Dr. Julian Klapowitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julian Klapowitz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 8th, 2016

Excellent Doctor

Excellent doctor. Have been seeing him for years and will gladly continue doing so for many years to come.

December 1st, 2015

Ms.

He is wonderful. I had to stop seeing him because he does not participate with my insurance. I've been lost evern since.

June 22nd, 2015

If you get really sick, look elsewhere

I used to love Dr. Klapowitz ... until I got a "mystery illness." I'd been traveling in the Middle East and elsewhere, and got a nasty, painful illness after. The initial symptoms passed after a few weeks, but the side effects - drenching sweat, fatigue, weight gain - kept on. He did some testing, but didn't listen to me that the results were abnormal - e.g., on the stress test, where you ride a stationary bike for 10 min, the administering doc said that I did "great." Well, I was a marathon runner, so I was very fit, and the way I performed was substandard FOR ME (plus, the floor was slick with sweat - not normal for a 10-min ride), but no one listened. I took myself to specialist after specialist, looking for answers; finally, an infectious disease doc told me that I had had some kind of virus, but it was too late to tell what it was, and suggested that I'd developed chronic fatigue syndrome as a result. So I went back to Klapowitz AGAIN. He'd been showing increasing frustration and skepticism, and was more than implying that my illness was psychiatric. Hey, if it was, I could deal with that, too - I just wanted an answer! So I had myself evaluated, and was told that no, it did not show the hallmarks of a psychiatric origin. On this final visit, and all I did was tell him the infectious disease doc's theory about chronic fatigue, and he cut me off, rolling his eyes and raising his voice and saying "I don't believe in that disease; it's junk medicine." Shortly thereafter he walked out on me, literally closing the door on my time as his patient. No goodbye, no "what's next," no "come by my office on your way out" (which was the norm for him). I was so hurt and ashamed - I felt like I was being diagnosed as an "overly sensitive woman" - that I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Those feelings turned to anger. How dare he? Plus, I was still sick. The symptoms lingered for almost three years before fading. I still have the excessive, inappropriate sweating (and yes, have had everything tested; no one can find a cause) and my metabolism slowed, but I was truly ill and needed Klapowitz's HELP, not his scorn. So he's a good doctor if you have something safe and normal and need less than 10 minutes of his time (he loses patience after the second question). If you get sicker with something that needs some sleuthing and you need support - save yourself some time and grief and look elsewhere.

May 1st, 2012

For years and years

I have been going to Dr. Klapowitz since he first started in the practice at Avenue Medical Associates, I think it's been well over 12 years and he was a newly practicing doctor. During one job I could no longer see him because he was out of network but when I went to my most recent position, my insurance covered him and I was so happy. No other provider was like him. He is a very nice person, he is caring and does his homework on my file before meeting with me AND takes time to talk with me in his office after each visit. I am an HR Manager and when my folks ask who my doctor is a gladly tell them about Dr. Klapowitz.

October 21st, 2010

Fine doctor!

April 2nd, 2010

highly recommended

Have been visiting Dr. Klapowitz for about three years. He is a very professional and so are his support staff.

December 3rd, 2009

dr julian klapowitz

A fabulous Dr

January 18th, 2009

One of the Best In My Extensive Experience

The oncologist of a friend of mine, who survived advanced ovarian cancer, sends his children to Dr. Klapowitz. Waiting is something one does not have to deal with in terms of appointments or office visits. His attention on efficiency might put the hypochondriac off. But he focus attention on those who symptoms, family history and test results indicate concerns. Believe me. This professional with show up at your family members bedside out of genuine compassion. I have nothing but praise for this care giver.

December 22nd, 2016