Dr. Julie Bauer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 27th, 2016
Awesome Doctor

November 24th, 2015
Unprofessional Endocrinologist Office
Unprofessional office staff and doctors. I transferred and received must better treatment from my Primary doctor.

November 16th, 2015
I have been with Dr Bourne/Bauer for more than 15 years, unfortunately they no longer accept Medicare insurance. I rarely saw either Dr, always scheduled with the PA's, same copay. The only time I saw either Dr was when I specifically asked to see the real Dr. I will say this will give me an opportunity to explore another Dr's care and overview. Not a bad thing.

October 29th, 2015
You will never actually see Julie Bauer
I was a patient of Julie Bauer's for years. With the exception of the initial appointment I never actually saw her. For nearly four years I was scheduled to return to the office every 90 days ($40 a pop) just to get lab results and a two minute check up from which ever nurse practitioner was on duty. A few times I was given the wrong prescriptions and incurred out of pocket expenses for incorrect testing strips for a meter that they also prescribed! After I begin to suffer other healthcare concerns that required my immediate attention from another specialist... I was dropped as a patient after having to reschedule two of my appointments. When I called the office Greg spoke to me like I was just a number and explained to me that the rude and insensitive letter I received was routine and mandated by their mal pratice lawyers. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor's office that actually cares about your health and well being and not just making their quota for the month.

April 28th, 2015
Great

April 14th, 2015
Keep Looking
I would not recommend this doctor.

December 11th, 2014
Excellent care

December 2nd, 2014
When I read some reviews of Dr. Bauer I almost did not go to her. She is very nice though, spent a lot of time with me and is taking good care of me. I could not ask for a nicer doctor. Her staff is usually nice but there are a couple that are not so nice, but I have not had a problem with any of them. I get the appts I need and the help I need, I could not ask for more.

February 18th, 2014
I honestly don't know where to start. I paid hundreds of dollars to see this doctor and while I thought she was good in the beginning, I got a serious knife in my back. I can confidently say I WAS one of her most severe patients as I had my pituitary gland removed at 2yrs old causing full hormone replacement. It came time where I needed my medical forms sent out. I have not had my medicine in over a month because of this office and they care so little. I spoke with everyone at the office, all of whom are extremely rude. They tell me they'll handle it and never do. Julie doesn't care as long as she can get paid. Greg is the worst! In my time of need. When I needed them the most in my entire life.... they dropped me as a patient! Do not go to this office if you want a caring staff and a caring doctor. I'm astonished someone hasn't done something about this.

February 10th, 2014
shocked
I was thrilled to know that Dr. Bauer could determine what is wrong with my thyroid. I would love to have it corrected. Who can you go to if not Bauer, she is what everyone has said is the best. When I spoke with Greg, he said to me "we're just not going to Do this anymore..." what, ask me to throw away money on the MRI, change meds and almost deliver a prognosis within the two busiest weeks of the year, and they dropped me??? I have no money problems, I have a stressful job and could not coordinate my dr visits. I have never been so disappointed in my life!

December 26th, 2013
First Responder
While Dr Bauer was a great doctor until I realized who she hired as an office manager. Manager Greg are in need of several customer service classes. They are rude, disrespectful and do a poor job of representing the doctor. I have been a patient for over 3 years and I missed an appointment for work due to being a first responder. I did call on the same day. I rescheduled my appointment. Then come to find out Greg cancelled my appointment without informing me and closed my account.

July 4th, 2013
Rude Staff
I had a follow up appt. with Dr. Bauer. I was looking forward to this appt. due to my condition and how I was feeling. I recieved an email earlier during the week to remind me of the appt. I understood before I left the first appt. that my follow up was at 6:15AM, my email also stated 6:15AM. I agree to this time due to my work schedule. When I arrived at the office there was no one there. I called and left a message on thier voicemail letting them know of my arrival. When I went back home their was a message from the day before letting me know that my appt. was changed to 8:15AM. I left my house to go back for my 8:15AM appt. When I arrived I told the young lady up front of the error on thier part. She apologized and requested my co pay. I didn't have the co pay thinking if was just a follow up to recieve my prescription. I was told I could not see the doctor and that I would have to reschedule. I was not able to speak with the office manager or the doctor. I felt I was denied medical care and the staff was very unprofessional and rude. The Bauer seems to be a great doctor and I am not sure she is aware of her rude staff. My question is was $35.00 going to break the practice? I told her I would bring the money on Monday and that I had to go to work. They were not understanding. I will not return to this office.