Dr. Julie Ericson MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Chicago, IL

2.4

June 16th, 2015
Going through the motions
Condescending and unfamiliar with my chart. Also have had her roll her eyes as another reviewer mentioned. Doesn't seem invested in actually figuring out what is wrong. I'm looking for another doctor.

June 24th, 2013
Really bad bedside manner, reluctant to answer questions in fact rolled her eyes and gave very short, condescending answers, rushed through appointment making me feel uncomfortable, didn't seem to care about the patient and was not familiar with my chart.

September 26th, 2011
Almost changed practices because she was so awful
Horribly unprofessional. My blood still boils when I think of my time with her. I told the practice that I would rather deliver my baby at home without an epidural than be seen by her.

April 27th, 2010
Good doctor but office staff is so bad that I will go elsewhere
Although the physicians and nurses with whom I dealt were pleasant and seemed capable, the office staff is incompetent to the point of compromising care. We had two babies with this practice. I almost switched practices during my second pregnancy due to the office staff; I would not go there for a third.Each time you make an appointment, it seems as if it is the very first time in the history of the practice that someone sought to make one. It takes 10 minutes + to schedule a routine visit. The front desk staff is pleasant but befuddled. I am not sure if it is poor training, poor systems, or poor hiring, but something causes this process to be comparable to climbing Mt. Everest for the patient.Dealing with the front desk staff is a complete treat, though, compared to the billing department. The billing staff is both incompetent and rude - quite an accomplishment. They deny having had conversations; deny receiving mail; even deny receiving faxes for which i have proof of transmission and receipt.If the office cannot manage such a simple task as (a) making appointments; or (b) keeping track of letters and mail, I have no confidence that this practice could care for me in a medical emergency or keep track of my medical records.I strongly urge anyone reading this to go elsewhere.

February 12th, 2009
Lawyer
The doctor is great but their general office practice is awful & in the way that they make you give them a credit card # before making an appt. is so wrong..they actually refuse to see you if you do not provide them a credit card # & they insist that before you can see one of their doctors you must provide a credit #. They also request your insurance infor. & your social security # which is actually more than enough since it's a confidential peice of information but to top it off they demand a credit care # and they want to keep this in their files. That really is unethical practice & I have reported this to our legal insurance dept to remove them from our provider list & to the better business b & the state board &*others. Maybe they have had some bad patients & they weren't paying but in overall that is bad practice to refuse a patient because of their internal policy..very unfair .. not happy...don't even think of going there...