Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Truly a Specialist  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

Since my original doctor knew my problem was over his head and my condition was steadily worsening, I was referred to Dr. Steimnitz, who is 1 of only 2 doctors within driving distance of my home (1+ hours)specializing in my disorder. I know of another patient who drives all the way from Sacramento to see him. Since Dr. Steimnitz is in very high demand, and very much sought after for his expertise, I expected to be treated more like a number, with little attention to me as a human being, but I found him to be kind, considerate and very reassuring that I could get better. His immediate referrals to other specialists proved a godsend as my pain has been reduced significantly. He expects me to do my part by reading recommended books and become "an expert" in my own right since this is a permanent condition that will continue to require a lot of proactive effort on my part. Once, I called him with an important question in the afternoon and, despite having a booked schedule, called me at 6:15 or so that evening, as soon as things calmed down and personally provided the info. I desperately needed. He is very reassuring and his years of experience are evident. Since it's a couple months between appts. I was also surprised that he remembered all the little nuances of our first conversation (and I talked a lot). I rate him as both professional and a good medical practitioner who knows how to relieve pain and makes every effort to do whatever he can for his patients. I am in good hands - finally!