Dr. Judith Whitcomb MD Patient Reviews

• 6 reviews

June 29th, 2016
Very Disappointed
I called to make a new patient appointment for followup care after Breast Cancer (we just moved mother up after treatment). Doctor was highly recommended. I spoke to Jennie and it was like I was putting her out. Was very rude and told me to have records sent from Oregon Doctor I let her know we had all the records. I was told they needed to be sent directly to office. I asked after they received them would I be notified. Was told no I would have to keep calling and then it would be decided if she would be seen or not. There was no help with information and absolutely no compassion. I am sure the Doctor is as good as I was told. My recommendation came from a Pathologist at Providence. Shame that your first point of contact was this. I hung up and thought about how the call went and decided my family deserves better treatment. Proceeded to call Dr. Sandford and wow a wonderful experience. Made me an appointment asked for records to be dropped off and a release signed just in case they needed additional information. Was told Doctor would review all records before appointment. First impressions are huge especially when you need a professional to take care of a loved one who has gone thru treatment not once but twice and has been uprooted and moved to Alaska so that family can take care of them.

August 11th, 2015
Great help in tough times
Both my wife and I have been Dr. Whitcomb's patients. She is known as the best breast surgeon in Anchorage. Judith deals with the serious subjects of cancer in surgery with equal doses of knowledge, analysis, and lightheartedness.

December 18th, 2014
Everything about Dr. Whitcomb and her staff is way above excellent. Care is superb.

January 21st, 2013
Okay, so she isn't always prompt - expect a bit of a delay, even with an appointment. The reason is because she's thorough and cares for the whole patient to include emotional needs. I cannot get upset about sitting 20 mins longer when the woman with breast cancer, who went into the office crying, comes out with a smile and a new sense of hope. Dr. Whitcomb has a fabulous sense of humor and great bedside manner. I have been seen for 4 hours for a regular office visit. It took me 7 doctors to find her, and she was the first of those to finally diagnose me. WONDERFUL DOCTOR AND FRIEND!

November 15th, 2012
Dr Whitcomb is an excellent physician and surgeon. She is thorough and professional while treating patients as individuals. Her attention to detail and her desire to do her best during each office visit and surgery is obvious.

August 17th, 2012
I would highly recommend Judith Whitcomb for a surgeon. She treated my breast cancer and I have now been a survivor for 8 years. She is one of many Doctors I have seen and she exceeds all of the other Doctors by far. You may wait for past your appointment time, but rest assured she will spend as much time with you. She is fantastic, I would choose her for any other surgeries I would need.