Dr. Julia Warren-Ulanch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 4th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Warren is wonderful. I have been treated by her for 3-1/2 years for Graves Disease and associated complications. She is kind, gentle and reassuring and has always taken plenty of time explaining procedures, blood work results, medications, and treatment recommendations for associated complications. Call backs or responses via patient portal have always been prompt. I have recommended others to her and they also like Dr. Warren. The office staff has always been polite and courteous to me. I will follow her to her new practice when it opens next week even though Carolina Endocrine is closer to my work/home. Can't ask for a better endocrinologist.

March 4th, 2013
Different Stories
I have seen the same endocrinologist for 20 years for the post-treatment of thyroid cancer. Unfortunately, I moved away and to the Raleigh area when I was 3 months pregnant. My endocrinologist from my prior home recommended I come in to see him every trimester. When I went to see Dr. Warren, she told me that there was no need to see her that often. She then performed an ultrasound on my thyroid. At the time, I didn't feel comfortable with her. I felt written off. I confirmed with the receptionst when I checked out that I wasn't supposed to come back for a year. When I called a year later to confirm my annual appointment, the receptionist told me that I was should have been coming back every 3 months and that I will be getting another ultrasound at this appointment (which is unnecessary). When you are treating someone for thyroid cancer while pregnant, I suggest you get your stories straight. Will not go back and do not recommend!

October 22nd, 2012
Good endo.Trained in the best place-Pittsburgh

August 19th, 2012
Would not recommend this office
Dr. Warren was polite but a bit cool during our time with her.She explains things as she went through the exam but just handed us sheets to read about what the outcome could be after we got the blood results back. Mary, the nurse, called us on Friday telling us to pick up medication for my daughter without explaining any test results. I had to ask. And the she was more concerned that the proper dosage be taken not if I had any questions about the diagnosis she just tossed out at me putting her on medicine the rest of her life. We will be getting a second opinion.

August 9th, 2012
Julia is wonderful!This is my second time seeing her about my thyroid and both times have been incredibly reassuring and helpful. She's funny, intelligent, easy to talk to and great at explaining what is going on in a way I can understand.I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Julia to anyone, as well as Carolina Endocrine as a whole.

December 15th, 2010
I'm so surprised by her rating on this site. I went to Dr. Warren-Ulanch because of high calcium and my experience with her has been outstanding! Her bedside manners and the quality of time I have spent with her during appointments, over the past 18 months, has been exemplary! She is fantastic and I have recommended several others to her (and their experiences have also been great!). I HIGHLY recommend her if you are in search of an endocrinologist!