Dr. Julie Ellis MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Louisville, KY

3.4

April 7th, 2017
Can be a little quick sometimes but you can slow her down. This quickness does not mean she is not through because she is. Maybe like most physicians now you have to remember your thoughts before you go in and she asks questions because that she does.

February 16th, 2016
Great Doctor, wonderful personality, asks lots of questions
I read the other reviews and wondered if those patients had a different doctor! I have been a patient of Dr. Ellis for over 5 years. I have never experienced anything but warmth, caring attitude and very long, inquisitive conversations with her. Her assistant, Julie always returns calls in a timely manner. Dr. Ellis has recommended me to specialists when needed and taken care of my ongoing ailments like sinus infections and annual checkups. I highly recommend her.

March 10th, 2014
I spend far longer waiting to see her than she spent with me in the room. She failed to recommend the most obvious tests for my symptoms and spent most of the time looking at herself in the mirror and fixing her hair. When I tried to contact her assistant to get test results, I was unable to reach her.

January 21st, 2014
Shame on your Dr. Ellis and nurse Julie
My 81 yr old mother has been a patient of Dr. Ellis' for 10+ years. My mother recently broke her hip and needs follow-up care w/Dr. Ellis. I have reached out to Dr. Ellis and her nurse, Julie, 5 times over the last last couple of weeks with no response. It is really sad that when you need your dr the most that they are not there for you. If in your time of need your dr can't be counted on...what good are they?? Are they in it just for the money? do they even care about their patients? Shame on your Dr. Ellis and nurse Julie.

September 22nd, 2013
My experience and personal opinion.
I quite like Dr. Ellis. I find her to be an intelligent, engaged, caring, good diagnostician. I also appreciate the fact that she listens and takes what I tell her into consideration. The staff has an "it's not my job" mentality. The few calls I make a year are always lost in voice mail limbo. Dr. Ellis personal assistant is never available, does not answer questions, return calls or handle prescription refills without multiple prompts being necessary. I am considering leaving a good doctor because of an incompetent assistant. Her careless performance of her duties has the effect of blocking access to and exchange of information with Dr. Ellis.