Dr. Juliana Lockman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 24th, 2015
Not very personable or good.

January 22nd, 2013
Gifted Neurologist
I have been seen seven neurologists in the Portland area since my diagnosis of epilepsy in 1995. My Mom took me from Dr. to Dr. to find the best. We stayed with that Dr. until he retired and he switched us over to Dr. So at the Oregon Clinic. Well, sadly, Dr. So left and we were left without a Dr. for a year. We were notified that Dr. Lockman had joined the group. Well, how lucky can I be to be a patient of Dr. Lockman. She listens to me, cares about me, is aggressive with my care and never stops tweaking my meds. Her staff is efficient and professional. There is never a problem with scheduling or refilling my many medications. If you are in need of a smart, caring, young and innovative Dr. than look no further. Thank you for coming to Portland Dr. Lockman. I know I will continue to get better.

September 13th, 2012
I was seen approx four weeks ago for my apt and I was told to call with any additional questions. I have had a few things come up in regards to a medication that she put me on but they are never alble to get back to you in a timely manner. I have never spoke with anyone when I call insted I have to leave a voice mail which takes 3-4 days for her to get.

January 25th, 2012
Great Doctor, Very Informative, Great to work with.
I take my Mother to see Dr. Lockman and our visits have been productive and informative. Dr. Lockman comes across as respectful and has a genuine interest in helping her patient. The office is easy to contact and do a great job at following up. I wish my primary care physician had the same qualities.

November 17th, 2011
Fabulous Physician
I first met Dr. Lockman well over a year ago. I am a very complicated case, but she has the patience of a saint. She is very thorough and detailed, and shows a great deal of compassion. Her staff has always been prompt and courteous, more efficient than any office I have visited. Most people don't want to go to the doctor's office, but I always look forward to my visits. I am so thankful for Dr. Lockman and highly recommend you see her if in need of a neurologist. Too often, I hear people make negative remarks when they don't get a cure at their first visit. But we are human, it's not like fixing a car. Each of us is different. It takes many years for a doctor to complete training, so they can offer their expertise. Although we may have valuable information for the doctor, we are not doctors, and therefore must put our trust in the doctors we choose. Dr. Lockman has earned my trust.

October 5th, 2011
Off to a good start, then disappointed
Had the same epilepsy doctor in this clinic for seven years. When he left last year I saw Dr. Lockman. She was very easy to talk to, very concerned. I had been diagnosed by the previous epilepsy doctor and my symptoms never changed. Dr. Lockman ran one test and said suddenly that I did not have epilepsy- even tho my symptoms persisted. I had a few more appts with her and nothing changed as far as my symptoms. Then she suggested neuropsych testing which pointed to my symptoms being of psychosomatic origin. I respect Dr. Lockman but I feel that when she couldn't fix my problem she resorted to the usual "it's all in your head".

September 6th, 2011
Maybe not the best doc/clinic for assertive, high IQ or complex patients
This recently licensed young doctor seems to listen carefully and compassionately; however, be sure to review your chart notes for accuracy. Mine cont ...

August 14th, 2011
Should MS be Dxd via assistant on phone at 4:00 Friday?
This physician actually told my PCP I have MS, that I was being referred to OHSU, and would my PCP please tell me "not to talk so much" at OHSU. This occured at close of business on Friday. I am never able to speak directly with Dr. Lockman, but am forced to deal with impatient and disdainful assistant. Is it ethical to give Dx of incurable disease through assistant on TELEPHONE? Is that how little my feelings are worth?More sigbificantly: Had I not "talked so much" to Dr. Lockman, an LP showing massive CNS inflammation would never have been ordered. I wasted a year of my life with an MD who had written me off as a psychiatric case, despite numerous psych evals contradicting her. Ultimately, ENT vestibular testing, obtained through PCP referral, corroborated my report.Have spent weekend terrified, and in tears, with NO ACCESS to Dr. I feel I would have received more compassion and professionalism as an stray dog at the animal shelter.

August 28th, 2010
New Neurologist
We lost my daughters neurologist last year and we were devastated that he left the practice. (I guess we do need great researchers too).We did see another Dr. in the practice that didn't specialize in epilepsy, She could renew the meds and give my daughter a check up but I knew she would not be able to help us if problems occurred. Epilepsy was not her forte.Yesterday we met Dr. Lockman and were absolutely thrilled. The appointment went better than we could possibly have dreamed. She was thorough, kind, passionate, and really listened to what we had to say. Isn't that refreshing? If you are looking for a neurologist that specializes in epilepsy Dr. Lockman is really impressive.Thank goodness she decided to practice in Portland.