Dr. Julie Biller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 25th, 2012
Care resulted in my daughter's untimely passing
My daughter had cystic fibrosis, having been diagnosed at birth. It is very easy for doctors to attribute the loss of a patient with CF to this illness, and thereby not consider their own mistakes in her care. 1. She was treated extensivly with injected Benadryl or a generic equivalent while she was being desensitized to a drug to which she had an allergy. The National Institute of Health, Pfizer, and countless professional journals (including the Journal of CF) warn not to use Benadryl with patients with respiratory problems. She ignored family's requests to stop this drug.2. During my daughter's two-month hospitalization, Dr. Biller was away for 20 days for vacations and conferences. The doctors she asked to cover had scant knowledge in treating CF. (A CF doctor was available across the street at Childrens Hospital and would have covered). (She did call in regularly, however).3. The CF Foundation was also at fault for allowing a CF center to function with only one doctor.4. Freodtert Hospital was also at fault for its poor quality of nursing care. Have I said enough? There is no sense in going on. My daughter was 33 and, even acccording to the standards for life expectancy set by statistics she had many more years to go. She left a husband and 2 adopted children, all of whom she was devoted to. For the previous review by the woman with COPD, my thoughts and prayers are with you. It was your review that encouraged me to post the above after so many years.

January 31st, 2011
Great Care
I've been a patient of Dr. Biller's for about 12 years now. She has always given high quality care and has helped my manage my chronic disease. Knowing that good medical care is not always the case, I've even been reluctant to relocate because I likely would not receive as good of care elsewhere.

July 18th, 2010
Incorrect Diagnosis Leads to COPD
I came to Children's Hospitol with a bad cough where I actually broke a rib. Dr Biller diagnosed me with "some type of asthma" and failed to look futher even though I had other symptons including irritated throat and sinus. One day a visiting group of doctors were introduced to me and one had interrupted her with an opinion which she cut off. After being treated for asthma and lungs getting worse, I decided to pursue more opinions on my own. I went to an ENTand discovered I had one of the most severe cases of gerd (reflux) they said she should have pursued more diagnosis.I had corrective surgery (Nissan) but it was too little too late, now I have COPD from acid aspirating into my lungs for 10 years. I went back to the hospital to get my x-rays and cat scans and they were "all gone". Now as I deteriorate due to her poor diagnosis I only hope I will live long enough to see my son grow up.