inactive

Julia Kaplun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 24th, 2016
former patient
Number of years ago, I was a patient of Dr. Kaplun for a short period of time. My thyroid was overactive. She recommended to destroy my thyroid with radioactive iodine, within a month or so of medication treatment, saying that I had almost no chance of recovery. She was not a good listener, and did not seam knowlegable. I found different doctor. Now I've been well for several years. I'm glad I left Dr. Kaplun.

June 3rd, 2016
Heard she's a great Dr, but couldn't get past the office staff to see her :(
I have been struggling for some time with the answers and lack of help from my current endocrinologist. Someone had told me Dr. Kaplun was wonderful, however her office is about a full hour from my home. I at my wits end called Dr. Kaplun's office on a Wednesday. The first thing I asked the receptionist when she answered the phone was "Does Dr. Kaplun just look at the TSH levels or does she examine the whole picture?" The receptionist confirmed that Dr. Kaplun was very thorough and really takes her time to figure out whats going on with a patient. I thought THIS IS THE DOCTOR FOR ME - FINALLY MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED. I said "OK I need an appointment" The receptionist at the time said "We actually have a cancellation tomorrow at 10:00AM, we'll call it an emergency appointment" (Wednesday's tomorrow is Thursday). I wrote everything the receptionist said down, time, what I needed to bring and detailed instructions, because she stated GPS would not get me there. I was very excited to go to this doctor, I didn't want to mess anything up. I got off the phone with Dr. Kaplun's office and proceeded to attempt to get my records from my current Doctor sent over. After a couple of calls and some messages left at my current doctors office it was the end of the day and the receptionist from Dr. Kaplun's office called me and said she was also having trouble reaching my doctors office for the records. She had the wrong telephone number, which she thought she got from me; but I was sure I was clear I had given her the correct number (but I didn't care, all I cared about was getting into the right doctor). I took off from work Thursday morning to go to my new doctors appointment, traveled an hour there and when I walked in the door the receptionist says "Can I help you?" so I said "Yes I have a 10:00 appointment with Dr. Kaplun". She then says "Dr. Kaplun isn't here on Thursdays" My heart sank :(. She looked in her computer and said "Your appointment is Friday". I was just so upset, angry, sad, confused I walked out! On my hour car ride home I cried the entire way and then I left a message about how I know that I had heard the first receptionist tell me the appointment was "Tomorrow, not Friday". I stated in my message that they could call me back if they wanted. As a thyroid patient you are continuously made to feel like you are wrong or crazy or being paranoid if your lab work shows the doctor you are fine, this is the reason I was attempting to see Dr. Kaplun in the first place. I wanted someone who would help me with the whole picture. Dr. Kapluns Office Manager called me back and said "You asked for a return call?' I explained to her how upset I was that all I was looking for was help and that what happened to me was not right. SHE DIDN'T CARE! All she wanted to tell me was that the first receptionist (Who was really nice, don't get me wrong) had been there a great many years and mistakes like wrong appointment days and times just didn't happen there, she went so far as to state I had given the receptionist the wrong telephone number to my current doctors office. NO APOLOGY or even so much as a comforting word from her. SO ONCE AGAIN I THE THYROID PATIENT IS THE CRAZY ONE! So although Dr. Kaplun is probably a very good doctor, I myself was unable to get past her unkind OFFICE MANAGER to see her :(. I was already at a very fragile stage and this just pushed me over the edge. You need a hard shell to get in to this office

August 11th, 2015
The Best
I have refer everyone I know who needs an endocrinologist to Dr. Kaplun. She is incredibly responsive to her patient's needs with both her knowledge and compassion. You do not feel like a number with her. In addition Dr. Kaplan does not hesitate to call with results of tests even on her days off. She is a true gem in this age of factory like medicine.

January 9th, 2014
GREAT DOCTOR!
If you have to go to a Endocrinologist, Dr. Kaplun is who you should go to! She is very caring and compassionate! Even if something doesn't have anything to do with Endocrinology and you had a procedure or test done and she knew about it, she would call you! I don't usually write good reviews, only bad reviews so I can tell people who they will have to deal with so that's why I didn't write sooner! I have to tell you This Dr.> Dr. Kaplun is so caring which you don't get too often! Nice too! She is so nice that I feel like I just want to make an appointment with her just for no reason! She is GREAT!

April 25th, 2013
After getting bloodwork back from my primary doctor and being very upset and anxious with the results, Dr. Kaplun took me in for an appointment the very next day as a new patient! Other offices I called couldn't get in me for 2-3 months as a new patient which is ridiculous. Her office staff was very friendly to me. Dr. Kaplun spent a great deal of time with me going over my condition and making me feel at ease. She called on a Saturday morning to go over my lab results instead of making me wait anxiously over the weekend. She assured me that if I had any questions or concerns between then and my next scheduled appointment that i could contact her or pop by the office. She really went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable! She is great.

January 25th, 2011
love dr. kaplun
A truly compassionate doctor that cares about you. My favorite doctor yet.

November 9th, 2009
Dr. Kaplun is lovely, easy-going and reassuring. She does not keep a patient waiting; overall, just a delight!