Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Womens Care Center PLLC
1720 Nicholasville Rd
Ste 402
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40503
859-977-1760
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Frustrating  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2013

I was very happy with Dr. Ashmun for several reasons (saw her once a year for my yearly). However, recently I've started having some issues that I was looking for medical advice on, she's completely blown me off without any regard for the pain that I'm in or the frustration that I'm having.

|  Aweful  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2013

She is the worst OBGYN I have ever came across she is rude and could care less about her patients she is there for the money. She will even go so far as to pregnant women the reason they are having problems is because they are overweight. She really is a law suit looking for a place to happen.

|  I will not be back!!  |  show details
May 30th, 2013

She came in the room with a rehearsed statement, telling me my symptoms were from lack of exercise. I want a doctor who listens to me and my concerns. She was making generalizations about my lifestyle and stress level. I go to female ob/gyns because I feel they listen and are sympathetic as women. I would not recommend her to a friend. I also asked that an ultrasound be performed while I was there. I was scheduled for one a month later!!

Jun 27th, 2012

She is really down to earth and makes me feel really comfortable.

|  Turn and run...  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

This dr. offers you a cystic fibrosis screening, but what she doesn't tell you is that instead of running the regular one that most places run which is around $700 she runs one that will cost you $9000. She refuses to give this information up front, will not warn you in the least that this test is extremely expensive and then refuses to help or do anything about it when you get a $9000 bill.

|  Decent wait time, Awesome doctor  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

I chose Dr. Ashmun at random when I moved back to Ky for my first pregnancy. I am definatly glad I did. She is straight forward and puts me at ease. I feel comfortable in the fact that she is very educated and tells me straight out what is going on and what is going to happen. She speaks in a way that I can understand, (not that I am unintelligent) but I have definatly had doctors that speak in only doctor terms:) All in all Julie Ashmun has been a fantastic OB and I would recommend her to anyone.

Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr.Ashmun had her staff cancel my appointments twice. I was not informed about the second cancellation until I arrived at the office. I had even received a reminder call Friday about my Monday appt. Her "first available" appt.six months away. If it's her fault for rescheduling she should make accomodations for those patient to be seen urgently.The staff suggested I let an ARNP do the exam. If I had wanted an ARNP I would have scheduled with them.This is VERY poor pt.care/customer service. I've been in health care 35 years and I've never treated a patient with that kind of disregard. Attending educational conferences shouldn't interfere with meeting the needs of patients in a timely manner.

|  Dr. Ashmun is the best!!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

Dr. Ashmun has a phenomenal bedside manner! She takes the time to listen to your concerns and has made me completely comfortable with both of my pregnancies. I can't imagine a better OB!

|  Worth the Wait!  |  show details
Dec 7th, 2011

The difference between Dr. Ashmun and other gynecologists i've experienced is vast. I loved that on my first visit with her, we met in her office, not on an examination table. She is the first doctor i've had to ask me about my sexual health, not just physical health. I found that very refreshing. Dr. Ashmun is also warm, funny, and easy to talk to. I've recommended her to a lot of women, and they have all loved her candid nature and the way she interacts with you like you are a thinking, feeling person, not just a patient.

Dec 6th, 2011

The doctor is great, getting an appointment is tough (takes months) and the schedulers in the office told me I could go elsewhere if it was a problem. I will likely look for a new doctor only because of scheduling issues.

Sep 5th, 2010

Lawsuit waiting to happen. Nearly botched my wife's delivery. awful.

|  weird!  |  show details
by asecret h on Jun 29th, 2010

awful, i want dr.bain back

|  great job  |  show details
May 13th, 2009

Dr. Ashmun was a very wonderful Dr. she seems as she truly cares you are not just a pay check to her.