Dr. Juliana Nahas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

March 12th, 2013
Amoxacilin for allergies?
I told the Dr. My 6 month old has been chronically congested and its making it hard for her to breastfeed. The Dr. responded, have you tried formula? I explained to the Dr. she would still have difficulty eating formula out of a bottle if her nose is plugged. She went on to advocate me feeding her formula stating it would help with her weight gain. So, I asked the Dr. If her weight was low, she responded, that no my daughters weight was right on track. The doctor finished inspecting her ears, nose and throat and stated everything look good and since her snot wasn't green/yellow that it was allergies causing the congestion, she then handed me a prescription for antibiotics.

September 16th, 2012
She is a genuine person who has a kind heart and wants to help. My son feels very comfortable with her.

October 4th, 2011
I had no idea how hard it was to find a decent pediatrician when I first had my kids, but I do now! Dr. Nahas is about par for the course in this area. She's not overly bad, just not very good, either. She decided that my daughter had a serious medical condition (ADHD) without really listening to our experiences/opinions. We went for a second opinion after the medication Dr. Nahas gave my daughter made her depressed. (That's right, a depressed 5 year old, because Dr. Nahas would rather prescribe Ritalin than deal with a child acting a little rowdy at her office.) I also think she tends to over-prescribe in general. If my child has the sniffles at a well-patient appointment, she'll get amoxicillin. All that being said, Dr. Nahas is okay for general needs, like immunizations or physicals for sports, etc. But if it's something serious, I wouldn't waste my time going to her and just go straight to a specialist. She tends to jump to conclusions rather than actually assess the situation before her.