Dr. Julia Flowers MD Patient Reviews

• 28 reviews

December 20th, 2016
She is intelligent, funny and smart. One of the best physicians I have had. Responded to all my concerns and ran test to ensure I was well. She has been my physician since 2004. I trust her.

March 30th, 2016
I agree with some of the other reviews based on my experience with Dr. Flowers. I went to her when I was pregnant with my first child. She was friendly at the first appointment and I was super excited that I really thought I had connected with her and was going to have a personalized experience. When my next few prenatal appointments rolled around things seemed different. She wasn't very informative and I felt rushed. I didn't have any problem with the staff as they all seemed relatively helpful. Once my water broke and it was time for baby it took hours before I even saw her at the hospital. I labored for 12.5 hours and my dilation stalled. No complications with the baby just long labor. It was 7:00pm and she had only been in 2 times to check dilation for a max of 5 min per visit. When she came in the last time she told me she would suggest a c-section. I was young and didn't realize it was better to have waited for a natural birth since the baby wasn't showing any form of complications during my extended labor. I just felt kind of forced and she wasn't even going to wait on my husband to return from downstairs before sending me off for surgery! Luckily he caught us just in time as they were rolling me out the door. Then the entire surgery she was talking about the Dallas Cowboy Game that had just ended. I didn't feel important at all and that personalized experience I had hoped for had been thrown to the wind. I wished I would have stood my ground and refused the c-section rather than let her hurry me up and end her shift. I wasn't happy at all and wouldn't recommend her or use her again.

March 21st, 2016
Dr. Flowers has delivered both of my kids and I have been seeing her since 2007. Even after I moved to South Arlington I still wouldn't use anyone else but her to deliver my babies. If there are more I guarantee she will be the one delivering them too. nit once in the almost 10 years I have been going to her have I ever experienced anything negative. Some of these reviews honestly make me mad. if you want to use Dr. Flowers meet her first and don't form your opinions based on these reviews. You could be missing out on an amazing OB just because someone who isn't ever going to have anything nice to say no matter who the Dr. is. Dr. Flowers was great with both my births and both times followed my plan just as I wanted. She changed it when I asked or it needed to be and did what she could to make it go how I wanted. Her staff is just as friendly as any other Drs office I have ever visited and never once have I thought the office/ restrooms were dirty or unsanitary. Yes it's hard to get an appointment because she's so booked up. Do you think if she was so awful her schedule would be so full?

February 23rd, 2016
Great doctor. I am so glad she delivered both of my babies. There is not another doctor I would have trusted as much as her.

January 19th, 2016
Patient
Wow! I am truly shocked by these reviews! I have been a patient of Dr. Flower since 2007 and I have never experienced this kind of treatment! She is kind, as well as her staff, and very knowledgeable. I went to her because SHE delivers her patients babies, NOT someone else in the practice! I have had two children delivered by her, and not one problem!! She can run behind and it is usually do to the fact that she has an emergency with one of her pregnant patients. Yes it can be frustrating, but if I were the one in need I'm glad she's the one there.

November 18th, 2015
Terrible
I wanted Dr. Flowers as my ob/gyn as I was impressed with her background, training and education. I was trying to get pregnant with my second and received a very faint positive sign on my home pregnancy test. I was also having a lot of pain at the time and made an appointment to be seen. When I spoke to the nurse she said there was no way I could be pregnant based on my lmp and that my home pregnancy test must have been defective. They did an ultrasound and said the pain must have been from cysts. She said there is no baby in your uterus and told me to go home and take an Advil for the pain. They also drew blood which came back negative for pregnancy, which I would expect since it would have bee so early. I left the office shaking at the way that woman treated me. I didn't feel right and two days later went to a different OB as over the weekend subsequent pregnancy tests still showed positive with the line becoming darker. Sure enough, I was indeed pregnant. This was confirmed by my new OB, Dr. New doing bloodworm two days later. I called Dr. Flower's office to tell them I was pregnant and the nurse said my pregnancy was probably chemical and would end, that pregnancies that are picked up so quickly by a HPT don't usually last. What a terrible thing to say. I'll never forget it. Boy was she wrong. I have a healthy and thriving baby boy. Would not recommend Dr. Flowers or her staff!

September 17th, 2015
Horrible experience
She is on average 1.5 hours behind, her nurse and clinical staff are very rude and always frustrated, bathrooms are dirty and unsanitary, Dr. Flowers is a good physician and I wish she would focus on her staff more being her reflection.

April 8th, 2015
Staff is so rude!!

February 18th, 2015
Clinical Assistant
I would not recommend DR. FLOWERS to ANYONE!!!! With that being said... I go to have my yearly exam Feb (2015)... Let me start off by saying Deja Vu is what I felt. Exactly what happened to me last year happened to me once again this year! So I go to check in and keep in mind I show up Early to my appointment!!! To Only find out I didn't have an appointment or that the receptionist couldn't find me on their schedule. When I personally had called the day before and spoke with a CJ one of their Staff members to confirm my appointment and she specifically confirmed it with the time and day. CJ admittedly told the receptionist when I was there that yes I had called the day before to confirm. And some how it got changed to the following month. Even though CJ admitted to the receptionist they still wouldn't see me or try to accommodate me. The receptionist was trying to be understanding, trying to still have me be seen and expressing to the other person on the other side of the phone that I was upset and that something similar had happened to me last year while waiting in the waiting area my appointment had to be cancelled because Dr. Flowers had to leave. I never had my yearly exam last year because Dr. Flowers was NEVER available or when I would schedule my appointment I'd then receive a call later to only have my appointment cancelled because she had to leave or whatever excuse was given to me. And at that They still wouldn't hear the receptionist out they just keep saying no to her and that Dr. Flowers could not see me that she had to be gone by noon when my appointment was at 8:30 am and AGAIN I WAS THERE ON TIME and Actually BEFORE TIME!!! Why couldn't they just not see me or try to at least accommodate me. For whatever reason IDK. I left out of there VERY UPSET at 8:34 am still early enough to be seen! I will NOT LET THEM DO THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!! I do not know how Dr. Flowers even keeps her patients that she does have. I am in the Medical Field as well and this WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE at OUR OFFICE what so ever!!!!

January 15th, 2015
Do not use this dr, she is uneducated and should not have a license!

December 1st, 2013
Bad doctor
She seems nice and friendly when you first meet her. But then, as your pregnancy goes on, you find she skimps on a lot. Then when you express concerns, she snaps and becomes very angry. She does not come through when needed. She causes a lot of stress with her anger and nastiness just when you need her most.

August 11th, 2012
Horrible doctor, fake
She pretends to care about you while having her nurse do the dirty work of being mean and nasty. But, if something goes wrong, or you disagree with her, she shows her true colors. She will walk on you, as a patient, if something goes wrong, leaving you stuck finding another doctor, even in the middle of labor. She makes no attempts to fix her mistakes. She does not even seem to try to not make the mistakes in the first place. She is like a siren. She pulls you in thinking she is so sweet. But then you get to know her, and her lack of medical ability, and it is awful.