Dermatologist (skin)

A true artist show details A true artist
by Allison on Jul 20th, 2016

I've been going talk to Dr. Romero for over four years. I've received Botox injections on many occasions. She always gives me a natural look. She is very skilled and I trust her judgment completely.

From Beautiful to Cute show details From Beautiful to Cute
by Jane B. on Apr 28th, 2016

As a young mother, I used to enjoy catching my image in a mirror. I was even called “beautiful” on occasion. Years later, as a grandmother, I started avoiding mirrors thinking there was something wrong with their reflection. Who put all those wrinkles on my face? I felt like the wrinkled witch of the San Fernando Valley. Then an acquaintance introduced me to Dr. Romero’s office and her anti-wrinkle procedures. My youthfulness began. She showed me that, without an expensive facelift, I could diminish my facial expression lines with her medically formulated anti-aging products, IPL, Botox, Radiess and last, but definitely not least, her wondrous Volumina. I now wear a visor to protect my new face from the sun’s harmful rays, use tinted sunscreen religiously and am often called “cute.” Not too bad for a 71 year-old grandmother of two! Dr. Romero is my hero!

Apr 25th, 2016

Dr. Azita Simoni is a very good dermatologist. She is very efficient with her time and yours. She can diagnose your problems fast and suggest solutions. She appreciates when the patient listens to her treatment suggestions and comes back for follow up. Otherwise, her treatments are useless if she cannot determine if they actually work. From my experience, just because I assumed everything was okay and I didn't follow up with my previous doctor, the skin issue on my nose came back. She recommends full body skin exams, which is something I often forget about. Often being in the sun, with sunscreen, visor, sun glasses is still not enough and her expert opinion on the overall condition of your body is very important. Bring your children, because they may listen better to expert opinion than to their moms. Mine wear sunscreen, but half the time I run after my daughter spraying her BODY before she plays tennis. She appreciates loyal patients. I appreciate being appreciated as a patient and feel very comfortable in that office.

by Nancy on Mar 3rd, 2016

Liked Dr. Romero right from the beginning. I felt she was very knowledgeable and very easy to discuss things with. Because Dr. Romero was totally booked one time, I decided to try Dr. Simoni. I found Dr. Simoni to be the same high caliber as Dr Romero. I have complete confidence in both physicians. Jen, the office manager, is friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Eileen R on Feb 12th, 2016

We have been seeing Dr. Romero and the entire staff for over 10 years. I feel I have always received exceptional care from Dr. Romero. Skin cancer runs in my family, and Dr. Romero’s examinations give me piece of mind. My children have seen Dr. Simoni and Andrea for acne and both are excellent. Stella and Gen are also wonderful, I have many friends who now go there because I can only say positive things about my experience over the years.

by Karen P. on Feb 11th, 2016

I've been seeing Andrea Bechtel since 2011 for Botox and Juvaderm. She is very skilled at both. I can honestly say she has never overdone any treatment. I can't even talk her into adding a little more here or there if she thinks it will look unnatural. She is very gentle with the needle and has a calming demeanor. If you've ever considered either treatment, I highly recommend you try Andrea. I've been going to her for five years and wouldn't consider trying anyone else.

great friendly service show details great friendly service
by Robin Waterman on Feb 8th, 2016

From the moment you walk in, you feel like you are cared for.the entire staff is helpful and friendly. Dr. Romero is great and so is Dr. Simoni. I highly recommend this group.

Dr. Romero show details Dr. Romero
by Dianne Sandberg on Feb 8th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Romero for many years now. I feel very comfortable and confident in her ability to manage my health. I love the employees in the office. They are very accommodating when it comes to scheduling, Very professional and sweet people. I will always refer my friends and family to them.

Very Caring Doctor show details Very Caring Doctor
by Ellen Lacey on Feb 7th, 2016

The entire staff and Dr. Romero and very caring and efficient. Thanks you Dr. Romero

Caring staff show details Caring staff
Feb 6th, 2016

Great office and caring staff. Thank you or the skin care help.

by Zandra on Feb 3rd, 2016

I have been going to this office for over 5 years, and I recommended all my friends to this office. From the minute you arrive they make you feel so welcomed. Their level of care and attention is definitely 5 Star rating!!

Professional show details Professional
by Teri on Feb 3rd, 2016

Dr. Romero has a great bedside manner. She's quick to get through the uncomfortable (embarrassing) exams but thorough and takes time to listen and explain. Her staff is professional, efficient and knowledgable about different insurance policies.

Wonderful doctors! show details Wonderful doctors!
by Blake G on Feb 2nd, 2016

I have been visiting Dr. Romero's office for several years. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. Their services are amazing. Dr. Romero and Andrea have done a wonderful job with the treatments I have received and always answer any questions/concerns I have. I highly recommend this office for any skin care needs, whether it is medical or cosmetic!

Nov 24th, 2015

I love Dr. Romero; however, I saw Dr. Simoni over the summer because I was concerned about many of my moles and I was very disappointed. They were oddly shaped and several family members and friends had mentioned I should get them looked at. I expressed my concern to Dr. Simoni and she barely looked at my moles and was not at all thorough and told me that they were ok because all of my moles are weirdly shaped. I was slightly confused by this answer because never was I told that oddly shaped moles were acceptable. I saw another dermatologist because Dr. Romero was too full and this doctor saw two moles she did not like and several more she wanted to monitor over time. Both of two moles were biopsied and they both came back as atypical, one of which was severely atypical and as she described "on its way to becoming a melanoma." I have since then had them completely removed. I was very disappointed that Dr. Simoni was so careless and neglected my concerns. I had two atypical moles that could have been dangerous and she did a poor job examining this.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The doctors at Dermatology & Cosmetic Care pride themselves in offering the best in today’s skincare. We do have three board-certified dermatologists working in the office. We regret that you did not get the level of service that you had experienced with Dr. Romero from Dr. Simoni. Dr. Simoni is an excellent physician and provides skin cancer screenings which involve examining the skin and removing moles or other growths for pathology when needed. I would like to reach out to you personally regarding your visit. Thank you, Brian Rackohn Business manager.

I used to have acne show details I used to have acne
by Jacob R on Apr 20th, 2015

When i started to go to Dermatology & Cosmetic Care I did not like my skin and that caused me to suffer. After being treated by Dr. Romero with a skin care regime and regular acne cleanings my skin has never looked better. Thank you Dr. Romero

Love dr romero show details Love dr romero
by Christy l on Mar 17th, 2015

Dr Romero is a wonderful doctor. After 3 months my skin has never looked so good. Thanks

Feb 26th, 2015

Best doctor I have ever been too.

Love Dr. Simoni!! show details Love Dr. Simoni!!
by Jen S. on Jan 15th, 2014

I am a patient of Dr. Simoni, and of Sharon. I have been coming to the office know for 4 months, and through the care of Dr. Simoni, and Sharon’s wonderful facials, I can say that I feel pretty for the first time ever. I have battled with adult acne for several years, and I finally decided that seeing a dermatologist was going to be worth whatever money I had to spend. At first it was a struggle, the antibiotics, creams, lotions, injections; yikes! AND to top it all off, my skin got worse a month in! I was so disappointed and sad! However, Dr. Simoni encouraged me to keep with the regime she had carefully planned for me. During month 3 I saw a HUGE improvement. It was like everything finally starting working. I started seeing a huge improvement with my pores, my large acne cleared up, and I even had compliments from people closest to me. People said my skin was glowing! WHAT! I have never heard had that word associated with my skin, EVER! Month 4 is going even better than that….

recommend show details recommend
by Susan on Jul 16th, 2013

I love this office. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I am very happy with my doctors and have recommended my family and friends.

Excellent derm show details Excellent derm
by Carol W on May 18th, 2013

Wonderful, thoughtful doctor. Really takes care of your and spends the time to understand your needs. Would recommend her to all my friends.

Very Dissatisfied! show details Very Dissatisfied!
Nov 13th, 2012

My son and I both saw Dr. Romero for an exam. Being my day off from work I also had to bring with me my 3 year old. I got the impression from Dr. Romero that she was bothered by my 3yr old. He is very active and overall a good boy. Her assistant was negative when I asked if she could also check a mole for me. She said I didn't schedule an appointment for moles and made a negative expresion. Her office called me to come in half hour early because they had some cancellations. I didn't think it would be a problem to check my mole since we were early! I felt that Dr. Romero rushed to get in and out and didn't communicate with me very well. At the end she gave my little one a sticker and told him he was lucky to get one because he was not the one with an appointment! As a parent and a patient I was very offended by her unprofessionalism. I will defenetely not come back to her office again!

all fluff no stuff show details all fluff no stuff
Nov 2nd, 2011

Staff is so-so. Wait time is so-so. Generous providing beauty drugs, potions, and procedures to foo-foo you up. Deficient in providing medical care to fix you up.

Oct 28th, 2011

Be careful about visiting Dr. Romero. Like many other dermatologists, she tries to push you toward expensive treatments. She pushed me to get a facial and told me my insurance would pay for it. When my insurance didn't pay, she told me it was my responsibility to check with my insurer, eventhough she told me it would not be a problem.

Friendly and warm doctor show details Friendly and warm doctor
by Victoria of calabasas on Sep 21st, 2011

I question the reviews that some people have posted here. We started going to Dr. Romero because our friend had recommended her and we have not been disapointed. The office is warm and friendly and we get great medical advice. I highly recommend Dr. Romero

great doctor show details great doctor
Sep 19th, 2011

I called with a bleeding mole and they got me in right away. The doctor was pleasant, the staff was friendly and i even had my spot removed the same day. The doctor said she would could me in a week with results and she did. She also advised that i get a total skin check and she spotted a suspicious lesion that i did not know i had. She is very thorough!!

Very unethical!!! show details Very unethical!!!
Apr 13th, 2011

I came in her office for a very simple problem: acne. She immediately told me that I need a facial and my insurance will pay for it. My insurance did not cover for facial but her staff gave me a facial anyway. Two weeks later, she sent me the bill. Very unethical!!!

Disappointed in visit show details Disappointed in visit
Nov 22nd, 2010

I researched on line to find a well qualified dermatologist to help my daughter with 2 issues. When Dr. Romero first entered the room, she advised us right off that she would only take care of one issue and we would have to make another appointment for our other question. She would not even LOOK at the one mole my daughter was concerned about.

Don't expect your questions to be answered! show details Don't expect your questions to be answered!
Nov 19th, 2010

I went to Judith Romero with an issue, which led to other questions that was of concern to me. She flat out told me that she could only answer "TWO" questions ONLY! She does not care about me, or what was of concern to me. She only cares that she sees as many patients as possible so she can pay for her luxury items. I will never go back to her. She is a perfect example of a superficial, self-conceited person only looking to stuff her wallet with constant flow of patients in and out of her office. If you want to know who gives doctors a bad name, go see her.

The Best Doctor show details The Best Doctor
Oct 30th, 2010

I question if some of these review are from actual patients of Dr. Romero, She is very kind, extremly smart and take the time to answer all of my questions. I had a bad rash that would come and go and I had been to 3 other doctors, Dr. Romero was able to get me the proper treatments to control the rash whenever it come back. She is also very good with my kids acne.

Sep 3rd, 2010

Our first visit, the esthetician didn't show up for my appoitment and my daughter's service was cut short by 10 minutes. On my second visit, I waited 45 minutes for my appointment to see Dr. Romero. I finally just left. Dr. Romero is well educated but her practice is run very poorly.

Jul 1st, 2010

I like Dr. Romero...she's very kind, caring and has a good beside manner.

Very impatient, barely gives you 5 min! show details Very impatient, barely gives you 5 min!
Jun 1st, 2010

The appts are scheduled for 15 min, yet it is a struggle to get even 5 min. It's true that she yells at you if you come in with more than 1 or 2 skin issues, which is not fair, since 15 min should give a patient plenty of time to go through their questions/issues. As busy people, we can't schedule an appt for every little issue. I always feel unsatisfied and I have asked friends for referrals for other dermatologists b/c I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen. Also, sometimes she doesn't fully listen to you. The office does seem like they only want money, which is why they schedule so many pts per day. She seems to be skilled with her hands and her office has some good, well-priced products.

Dr A Ebtahaj show details Dr A Ebtahaj
Apr 26th, 2010

As a physician myself I can honestly say I have not been so disappointed with this practice and physician. I visit Dr Romero on occasion and found her to be pleasant but what was disappointing to me was her persistency to rush and not take the time to spend explaining information and patient contact. I felt I was being consulted by her nursing team rather than herself. In addition I found her office staff/nursing team to be very rude. I have now decided to leave Dr J Romero and am delighted to be with a professional now.

What a great dermatolgist show details What a great dermatolgist
by Carol Fletcher on Mar 16th, 2010

I am an actual patient of Dr. Romero. Her office is very nice and comfortable, theb staff seems well trained. I wanted a female doctor that i felt comfortable with and am glad I found Dr. Romero. You have the comfort of knowing that she was educated by our best schools, Columbia and Harvard and she really knows what sjhe is doing. I just wanted a total skin exam and she found a pre-cancer on my back that i did not know was there. I have just signed up to do the IPL laser on my face and i did have to ask about doing it. No one including the doctor push me or sold me on the treatment. I highly reccomend Dr. Romero's office.

Love her! show details Love her!
by Veronica of Oxnard on Nov 13th, 2009

I have chronic skin conditions and Dr. Romero has been great in treating them. The longest I've had to wait to see her was 10 minutes -- and that was because it was the first appointment after a lunch hour.She's treated me several times -- and I did have bad experiences with a dermatologist in Camarillo. She was also the first dermatologist to sucessfully remove a wart from my husband's hand that several doctors could not remove in nearly 10 years' time. Her staff is great! Whenever you have to have a treatment with a knife, needle or chemical blast, they play soothing music and give you a little squeeze toy to get you through it.

My acne actually got worse show details My acne actually got worse
by acnehater on Sep 2nd, 2009

I've been a patient of Dr. Romero's for some time now and my acne has actually gotten worse. its difficult to get her time too.

Aug 26th, 2009

I went in for a bump on my nose concerned whether it was an abnormal growth or not. I showed her the bump as it was hard to see because it wasn't discolored, just raised a bit. She said it was nothing to be concerned with but would freeze it off. She froze the wrong spot!! When she was freezing it, I couldn't tell the specific spot she was burning because the air was blasting over my entire nose. When I got home I realized a blister was forming over an inch away from the spot that I showed her. I called the office 3 times and was never called back by Dr. Romero herself. She not only never rectified the situation, she had the nerve to bill me for it. All she sees is dollars and cents and does not really listen to the patient.

It's all about the money! show details It's all about the money!
Aug 4th, 2009

She is the worst doctor that I've ever seen. She will only handle 1 skin issue per appointment, and don't count on receiving any attention from her. Her goal is to see as many patients as possible in a given day, even if it means that you have to wait an hour, and your time with her is just a few minutes.