Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Delighted Phoenix patient show details Delighted Phoenix patient
Dec 14th, 2015

My appointment was urgently needed and the staff was able to book me in that day to see her. She was courteous, competent and had a great bedside manner. She took care of my problem with skill and gave me a sense of her competence. The staff was able to schedule me for a follow up appointment two days later. I again found Dr Best to exhibit all of the great qualities she showed in the first visit. Her staff was efficient and friendly. I will happily refer my friends to her for care.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Brian S. on Oct 30th, 2015

Dr. Julie has been my PCP at Family Practice Associates in Glendale for about 6 years now. And she is her name - the Best. Her bedside manner is caring and attentive, she listens well and her responses are to the point. As a 60 YO male who is needing more health care as the years go on, I am pleased to have found her. And while she is not responsible for performance of the support staff at Family Practice Associates behaves, I have nothing but kudos for them as well. Very nice people - the support nurses and the front desk. It must be tough in a job where everyone sees you because they have a personal problem, but everyone in the office is caring. Well done. (I have read some of her other reviews and think that they must be talking about someone else.)

Sorry excuse show details Sorry excuse
by Missy on Jun 29th, 2015

This is a very spoiled woman! She is a horrible Dr. Has no compassion and only cares about herself, is very unkept, wrinkled clothes, too much Makeup, does not know what she is talking about. My personal opinion is she is hooked on opiates!

Patient show details Patient
by Smith Paul W on Mar 31st, 2014

Dr Best is my primar care doctor and has been for several years. She is extremly considerate in all aspects of your care. I do not understand how giving a good doctor a bad review due to the improper organization of a ficilty as a place like No Appoint MD. This place always over books and only gives the doctor a small amount of time to complete your visit. If the doctor is busy with other patients another is assigned to you as the doctor becomes available. This is no falt of the doctor. No good doctor will ever give a referral from someone else's word as this is improper perceedure. It would be the up to the Dr that gave you the recommendation to schedule you as needed. A follow up on lab results is good practice if your lab work shows anything out of order, because you can not give a patient proper instructions for a problem in lab results over the phone. She dose give results over the phone and ask for a follow up if something is wrong. It is up to you to follow up or dismiss the results. I strongly recommend Dr best for your primary care or as a walk in patient.

Omg show details Omg
by Poppy on Dec 26th, 2013

The woman is a quack! She left the room of one patient and went to another, left the man, just like that! She is a disgrace to that practice! I called the medical board and she has many open complaints! She checks an ear infection by looking in your throat! Duh duh! Terrible!

by Nina on Nov 18th, 2013

I can not believe this woman is a healer! She thinks a 350 cholesterol level is fine! She breaks the Hippa law by calling other offices and checking her patients out! Shame on you Dr. Best, the measures you take to get rid of patients who are on to what you are about! Leaving one patient in the middle of an exam to go to another patient, in the hopes that man will leave and not come back! You are a phony Julie! It's only a matter of time until you screw up so bad you lose that license, you probably cheated to get!

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Barb A on Aug 26th, 2013

I love Dr. Best. She explains what she is doing, she gives her undivided attention to her patients and she shows true and genuine concern. She worked with me to discover a medical problem I was having and discovered the solution. She is the "Best".

Overbooked, Long Waits, Insists on Re-Visists, even for blood work results... Milking the insurance show details Overbooked, Long Waits, Insists on Re-Visists, even for blood work results... Milking the insurance
by Michelle on May 26th, 2010

I really like the idea of No Appt MD because my husband and I work for ourselves, with four children and it is very difficult to make scheduled appointments and keep them since our day to day schedule is always changing. Since my 2 and 3 year old have been going to the same pediatrition since they were born, I did not switch their doctors, even though their out in Surprise, but I did switch for myself, my husband and two teenagers. At first, it seemed like it was working. I went in and felt the hour long wait was reasonable, considering they were busy and I had not made an appointment. My first issue was when I did call and made an appt only to experience relatively the same wait time. It seems that appointment or no, an hour or longer is the standard here. I found myself going to the doctor less and just suffering the illness. My teenagers never wanted to go to the doc, either, because they detested spending half the say waiting to the see the doctor. I also rarely even see Dr Best. I see whatever doctor is available and feel the visits are rushed and, when I ask about something other than what I made the appintment for, I am brushed off and told that will have to be another visit. Also, when you have blood work done, you have to make another appointment to get the results. AND WAIT THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME to see the doctor, to be advised there was NOTHING WRONG!! ? Seriously? I can understand if the tests came back abnormal. But for standard blodd work, I think they should tell you over the phone, like other doctor offices. I really believe they do all this just so they can bill the insurance company for more money. I think the staff themselves are nice and attentive. As soon as I walk up to the reception area, they immediately ask me what I am there for and advise what to do, where to sign in. The staff that calls me back to take vitals are always nice, check my chart, ask me what I'm there for before sending me back out to wait to be called. The practitioners and doctors I have seen are nice and friendly but they do seem rushed. It's as though they do not have time to give each individual the attention they deserve or want because they are focusing on getting you out and the next in.So... in conclusion, I would definitely not recommend this doctor's office, unless you have plenty of time to spare and can wait until the end of time to see the doctor every time you go in.

Dec 31st, 2009

She saw both my children and misdiagnosed them both. I went to urgent care and they had bronchitis- something she missed, and they needed antibtiotics.

Utter Crap show details Utter Crap
by unhappy new patient on Nov 28th, 2008

Her follow-up is non-existent.I was examined by Dr Best & made her aware of my urgent Dr's order for an ultrasound on my R.breast.I went home & my other breast became worrisome,too. I called her office & requested an order for an ultrasound on both breasts, an she said no, come in for another exam first. That seems very backwards to me. I got the feeling that she was only interested in getting more money out of me-like I can afford more money.It should have been a simple matter of faxing a different ultrasound order,then getting back together to discuss those results,but no. I would definitely not recommend her services-unless you have time & money to burn(& you don't mind being taken advantage of!).