Dr. Xiao-Ke Gao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

January 29th, 2014
Good doctor
Judging from other reviews, I guess you love her or hate her. We love her. She solved a neurological problem for my two kids, relieving the suffering of one of them 90%. She spoke directly to them, listened to what they had to say, not just to us, the parents. She made sure all four of us understood what to do and the prognosis. Her treatment plan so far is much simpler and much more effective than some top names that we have seen. We went to the Flushing office, which seemed clean. Since her practice largely focuses on another culture, we did not expect perfect English or the same particular sensitivities from the staff that we might get elsewhere, but we were treated well. She took our insurance also, which most other specialists in our problem do not do.

August 2nd, 2013
Terrible- look for new doc!
Very rude and did not take time to listen or explain. TERRRIBLE. I felt worse after seeing her.

July 11th, 2013
One of the best
Dr Gao spent quite a bit of time with me and I felt she listened, cared and was very thorough with her exam. I never felt rushed nor was she in any way dismissive. The treatment plan she gave me worked wonders and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend her.

March 12th, 2013
Worst Doctor in My Life
First - I waited almost 40 minutes for the doctor to see me. Second - The nurse they had there did not speak English, and the room that she was taking my vitals looked like a supply closet. She did my vision test hold a card of those letters from like a few feet away. The worst part - This doctor must have the worst bed side manner I have ever witnessed in my life. She was cold, and spent maybe 5 minutes with me. She didn't even know I was on medication even though I listed it on my intake documents. I started listing some symptoms and she rudely interrupted me and said "I DON'T DO THAT" She recommended a test for me, and as we were WALKING OUT THE DOOR she decides to ask me if I get enough sleep. Without even letting me finish talking, she stated I guess from her crappy degree that I wouldn't be able to pay attention and would feel fatigued if I didn't sleep. NO DUH!! Did I need her to tell me this? Her front desk staff was friendly, but I will never, ever come back to see this doctor. THE WORST. If I could give her negative stars I would.

April 8th, 2012
Rude
very rude

March 10th, 2012
Dr. Gao is all about money.
This office is super busy. Waited a long time. She is a neurologist, who operates a physical therapy practice? She does knee injections, has terrible nurses that do iv's. What kind of an office is this? They do painful massages, FOOT massages, and the people there hardly speak english.

March 8th, 2012
Mixed feelings
So i went to this doctor several years ago,,,she was very helpful when i was experiencing dizziness, pain from neck, shoulder, numbness in fingertips, and nerve pain down my arm...she also was very helpful when sending me to their Monroe office for massage,,,the accupuncturist is really great, massage is great, the place smells and is dirty,,,dusty,,,my sinuses always get irritated when i go there,,,however recently i was really having bad pain in my lower, and i told her that i had previuosly been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and herniated disks and that i wanted updated MRI's for the lower back,,,mind you i work fulltime, am a social worker, and have NO plans on stopping work, so i simply want relief from the back pain,,she has been helpful in natural ways for pain relief, but was not very helpful when i asked for a recent MRI,,and she suggested spinal decompression which scared me without a recent MRI..i just can not understand,,i have seen her for years, like her very much,,,and I have always found my visits with her helpful,,and the PT,definetely relieved my pain,,,temporarily...i was not given strength training though,,,and my recent concerns were not addressed so i had to refer myself to another physician for a second opinion...(Spine Specialist)

December 9th, 2011
SHE IS HORRIBLE

July 31st, 2011
Experienced a 2-3 min. visit w dr. gao. She either lacks linguistic skills or she has poor etiquette. Be wary of the medical staff, especially when getting a massage. Those that give the massage hide behind the drawn curtain & pretend to massage by pressing up & down on one spot or they lean down on the back w their arm.

June 18th, 2011
Poor bedside manner and doesnot look at the big picture -- i.e. family history.

May 11th, 2011
Worst doctor ever
I have never experienced such horrible treatment by a doctor. She lacks bedside manner, is unprofessional, and clearly has forgotten that she's there to tend to patients. She is a sad excuse for a medical professional and should have her license revoked.

December 9th, 2010
Dr Gao is Horrible
You will spend an hour waiting and being shuffled to different waiting rooms and then once you see the doctor she will rush you out within five minutes. They overbook every single day because she only cares about money, not patients. Go to another doctor.