Amazing show details Amazing
Apr 22nd, 2013

My son had a hypospadias. I met with two doctors; Julian Wan and Evan J Kass. Kass was a complete a$$ – he was pompous, rude and told me “I’m not going to even answer that” when I asked a specific question on the procedure he was to perform. Julian Wan was the complete opposite. He drew a diagram for each part of the surgery and answered EVERY question. He was always patient, kind and sincere during every consult. The surgery took place at Motts Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor. The whole facility made my husband and I feel like we were VIP; as if our child was the highest priority item on their list. When our son went back for surgery, the hospital gave us a cell phone and a nurse contacted us (from the surgery room) when it started, updated us half way through, and let us know when the procedure was almost over. After the surgery, Dr. Wan met with us to explain what he did, how the surgery went, care, medications, and to call if we had any questions. He provided us with a packet of information that included everything he drew and discussed. When we began to care for our son after the surgery, were able to get in touch with a nurse immediately pertaining to any questions we had and were even able to talk with Dr. Wan when needed! It is now four months after surgery and everything is great!