Psychiatrist

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
They are a joke show details They are a joke
by S. R. on Jul 15th, 2016 on doctor.com

The worst experience ever, never seen how a doctor's office take out on a 81 y/o lady. they make her wait for 2 hours and at the end, we end up walkin ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Mar 11th, 2016

Dr. Kanji helps me and because of her help I have gotten better and my life is productive and stable.

Horrible show details Horrible
Mar 2nd, 2016

Pathetic excuse of a doctor. Stay far away from this office, the doctor and staff are terrible. This doctor runs a slum shop and nothing but money matters to her. Your left in a waiting room for an hour after your appointment and she sees you for 5 minutes. Has no clue who you are from the last time you were there. They grab your money/co-pay when you walk in the office and ONLY cash. Wouldn't care about that if she were a kind, decent, and compassionate human being but she is NOT!

The worst Office staff I have ever Encountered show details The worst Office staff I have ever Encountered
by David on Dec 30th, 2015

Dr. Kanji knows what she is doing medically (or atleast the large concoction she has me on says so), but I must say her absolutely terrible staff is her number one issue. These people are impossible to deal with. Constant mistakes, over and over, and they never take responsibility for it. Its always the patients and the pharmacies fault. Simple things too that a doctors office should have under control like accurate dosing. Then when you call to complain to Dr Kanji, she will not hear a word of it and speak over you consistently until you hang up or shut up. I have been going here for years with my family and have had the last bit of abuse from her secretarial staff. Dr should really listen to her patients instead of telling them that they are verbally abusive. ((I called to find out why script for 2x a day instead of 3x, they tell me they sent the right thing and its my fault I didn't address it at the pharmacy immediately (didn't realize)). Dr is put on the phone, and now I am being verbally abusive to her staff according to her, and instead now I am being yelled at without even giving me a chance to speak. Such unprofessional service with no care for the patients needs or concerns. I would honestly recommend buying pharmaceuticals on the black market before you go to this joke of an office, you will have more accurate dosing and less problems, I promise. Side note of Malpractice: She has been seeing me since and before I moved out of state 2 years ago. Have not had even ONE consultation to make sure I am still doing well on the large concoction of pills she has me on daily, not even a phone call. Just been a script writer for 2 years now, and often the script is wrong, and often they don't care, and often blame it on you, the patient, for their complete incompetence.

Dec 4th, 2015

She's very nice. It's extremely annoying to wait for an hour after your appt. time while she & the staff spend the time discussing manicures & their pets. Appts. Are 10-15 minutes long. It's only a dr to get prescriptions from after getting a diagnosis somewhere else. There's no therapy or follow up. She insists all prescriptions be filled at pharmacy next door to her office. That pharmacy first says Yes, your insurance is accepted. But then when you have to pay tells you Sorry, it's not covered. I stopped going because I cannot afford to pay full price for my medications!

Severe anxiety,panic disorder, social phobia show details Severe anxiety,panic disorder, social phobia
by Jennifer prew on Nov 16th, 2015

Witch doctor, smug not. Helpful, took me down on my Xanax and wants me to take bentrixelle, major nausea, worse anxiety, agitation,throwing up. I got the old Xanax is a sedative not a medication deal. What a whack STAY FAR AWAY

May 25th, 2015

This office overbooks so excessively that when i arrived all 15 seats in the waiting room were taken and a few people were waiting in the outside hallway

She sucks! show details She sucks!
by Nadia on Apr 23rd, 2015

I spent 5 minutes with her and never went back again. Why am I forced to give her a star? She deserves none.

Don't go show details Don't go
Jan 22nd, 2015

Horrible do not go here! So many things to talk about. DONT GO!

Awful show details Awful
Aug 25th, 2014

She really does more damage than good for teenagers in depression. She sent me to the hospital with my daughter without doing a suicidal evaluation just because someone knocked on the door to say my 30 minutes was up and my daughter was crying (for help). She should lose her license to practice! (PS My daughter was fine; just in need of someone to listen to her)

Patient show details Patient
by Jenna on Jul 31st, 2014

It is mind boggling how anyone could give this woman any more than 1 star (and even that is pushing it). It is impossible to get her to respond to emails and is of no help at all with depression and has infact made it worse. She should leave the practice for good because she is hurting more than helping.

Patient show details Patient
by Robert on Jul 31st, 2014

Absolutely awful and incompetent. Avoid at all costs! She is not empathetic, doesn't listen, and doesn't know what is best for her patients. Doesn't respond to emails when requesting letters and the people at her secretary front desk are even more rude. She does not deserve your money because she does not provide help patients really need. It saddens me that there aren't higher up individuals that can take action against her.

Kanji saved my life show details Kanji saved my life
by jamie j on Sep 11th, 2013

I met Dr Kanji threw a friend back in 1999. She is very down to earth and listens. I ended up seeking Treatments from her a few years ago. I'm stabilised now and Going back to school. Thank you!

by Mr. McDonald hit the nail on the head on Jul 3rd, 2013

Any decent rating was clearly written by the doctor or her family. Over an hour wait and the visit is under 5 min. This doctor will give you whatever you want as long as you pay, cash only?? I guess my copay isn't claimed. Forced to go the the Atrium pharmacy is totally illegal which I plan to report. The are washing each others hands at our expense. This doctor cares about nothing but the money you are pulling out of your pocket. For all of you who really need psychiatric help I urge you to choose a doctor who really cares about more than her business with the next door pharmacy and the cash you are pulling out of your pocket. Who said this new staff was helpful and friendly? Dr Kanji must have wrote that too. The staff is also a patient!!!

by Danielle K on May 25th, 2013

Great doctor! Nobody else would talk to me and listen to the issues and help me change my medications! Everybody else just wanted to leave it as is! Easy to make an appointment with like the next week! She is quick when she is just doing medication management as all doctors are but as a new patient she took the time to listen and try to help!!

REally nice lady who cares show details REally nice lady who cares
by Scott on Mar 28th, 2013

I have been seeing her for approximately 6 months . She got my depression under control. I finally have my life back after months of feeling terrible.

Bad Reviewer Isn't Familiar With Psychiatry show details Bad Reviewer Isn't Familiar With Psychiatry
Nov 15th, 2012

Dr Kanji is a GREAT psychiatrist. On my first visit she spent about 45 minutes with me learning about what I was having problems with. At the end she prescribed me with 2 medications, both of which I am happy with and are working great for me. After the first visit, I just visit her for my medication refills. It's a 5 minute visit. She asks if there are any problems and then simply gives you the prescriptions.THIS IS WHAT A PSYCHIATRIST DOES!People that are leaving negative reviews are looking for this woman to counsel them. She is not a PSYCHOLOGIST. If you want to talk to someone about your problems, go to a psychologist. If you want both medication and to talk, go to both a psychologist and a psychiatrist.I travel 45 minutes to see Dr. Kanji once a month and there are plenty of Psychiatrists closer but I wouldn't change. After decades of suffering, Dr. Kanji got me on the medication that made me feel normal again!

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
Jun 25th, 2012

Dr Kanji is a good doctor, she helped me alot. I wait around 30 mins too see her. I recommend her. Shes not a drug pusher don't believe everything you read ( most these comments are from unstable people, after all that's some of the patients she treats)

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Feb 21st, 2012

I have been seeing the Dr for awhile now. She and the new staff are amazing. She takes her time and truly cares.

Very confused by ratings show details Very confused by ratings
Feb 21st, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Kanji for over a year now and I might wait a little longer in her office, but she helped me very much. Also she doesn't rush anyone out of her office..she is there to prescribe you medicine and if you need to speak with her further she never pushes you away. And as far as the staff change and what not.. mind your business..its hers to deal with.. I have no problems at Doctor Kanji what so ever.

Jan 26th, 2012

The office is busy, but staff is friendly. You will wait your turn accordingly. Dr. Kanji has her own style, which takes getting used to, but she is focused and direct and she certainly practices sound psychiatry. Therapist she is not. This was my first visit. I will go back.

Jan 12th, 2012

It is fairly easy to get an appointment with Dr Kanji, which is good if you are having an emergency or need last minute visit. However, be prepared to wait long periods of time for an appointment that lasts all of 5 minutes. I don't mind being seen quickly, but she hurries too much because she is way over booked.The connivence kept ime coming back. Also that she would prescribe enough refills for me to go away to college and see her on breaks. While I liked this at first I now realize that, it is not the appropriate way to manage and check in while taking the medication I do.Last visit, I tried to talk to her about switching a medication but she only supported I go to a higher dose. She did not care to listen or hear my rationale. I had seen a counselor regularly and had a visit with another psychiatrist at school (one who actually spent 30 minutes talking to me) both suggested I look into a lower dose of different medication, since it was not working for me anymore. She would not hear any of it, claiming that a higher dose was the answer. She seems too medication driven, which is only a piece of treating many psychological conditions. The fact that she only takes cash is not only inconvenient, it is sketchy. As a long time patient, I have finally decided that I have had enough of the same experience every time and will not be returning. I suggest you do not see Dr Kanji unless you need to be seen right away, then switch to someone else as soon as possible.

Nov 28th, 2011

You are going to wait in every Doctor's office, but when you get in to see Dr. Kanji, she will give you as much time as you need. I don't see how she can get a bad rating, she is a caring doctor!!

okay show details okay
Oct 19th, 2011

it seems like all the people on here went for anger issues... she's not exactly my favorite person but she's good at her job. of course she prescribes medicine, shes a psychiatrist thats what her job is. if you really need help the best, most successful treatment for all psychological problems is to see a therapist/psychologist AND a psychiatrist. the reason she doesnt talk is because if you did what you were supposed to and talked to a therapist you would have an easier time describing your problem to her. a psychiatrist is only to give you meds, she never claimed to be talk therapy too thats why she has therapists in her office. you have to see both if you need help. its not her job to talk to you, its her job to diagnose you and give you medicine. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PSYCHIATRY AND PSYCHOLOGY. also, if you dont want to wait a while, might i suggest going in the morning when theres less people.

She's a good doctor show details She's a good doctor
Mar 16th, 2011

She's not a therapist, she's a medicine doctor. She knows what her patient's need and she has psychologists and therapists that work with her. She tests her patients for various mental disorders. Among the psychologists and therapists that work with her, she is the one with the power to write the prescription. She's good for doing what she has to do.

Good experiences here... show details Good experiences here...
Jan 12th, 2011

I have found Dr. Kanji to be very knowledgeable and helpful to my whole family. The entire staff I have dealt with has been kind and accommodating. In my opinion, most of the previous complainers here have had a bad experience because of the nature of their problem perhaps. I think most of her patients would agree that they would not have had the success they had without her. I know everyone I recommended to her agrees.....