts per day. She seems to be skilled with her hands and her office has some good, well-priced products.

|  Dr A Ebtahaj  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2010

As a physician myself I can honestly say I have not been so disappointed with this practice and physician. I visit Dr Romero on occasion and found her to be pleasant but what was disappointing to me was her persistency to rush and not take the time to spend explaining information and patient contact. I felt I was being consulted by her nursing team rather than herself. In addition I found her office staff/nursing team to be very rude. I have now decided to leave Dr J Romero and am delighted to be with a professional now.

|  What a great dermatolgist  |  show details
by Carol Fletcher on Mar 16th, 2010

I am an actual patient of Dr. Romero. Her office is very nice and comfortable, theb staff seems well trained. I wanted a female doctor that i felt comfortable with and am glad I found Dr. Romero. You have the comfort of knowing that she was educated by our best schools, Columbia and Harvard and she really knows what sjhe is doing. I just wanted a total skin exam and she found a pre-cancer on my back that i did not know was there. I have just signed up to do the IPL laser on my face and i did have to ask about doing it. No one including the doctor push me or sold me on the treatment. I highly reccomend Dr. Romero's office.

|  Love her!  |  show details
by Veronica of Oxnard on Nov 13th, 2009

I have chronic skin conditions and Dr. Romero has been great in treating them. The longest I've had to wait to see her was 10 minutes -- and that was because it was the first appointment after a lunch hour.She's treated me several times -- and I did have bad experiences with a dermatologist in Camarillo. She was also the first dermatologist to sucessfully remove a wart from my husband's hand that several doctors could not remove in nearly 10 years' time. Her staff is great! Whenever you have to have a treatment with a knife, needle or chemical blast, they play soothing music and give you a little squeeze toy to get you through it.

|  My acne actually got worse  |  show details
by acnehater on Sep 2nd, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr. Romero's for some time now and my acne has actually gotten worse. its difficult to get her time too.

Aug 26th, 2009

I went in for a bump on my nose concerned whether it was an abnormal growth or not. I showed her the bump as it was hard to see because it wasn't discolored, just raised a bit. She said it was nothing to be concerned with but would freeze it off. She froze the wrong spot!! When she was freezing it, I couldn't tell the specific spot she was burning because the air was blasting over my entire nose. When I got home I realized a blister was forming over an inch away from the spot that I showed her. I called the office 3 times and was never called back by Dr. Romero herself. She not only never rectified the situation, she had the nerve to bill me for it. All she sees is dollars and cents and does not really listen to the patient.

|  It's all about the money!  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2009

She is the worst doctor that I've ever seen. She will only handle 1 skin issue per appointment, and don't count on receiving any attention from her. Her goal is to see as many patients as possible in a given day, even if it means that you have to wait an hour, and your time with her is just a few minutes.