Dr. Julie Dejong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie Dejong?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

February 26th, 2013

Delivered my daughter

Although I was told Dr. Dejong is no longer in the area, she was great when I delivered my daughter in 2011. I had never seen her before, but my doctor was unfortunately on vacation. I was trying for a pain medication free birth and when I expressed that I didn't want pitocin she instead broke my water I was holding my little girl 91 minutes later, having succesfully delivered her without pain medication. I did have a 2nd degree tear because my daughter was born after 3 pushes but she stitched me up quickly with a local anesthetic. Unfortunately she did have to check my uterus to make sure the placenta was all expelled, which was painful but she cracked a joke just before that made me relax a little and it wasn't so bad. Even though my experience with her was minimal she was very nice and supportive enough to not push pitocin on me when I wasn't progressing and instead tried the natural option of breaking my water. I had a wonderful birth experience overall.

February 18th, 2017