Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
Lack of follow-up after miscarriage, unavailability show details Lack of follow-up after miscarriage, unavailability
Sep 27th, 2011

I had been seeing this doctor several times. While she has relatively good bed-side manner I always felt that she wanted to get me out at the end of each appointment. I understand that she has a lot of patients so she may not remember what we had discussed in our last appointment but in my own job I work with several hundred clients at my workplace and I make an effort to remember our conversations. Maybe I just have a better memory. In any case, after struggling with a complicated pregnancy, this doctor never even once congratulated me or asked how I am doing, after several emails and phone calls. Her staff were the ones would call me even though I have not met her staff in person. I appreciated her staff a lot but am disappointed because she was the one I had been seeing. I am more than ready to find another doctor.

Misdiagnosed my problem show details Misdiagnosed my problem
Aug 31st, 2010

I went to Dr. O'Callahan regarding two issues and then never went back: (1) I wanted to have a child but was concerned about the strong possibility that I might be a carrier of the cystic fibrosis gene and (2) one of my ovaries hurt a LOT every time I ovulated. Dr. O was very friendly and outgoing, which I appreciated, but she really missed the mark on my two issues. When I voiced my concerns about the CF gene, she gave me a lot of Happy Talk about how kids with cystic fibrosis can lead long, happy lives nowadays. When I told her that two of my family members had died of CF at a young age, she finally stopped her Happy Talk. Very disconcerting. The other issue was my painful ovary. Dr. O's answer was that I needed to exercise more. So, I had to go get another opinion. The second doctor did an ultrasound and found that I had a big hemorrhaging cyst on my ovary.

Very caring, but no follow-up after a miscarriage show details Very caring, but no follow-up after a miscarriage
Mar 5th, 2010

Maybe I am expecting too much from my healthcare providers, but I really don't think so. I had an early miscarriage and was disappointed in the follow-up care provided. Well, the problem is that there wasn't any. Dr. O was wonderful about sitting with me to answer any questions I have. She has an amazing bedside manner. The unfortuate part is that the only information given to me was in answer to questions I asked. While I appreciate this, I would've liked to have had more pre-prepared support. For example, a brochure on miscarriage would have been nice. A referral to a local support group, books I should read, anything. All of this was overlooked, which I found rather disappointing. Lastly, after my hCG finally went back to zero, nobody from the office called me to check in on me. I would hope there would be some kind of follow-up with a patient who'd suffered a devastating loss like this. I understand that everyone is busy, but I find this to be a basic expectation of your caregiver.

by kkcee on Apr 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com

5 star PLUS! Women's Care at Sequoia Hospital in Redwood City: Dr. Elaine Chien is fabulous. I had a benign growth on my uterus preventing me from getting pregnant. She removed it and I was able to get pregnant right away. Obviously I was pleased wit

Read Full Review at citysearch.com