inactive

Judson W Karlen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 12th, 2015
Good

October 23rd, 2013
Phenomenal Surgeon!
I would like to say that Dr. Karlen is an absolutely phenomenal surgeon. He just performed spinal fusion surgery on my son, who had a 75% curvature. Dr. Karlen has literally changed my son's life and I cannot be more thankful. Everything about our interactions with Dr. Karlen and his staff was above and beyond what one would expect and I would recommend him a million times over. I don't think that there is a better surgeon around and if you are someone looking for an orthopedic surgeon, then you have found the best in Dr. Karlen.

August 11th, 2011
Competent but lacking bedside manner
We see Dr. Karlen for our baby's hip dysplasia. While I am sure Dr. Karlen is very competent, he doesn't have the best bed side manner. When we mentioned that we were trying to save money by getting xrays and ultrasounds done where it was much cheaper (not at the hospital), and wanted to see a Doctor that would be coming to our area, he seemed offended. He eluded to us not caring about the condition and the best thing to do was to continue seeing him in PHX. I was offended - of course we want what is best for our baby. We found out from his staff that getting the xrays/ultrasounds at a location other than the hospital was perfectly fine and no big deal. We never could see a Doctor in our area for this condition, and continued making the drive for the minute we would see the Doctor, which is fine, just expensive. Overall we think he treated the condition just fine, he just isn't very personable.

July 18th, 2011
Doesn't connect with kids. Fails to explain the diagnosis with parents.

February 12th, 2011
Dr.karlen was a great doctor to fix my problem. i highly recommend him to anyone.