Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Mar 30th, 2016

I agree with some of the other reviews based on my experience with Dr. Flowers. I went to her when I was pregnant with my first child. She was friendly at the first appointment and I was super excited that I really thought I had connected with her and was going to have a personalized experience. When my next few prenatal appointments rolled around things seemed different. She wasn't very informative and I felt rushed. I didn't have any problem with the staff as they all seemed relatively helpful. Once my water broke and it was time for baby it took hours before I even saw her at the hospital. I labored for 12.5 hours and my dilation stalled. No complications with the baby just long labor. It was 7:00pm and she had only been in 2 times to check dilation for a max of 5 min per visit. When she came in the last time she told me she would suggest a c-section. I was young and didn't realize it was better to have waited for a natural birth since the baby wasn't showing any form of complications during my extended labor. I just felt kind of forced and she wasn't even going to wait on my husband to return from downstairs before sending me off for surgery! Luckily he caught us just in time as they were rolling me out the door. Then the entire surgery she was talking about the Dallas Cowboy Game that had just ended. I didn't feel important at all and that personalized experience I had hoped for had been thrown to the wind. I wished I would have stood my ground and refused the c-section rather than let her hurry me up and end her shift. I wasn't happy at all and wouldn't recommend her or use her again.

Mar 21st, 2016

Dr. Flowers has delivered both of my kids and I have been seeing her since 2007. Even after I moved to South Arlington I still wouldn't use anyone else but her to deliver my babies. If there are more I guarantee she will be the one delivering them too. nit once in the almost 10 years I have been going to her have I ever experienced anything negative. Some of these reviews honestly make me mad. if you want to use Dr. Flowers meet her first and don't form your opinions based on these reviews. You could be missing out on an amazing OB just because someone who isn't ever going to have anything nice to say no matter who the Dr. is. Dr. Flowers was great with both my births and both times followed my plan just as I wanted. She changed it when I asked or it needed to be and did what she could to make it go how I wanted. Her staff is just as friendly as any other Drs office I have ever visited and never once have I thought the office/ restrooms were dirty or unsanitary. Yes it's hard to get an appointment because she's so booked up. Do you think if she was so awful her schedule would be so full?

Feb 23rd, 2016

Great doctor. I am so glad she delivered both of my babies. There is not another doctor I would have trusted as much as her.

Patient show details Patient
by Kelly Kichan on Jan 19th, 2016

Wow! I am truly shocked by these reviews! I have been a patient of Dr. Flower since 2007 and I have never experienced this kind of treatment! She is kind, as well as her staff, and very knowledgeable. I went to her because SHE delivers her patients babies, NOT someone else in the practice! I have had two children delivered by her, and not one problem!! She can run behind and it is usually do to the fact that she has an emergency with one of her pregnant patients. Yes it can be frustrating, but if I were the one in need I'm glad she's the one there.

Terrible show details Terrible
by Gina on Nov 18th, 2015

I wanted Dr. Flowers as my ob/gyn as I was impressed with her background, training and education. I was trying to get pregnant with my second and received a very faint positive sign on my home pregnancy test. I was also having a lot of pain at the time and made an appointment to be seen. When I spoke to the nurse she said there was no way I could be pregnant based on my lmp and that my home pregnancy test must have been defective. They did an ultrasound and said the pain must have been from cysts. She said there is no baby in your uterus and told me to go home and take an Advil for the pain. They also drew blood which came back negative for pregnancy, which I would expect since it would have bee so early. I left the office shaking at the way that woman treated me. I didn't feel right and two days later went to a different OB as over the weekend subsequent pregnancy tests still showed positive with the line becoming darker. Sure enough, I was indeed pregnant. This was confirmed by my new OB, Dr. New doing bloodworm two days later. I called Dr. Flower's office to tell them I was pregnant and the nurse said my pregnancy was probably chemical and would end, that pregnancies that are picked up so quickly by a HPT don't usually last. What a terrible thing to say. I'll never forget it. Boy was she wrong. I have a healthy and thriving baby boy. Would not recommend Dr. Flowers or her staff!

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
Sep 17th, 2015

She is on average 1.5 hours behind, her nurse and clinical staff are very rude and always frustrated, bathrooms are dirty and unsanitary, Dr. Flowers is a good physician and I wish she would focus on her staff more being her reflection.

Apr 8th, 2015

Staff is so rude!!

Clinical Assistant show details Clinical Assistant
by Jessica A on Feb 18th, 2015

I would not recommend DR. FLOWERS to ANYONE!!!! With that being said... I go to have my yearly exam Feb (2015)... Let me start off by saying Deja Vu is what I felt. Exactly what happened to me last year happened to me once again this year! So I go to check in and keep in mind I show up Early to my appointment!!! To Only find out I didn't have an appointment or that the receptionist couldn't find me on their schedule. When I personally had called the day before and spoke with a CJ one of their Staff members to confirm my appointment and she specifically confirmed it with the time and day. CJ admittedly told the receptionist when I was there that yes I had called the day before to confirm. And some how it got changed to the following month. Even though CJ admitted to the receptionist they still wouldn't see me or try to accommodate me. The receptionist was trying to be understanding, trying to still have me be seen and expressing to the other person on the other side of the phone that I was upset and that something similar had happened to me last year while waiting in the waiting area my appointment had to be cancelled because Dr. Flowers had to leave. I never had my yearly exam last year because Dr. Flowers was NEVER available or when I would schedule my appointment I'd then receive a call later to only have my appointment cancelled because she had to leave or whatever excuse was given to me. And at that They still wouldn't hear the receptionist out they just keep saying no to her and that Dr. Flowers could not see me that she had to be gone by noon when my appointment was at 8:30 am and AGAIN I WAS THERE ON TIME and Actually BEFORE TIME!!! Why couldn't they just not see me or try to at least accommodate me. For whatever reason IDK. I left out of there VERY UPSET at 8:34 am still early enough to be seen! I will NOT LET THEM DO THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!! I do not know how Dr. Flowers even keeps her patients that she does have. I am in the Medical Field as well and this WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTABLE at OUR OFFICE what so ever!!!!

Jan 15th, 2015

Do not use this dr, she is uneducated and should not have a license!

Bad doctor show details Bad doctor
by Tabitha T on Dec 1st, 2013

She seems nice and friendly when you first meet her. But then, as your pregnancy goes on, you find she skimps on a lot. Then when you express concerns, she snaps and becomes very angry. She does not come through when needed. She causes a lot of stress with her anger and nastiness just when you need her most.

Horrible doctor, fake show details Horrible doctor, fake
Aug 11th, 2012

She pretends to care about you while having her nurse do the dirty work of being mean and nasty. But, if something goes wrong, or you disagree with her, she shows her true colors. She will walk on you, as a patient, if something goes wrong, leaving you stuck finding another doctor, even in the middle of labor. She makes no attempts to fix her mistakes. She does not even seem to try to not make the mistakes in the first place. She is like a siren. She pulls you in thinking she is so sweet. But then you get to know her, and her lack of medical ability, and it is awful.

Awful show details Awful
Jul 12th, 2012

Was impressed by Dr. Flowers' education and training. Tried tomake an appointment and she was booked for a while. Finallygot in. The front desk staff is awful! Waited over an hour to be calledin and another hour to be seen. Her nurse is terrible and hasan awful scratchy voice and terrible bedside manner. I can't go on and on so let's leave it at I've switched OB' s and would not recommend Dr. Flowers to anyone.

Excellent show details Excellent
Mar 27th, 2012

The experience I had in Dr. Flower's office was excellent. The people at the desk were helpful and I left satisfied that everything was done professionally and with genuine concern.

Aug 12th, 2011

Found that she is possibly very knowledgeable but does not appear to spend enough time with me. She always seems rushed. Her assistant (?) Chris is quite brusque in talking to patients, and walks into the exam room without knocking - happened a few days ago during my visit while I was changing out of my clothes. Front desk staff are not very professional and not very polite either.

Love her show details Love her
Jun 14th, 2011

Really cannot fault her, just wish I found her sooner.

Never had time/ didn't seem interested show details Never had time/ didn't seem interested
May 5th, 2011

I was originally very impressed with her background and reviews I found on the Internet. However, I should have known better when my first appointment I literally waited for hours to only spend less than 10 minutes with her. Every appointment I had throughout my pregnancy was that way. Wait for ever, see the nurse, sit in an exam room for a anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to see her for 5 minutes tops. She was very nice and made me feel good about my pregnancy but everything felt rushed. My delivery was the same. Rushed to be induced, start drugs etc and it inevitably led to a c-section that I second guess daily whether it was really needed or not. If you choose this doctor just know that you are a number and although her time is so valuable that she cant spend it with you, she doesn't respect your time at all and isn't really that interested in your delivery.

Sep 10th, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Flowers to pregnant women wishing to have natural deliveries.

Almost Died show details Almost Died
Apr 27th, 2010

I was 2 days away from being 41 weeks when I woke up with a horrible pain in my right rib area. I called the on call doc and he said goto emergency room but I didn't listen and went to l&d instead. It was a Sunday afternoon the weekend before Thanksgiving and she came to my rescue on her day off... I had a very rare issue called HELLPS Syndrome and I almost died but momy and baby are healthy to date... I was having a miscarriage and my doc would not see me and she met me at the office on her day off and took great care of me and as a new patient with in an hour... I love her...

Awful, run, don't walk away show details Awful, run, don't walk away
Apr 12th, 2010

She is vry two faced and unqualified. You get sucked in because to your face, she seems nice. But even when in labor and delivery, I left my room for something and overheard her trashing on a patient whose baby has just been born still and refusing to go to the room to talk to the patient. I heard from people who work at the hospital she delivers at that she is definitely two face and has a serious dark side. For me, she completely missed a serious complication. Unfortunately, I have heard of other people who had this happen too. There are too many doctors out there to chose from. Don't get sucked in by her fake demeanor.

I WOULD move back to Texas just to have her deliver my next Child show details I WOULD move back to Texas just to have her deliver my next Child
Mar 12th, 2010

One of the Best Doctors I have ever seen. One of the Best staffs. Baylor Grapevine is her hospital affiliation. I had a WONDERFUL experience delivering my baby.

Great Doctor! The Best! show details Great Doctor! The Best!
Mar 3rd, 2010

As a first time mother, I cannot begin to express how wonderful Dr. Flowers and her staff made my pregnancy and childbirth experience. She is thoughtful and listens to all of her patient's concerns. She asks good questions and makes you feel at ease. She is accepting of your wishes in the labor and delivery room as long as they do not put the child or mother at risk. She is always professional, but she is also kind. We are delighted that our baby was born with help from Dr. Flowers!

She is a wonderful doctor show details She is a wonderful doctor
Feb 4th, 2010

Dr. Flowers is a great listener, makes you feel like she is never rushed and soothing as she explains things. Her staff really operates BY THE RULES and they do not really have a customer service skills. It is hard to get appointments even for yearly exams.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Chrissy on Nov 30th, 2009

I switched doctors after having a bad experience and Dr. Flowers was a great replacement! She helped me get through a botched DNC from the previous doctor and then on with my delivery of my new baby. She is super smart and very kind. I had complications with my delivery and she was right there on top of things making sure everything went perfect. I would recommend her to anyone who has high risk. You do have to wait a while but I just looked at it as you have to wait for the good doctors b/c everyone wants them.

Jun 2nd, 2009

Dr. Flowers is one of the best doctors I have ever had. The only problem is because she is so good at her profession, you have to wait at least a year or so to get an appointment if you are a new patient. After her office heard my medical issues, I was afforded an appointment almost instantly. I would like for my daughter to be seen by her but she would have had to wait approximately two years.She is intelligent, caring, smart and knowledgeable. I wish I had her for my physician years ago.

Completely satisifed with 3 deliveries show details Completely satisifed with 3 deliveries
May 27th, 2009

Dr Flowers has been my doctor since 2001 and I couldn't have asked for more. She delivered all 3 of my boys (2003, 2006 & 2009) and provided a bedside manner which can't be topped. I had to see another doctor once while she was out on maternity leave and knew at that moment why she was the best doctor in the practice! She delivers all of her patients babies and really allowed me to determine my birth plan. I successfully delivered 3 boys vaginally (no c-section) and diligently watched my pregnancies when issues arised. She's the best!

Too busy show details Too busy
Feb 5th, 2009

Many of my friends see Dr. Flowers and I am not sure why. She is very nice, but they usually have to wait over an hour to be seen and they are forced to reschedule their appointments all the time. She seems too busy. All of my friends have also had C-sections - not sure why? Seems like alot.

Thorough, caring, would recommend. show details Thorough, caring, would recommend.
Aug 14th, 2008

Have had bad experiences with her office staff, but the care that she and her nursing staff provide is great. Also, she works in a practice with three other doctors - not a positive experience with her "back up" physician, nothing that compares to the level of care and bedside manner she provides. I've always felt that if she had her own practice and her own front office staff...might be a better overall experience.