Dr. Julia Macrae MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Newark, DE

July 24th, 2015
She helped me with my condition HS (Hidradenitis Suppurativa) when other doctors that were considered some of the best in the area had given up and said I was no longer operable. She was able to add about 8 years of quality life without the need of a walker or other supportive aids like I was using. She is very kind, thorough, and gives you realistic expectations. She doesn't just tell you want to hear and then you end up with less than desirable outcome after been given high hopes or expectations. I have been to many surgeons over the years for this condition. I have even gone to ones that are raved about in medical journals and magazines. Those doctors weren't half the doctor she is. She takes a special interest in all her patients. I found her accidentally. I was actually going in looking for another doctor, but she was the best thing that could have happened to my life at the time. When you are facing a life time of disabling pain and feeling like there is no hope and even the best doctors can't and won't help you any longer because you are too sick, finding her was the best thing that happened to my life. Eight years may not sound like a lot to many, but when you are faced with zero years of quality and are given 8 yrs, that was like a miracle. I am just starting to get bad again these past couple of years and I am in the process of going back to her to see if there is any hope for a few more years of less pain. And if she says she can't, she is probably the only one I believe that it can't be done.

October 30th, 2011
uncaring and cold
I saw this Doctor while my doctor was on vacation. I was having a post op issue that had been going on for 7 weeks and a new issue that came up on an ultrasound given by my family doctor. She didn"t even let me finish my explanation of my situation before telling me it was all normal and part of the healing process. She was cold and dismisive, rude and routine. She may see this all the time but this was all new to me and she treated me like I was wasting her time.Over all a very bad experience and I would never reccomend her to anyone.

May 16th, 2009
AWESOME DOC!
After loosing 225 pounds from Gastric Bypass I went to see Dr MacRae and 2 other Doctors. Dr MacRae was the last one I talk with and from the moment we talked I felt VERY comfortable. You will find her very down to earth and easy to understand. I elected her do to my surgery and 3 weeks out my results look great. I really put a lot of trust in her and very happy I did.