Dr. Julia Irwin Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Julia Irwin?

Not satisfied

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

There is so much that needs to be worked on at this doctors office, from the rude front desk Lisa, the PA Dona that's not nice at all, she def. doesn't make you feel comfortable, I don't think she even knows how to smile, in a doctors office like this you should feel welcomed, seeing how it's hard to be there period for the reasons we all have to go there, but you don't feel welcomed or calm and they don't try to help with that in any way. Ideal with anxiety daily I don't need that office and everything about it making it worse, I have never not left there upset, they rush you in rush you out even if your crying and spilling your heart out, oops we've made it past 5 minutes time for you to go, we need your money and I will refill your scripts, out out....next! Dr. Irwin is nice and calming but she pretty much shoves everyone off to the PA or the others, and then it's just down hill, I've seen them all and its not fun, I don't like change so I have stayed there and it's been many many years, but I'm not happy at all, looking for a new doctor, maybe someone, if I could just get someone friendly that would be great. I get it they have tons of patients, I'm not the only one, but it shouldn't matter, your a doctor that chose this field we are all more fragile therefore we should be treated as so! patients shouldn't have to dread going in to your office because the know it's going to be a negative experience all around! I'm going to leave it at that!! I would not recommend!

Lindsay

Posted on September 17th, 2017

Poor

vet

Posted on October 28th, 2016

Irwin believes lies of office manager.

Posted on August 19th, 2016

Office manager Teresa ruined 17 years of my Tim with Donna, the PA. Dr. Irwin hires poorly trained and ignorant staff. If you disagree with Tesesa she will LIE to Doctor Irwin, and Doctor Irwin will throw away years of work just to appease this poor excuse of a manager. Stay away. Find a real professional.

Avoid this dr!!!!

Posted on March 13th, 2016

I would rate her lower than 1 star if possible. Her negligence, dismissive attitude, unprofessionalism and treatment plan (or lack thereof, technically) DIRECTLY CONTRIBUTED TO MY MOTHER'S SUICIDE.

Finally Saw The Truth

Posted on November 25th, 2015

I began seeing Dr. Irwin in 2009. She has a very calming presence whereas her P.A. Donna does not. In 2013 I changed therapists and my new therapists informed me she didn't like Dr. Irwin & gave her reasons. This didn't change my view of Dr. Irwin although she had already broken HIPAA laws by discussing a clients condition with the client and her father at the doorway of the waiting room. What finally woke me up was this past May I went in for my usual 10 minute med. check and Dr. Irwin was already 20 minutes behind. I had had a very disturbing depressed episode that caused me to need to leave work the week before. I felt my medication was no longer working as effectively as it should. I was in her office maybe 5 minutes and not given the opportunity to tell her this information before she told me she would renew my meds and to have a nice day. Changed Dr.'s and found that I have a deficiency in Vitamin D, B12, and Folic Acid. My med wasn't the problem at all.

Posted on June 3rd, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Irwin for 3 years. During that time I was placed on many different antidepressants without being slowly transitioned from one to the other. I had anxiety and was prescribed Xanax not realizing how addictive it is. During all this time I believed in Dr. Irwin although my family did not. As I continued to get worse instead of better I finally ended up so depressed I couldn't get out of bed. My husband took me to see her for help ...... All she told us for our $100 that day was "there is nothing I can do for you". No recommendation of another physician or anything. Never was there a follow up phone call or email to check on me.... Nothing! I would never recommend her to anyone. I also hope that this post will maybe help someone going to her to seek another physician and that it will keep others from going to her. I would never wish the issues I ended up going through on any one. There are Good psychiatrists out there that can help. I found a great one. It's been a year and a half now and I am finally getting back to myself. Please do not opt to use Dr Irwin.

Posted on September 5th, 2014

Dr. Irwin and her PA, Donna Bowers are anything but professional. Find another doctor if you really want to get the help you need.

Not impressed

Posted on August 20th, 2013

This doctor started seeing my dad in the hospital. Once he got out he only saw her PA until luckily his daughters went in and showed the duffle bag full of meds that had her name on them. My dad was over prescribed way to many meds and at way to high of a dose. He was still driving while on the meds and was lucky that he did not wreck and hurt himself or someone else. After that visit I thought we were making head way. The dr took on my dad with no more visits to the PA. She started reducing the meds he was on, as you can not just quit cold turkey. But all she has done since our visit is gradually start pushing back up the meds. She isn't trying to get to the root of the problem, she is just medicating! And she is medicating someone that spends more time in bed than he does out of bed. I am highly disgusted and in shock of the lack of appropriate care from this dr. I should have known better when the Dr. asked me to throw away all the meds that were the wrong prescriptions. But I have kept all that I can just in case. I wouldn't recommend this office.

DO NOT GO!!!!!

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

The staff is not very helpful not to mention the receptionist that likes to cut off people and be rude!!!! On top of that Dr. Irwin tries to ask what meds I take and I'm thinking your the doc you should know. I had given them the paperwork stating the meds I take. They pretty much just want your money they don't give a crap about you. WASTE OF MY TIME!! If you notice not much people are in the waiting room because this place sucks! Hope this helps anyone have a good day ;)

Posted on August 28th, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Irwin for her professionalism and caring.

Posted on August 7th, 2012

The office staff are very unprofessional. For a psychiatrist office, the staff needs some counseling in office etiquette or therapy. I would not recommend this office to anyone!If you or someone needs help, seek elsewhere. Your health and pocket book may be in jeopardy!