Dr. Julie Ambrose Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie Ambrose?

September 17th, 2016

I would never recommend this doctor. She is extremely rude!

September 11th, 2015

Fine for routine care, but not terribly helpful otherwise...

Dr. Ambrose tries to be very friendly and nice, but she has a tendency to answer most questions in a dismissive way. As in "I'm the doctor and if it was important I already would have thought of it". As another reviewer said,often, when I bring up uncomfortable symptoms, her response is "that's normal". Well, how about some suggestions on how to deal with it, doc? Or in voicing concerns she tend to just quote the medical standard at you without addressing your fear. She can come off as arrogant and more concerned withe being right than putting her patient at ease. That said, she is very prompt with follow-up and does seem to be thorough with addressing things that she believes are a concern.

May 5th, 2015

She is definitely knowledgeable , but answered to all my concerns ( I had pains) with only one response : "it's Ok!" I wanted to be tested more, but she refused to take more tests:(

June 24th, 2011

Dr. Ambrose has a great beside manner. She answers all of my questions and I never feel rushed. She delivered my son and it was such a great experience. I also had a uncomfortable procedure done that made me very nervous but she kept me calm and tried to keep my mind at ease by while administering it. Even afterwards, she ensured me that even if the results weren't so great, I'd be okay because of the proactive approach that we were taking.I was very sad to hear that Dr. Ambrose left the practice at Perfectly Female and want to follow her to her next, but I do not know where/if she practices now.

September 28th, 2010

stay away

Did not like Dr. Ambrose at all. She has a cold bedside manner and looked as if she couldn't care less about me as a patient and actually yawned 2 times without apology or excuse during my visit with her. Not something you are looking for as a prego girl!

August 2nd, 2010

Only good for routine check ups

I have reoccuring infections and Julie Ambrose was basically useless. She would do the same tests every time I came in and prescribe the same antibiotics that never worked, even though I told her that they weren't working for me. She just went through the motions and didn't even read my records that I had sent over. Every time I got test results back, I could only speak with a nurse, never the doctor. Although her demeanor was pleasant, I didn't feel like she cared much at all about my health. After about 5 or 6 visits she finally sent me to a specialist

November 18th, 2009

Responsive and Understanding Doctor! :)

I recently went to visit Dr. Ambrose for a routine check up. She kindly introduced herself and went over my history with me. She asked if I had any questions or concerns. I was thrilled to know that just within my first 10 minutes with her I had chosen a very understanding, welcoming and responsive facility. Dr. Ambrose had one of the assistants follow up with me in regards to my test results and also provided me with doctor refrences and telelphone numbers since I would have to see a specialist. I just wished she would have spent a little more time with me, but that's just how I feel. Overall very gentle with me and seemed very knowledgable.

January 31st, 2017