Dr. Julie Douglass MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Torrance, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2015
Thank You Dr. Douglass and Team!
I have been meaning to write this review for a while. Dr. Douglass and her entire team are fantastic! I am so happy that she is our doctor. Dr. Julie and all of her nurses are incredibly kind, helpful and knowledgeable. She has been caring for my daughter since she was an infant, and now also cares for my son. My son went through a hospitalization this year and Dr. Douglass and her staff were incredibly supportive and helpful to us. She knew right away that he was allergic to his medication after I took him to urgent care and he was misdiagnosed. She is great with kids, and always does everything she can to put my mind at ease, too. We also saw Dr. Craig in her office recently, and she was great, too. Thanks Dr. Julie!

April 19th, 2013
Great Dr but very busy
Dr. Julie is a great Dr. and my son loves her office, (just not the shots). When my son was a new born he got very sick. I could tell before any Dr. So I took him in to see Dr. Julie. Even though she didn't catch it the first time because all his vitals were normal she kept us on the radar and if anything changed she wanted us to call her. We did end up having to call her and ended up having to go to the hospital and he was hospitalized. Julie kept a good follow up with us and would call us while we were still even in the hospital. He is fine now, but it was because she didn't make me feel like I was an over reacting new mother that he is fine. The staff has always been great with me and my son. They remember us by name when we come in and don't even have to look at our chart. The lobby can get a little chaotic at times, but show me a place that cares for children that is not chaotic, and I will then sell you a snowman that never melts. Their are lots of toys. I usually don't let me son play with the toys because I am not sure if parents of sick kids let their kids play with the toys as well so I think better safe than sorry and he can just play with what I brought from home to entertain him. One of my favorite things about Dr. Julies office is that even though she is not "open" on Saturdays she will still see patients on Saturdays. This has been great for us, and very much appreciated.

March 18th, 2013
Great Doctor
I have one grown child and two younger children. Dr. Julie has seen them all since we moved into the area 14 years ago. She gets the job done and my kids always leave the office with a smile on their faces. My youngest daughter's favorite room is the "Barney Room," with a huge dinosaur patient examining table. Talk about cool! Two of my three kids were well ever since they were delivered. However, our youngest was premature at birth, and Dr. Julie figured out issues long before anyone else even thought about it. Because of her efforts, our littlest one is just fine today. Because Dr. Julie is so good, she is also pretty busy, so although you will have to wait for your appointment, she works as fast as humanly possible but you will always get in and out with the right amount of care by the doctor and her staff. Julie continues to win the "Best of South Bay Pediatricians" year after year (or in the top three places). I saw in her office the other day her newest trophy--Physician of Year by HealthCare Partners. Dr. Julie tends to figure out just what is wrong within moments. She listens and she doesn't over-prescribe. The nurses have been with her since we started going there which is always nice. My oldest daughter never could figure out when she actually got a shot if al all (but she always got that cute band-aid). It is amazing how Dr. Julie always remembers every patient's name no matter how long it has been since they visited her last. Most of neighbors all go to Dr. Julie and we all appreciate her wonderful talents.

July 20th, 2012
Dr. Douglas is great with kids, but not so great with parents. I feel rushed and not heard.

March 26th, 2012
Dr. Julie is the best!
We have been with Dr. Julie for 8 years and love having her as our doctor. I can always count on her to get us in at the last minute for a sick child. Weekend visits are never a problem. I have even been seen on a Sunday morning with a sick child and left there feeling at ease knowing we were in good hands.

March 22nd, 2012
I have been taking my children to Dr. Douglass for years. I have a big spread in my children's ages. We have from our now adult son of 19, to our middle middle son of 12, to our newest addition of our 18 month old daughter. Dr. Douglass has always been the nicest & most personable doctor my children have been to. She knows her stuff, keeps up to date on any new information, & has a staff that is always such a joy to interact with. I am constantly recommending her services to any family that is looking for a pediatric doctor.

March 6th, 2012
I have two sons, 14 and 11 and we have been with Dr. Julie for 15 years. My youngest son was Diagnosed with Autism thanks to Dr. Julie and she has been instrumental in helping him. She has always researched any type of therapy I wanted to try, and ordered separated vaccines when I requested it. She provided me with so much support during the last 11 years. Recently, my older son was a victim of bullying. She was there for us, she called at 9pm during her family time. She has since been meeting with him during her lunch hour. We offered to take him other therapists, but said the only person he trusted other than me was Dr. Julie. Again, in regards to special needs children, Julie IS THE BEST!

March 4th, 2012
We love Dr. Julie!
My children have seen Dr. Julie since we moved to Southern California eleven years ago. No matter what we were seeing her for, be it a wellness check up, a possible contagious virus or even a desperate call from a vacation overseas she always has a calm attitude and a smile on her face. My son and daughter have always been comfortable in our visits and feel Dr. Julie listens to them and answers all of our questions. We love Dr. Julie!

February 29th, 2012
Teri Dukes
Dr Douglas is Awesome, My Grandson loves her and so do I

February 27th, 2012
jenny
Very warm, caring, intelligent. Loves kids. Really nice nurses. Been with them for many years with both of my kids.

September 24th, 2011
Dr. Douglas is pleasant enough and good with the kids. With the parents though, I feel a bit rushed. I've been cut off many times in mid sentence without feeling like I've been able to fully explain. Her staff isn't the most friendliest, but just okay.

February 24th, 2011
Love this doctor's office. Both of my children see her and the doctors that work in the same office.