Dr. Julia Johansson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 17th, 2015
Very impatient and unprofessional
My experience with Dr. Johannson was very unprofessional. We had discussed in detail her views on many things during my prenatal apointments leading up to my delivery. The way she responded and treated my family during delivery was unacceptable. She was in such a rush to get things over with. She demonstrates absolutely no patience. She broke my water without my consent after I told her not to. She was angry and loud. She was very aggressive with my baby. My little girl had deep scratches on the top of my head from dr. Johansson. She was horrible during delivery from start to finish. Think twice about having her be your doctor.

October 13th, 2015
Large co-pay......waste of money
Dr Johansson was so abrupt and impersonal, that this was the worst medical visit I have had. Although there did not appear to be any patients waiting to see her, she seemed so rushed that I didn't feel I could ask questions. She wanted to schedule me for a medical procedure that had nothing to do with my visit. I paid a large co-payment for this appointment, and feel that I have been taken advantage of, and will now need to see another doctor for my issue.

January 31st, 2015
Went to this Dr because a family member liked her I also wanted a female Dr. Labor and delivery was bad she let me push for 3 hrs with the hospital staff then decided to show up an said my baby was to big and if assisted delivery didn't work we would do an emergency c section. Well she got the baby out alright after Bracing herself with her foot on my bed babies head was bright red . Never wanted another child after that experience. Many years later I got the courage to have another baby definitely wanted a male Dr an he was amazing!!!!!! I can't thank him enough.

December 31st, 2014
AwEsome

June 15th, 2014
Called her 3 days in a row with unusual symptoms, to which I was informed was totally normal by her. Went into labor three months early...

March 3rd, 2014
Do not use!!
Do not use this dr!!! She is awful and will make your life worse off. I had her do a D&C and she perforated my uterus and then sent me home. I ended up in the ER and hospitalized overnight. She was in a hurry to get things done and because of it, I suffered the consequences. DO NOT use her!

September 21st, 2013
I am not usually one to write a review...But I feel my life has been literally changed because of the care I received from Dr. Johansson. I was referred to her to have a D&C following a missed miscarriage. When I went in for a follow up to the surgery she told me my lab work indicated a partial molar pregnancy...do you know what that is? Neither did I! But, when I asked about it she brushed me off and told me to go to WebMD for a good summary!!!!!WHAT!?! As if I wasn't devastated enough to begin with now I felt completely alone in making the best decision going forward. Now, lets fast forward 2 years after the birth of my baby...A portion of my placenta didn't deliver, which was likely due to scarring from the D&C Dr. Johansson had preformed. This resulted in an infection a second D&C and ultimately my fertility. I will never be able to carry another child of my own based on the rushed and incomplete care I received from Dr. Johansson and others. This of course is only one experience...but it is a significant one. Do your research, and pick a care provider VERY carefully.

August 21st, 2013
Great!
Dr. Johansson has been my Dr. for about 9 years. She is great! She is very good at what she does; which comes at a price, she has to be quick. She has tons of patients! I have had two C-sections that Julia performed; she is amazing in this area. I can't imagine anyone else doing it. If you need lots of handholding someone else might be better for you; she just does not have the time to do that. With any Dr. especially busy ones you have to really make them hear you if you think you have a serious problem. Even the very top Dr.'s just can't catch everything; I do consider Dr. Johansson to be a top Dr.!

July 8th, 2013
Negligent
I almost died because she didn't catch blood clots that I had, even after I kept telling her that the swelling wasn't normal and that I knew something was wrong. She ignored all of my concerns, was in and out quickly every single appointment and didn't follow up on me ONCE after the baby was born (I had 3 different doctors that I didn't even know come in for my follow ups in the hospital). Find a different doctor, it could save you and your babies life!

February 5th, 2013
First allow me to state that I have type 1 Diabetes and have had this disease since I was about a year old, so I have been in and out of doctor's office's since a very young age. Which also means that my pregnancy had slight worries from the beginning. I however never worried for the safety of my child or myself under Dr. Johansson's care. Every time I went to an appointment she would address what was going on and if she felt it was outside of her realm or someone else would have a better understanding she would tell me. She is the type of doctor who lets you know how it is and what needs to be done. She's a straightforward doctor who let's you know how it is. There is no 'well let's try this' in her office it is 'this is what's going to be done'. She won't hold your hand and baby step you through every aspect of your pregnancy and being the highest doctor in demand for pregnancy at the circle of life women's center it's understandable. She's the type of doctor that if you have questions you ask them and she answers and then she goes onto the next person. Yet at the same time when you loose the baby two weeks before the due date and you are distraught and numb, she cares. She'll sit at the end of your bed going over everything that happened, that could have happened, that did happen, trying to help you through your loss, even if it is her day off. And after you give birth to that stillborn child you can hear the sorrow and sadness for you in her voice as she leave the room telling you how sorry she is because there was nothing anyone could have done. Fact of the matter Dr. Johansson is my doctor for my visits and for my future children's births. I highly recommend her to anyone without any hesitation. Just remember if you don't want to hear how it is or what you need to be doing then maybe you should see someone else.

September 17th, 2012
Very Impersonal
Dr. Johansson spent maybe 8 minutes with me for my first prenatal visit. That included my pap smear. The ultrasound was maybe one minute, and we got to listen to the baby's heart for about 3 seconds. I wasn't impressed. She seemed hasty and rushed. I felt like a number. I never received any news back about my blood work. Also, after requesting some anti-nausea medicine, the prescription was never called into my Pharmacy. I wasn't able to get my prescription until four days later because of the delay. All in all, the experience was very impersonal and rushed. I would not recommend this doctor nor clinic to anyone.

May 5th, 2012
always in a hurry
It seems like she is always in a hurry with her patients and doesnt really talk to them, or you feel like she just wants to get it over with to move onto the next patient.