Dr. Julie Lewis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0
  • 1 patient rating
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

January 24th, 2014
A know-it-all that knows nothing
I came into the ER at Advocate Bromenn Hospital with a migraine with hemiplegia. Dr Lewis was rude immediately. She half-way did a neuro check on me. She said my symptoms didn't make sense because I had feeling in my arms and legs. I just presented with weakness. She ordered medications that I take at home. Obviously those didn't work. I wouldn't have gone to the ER if they had. She seemed annoyed when I said I still had severe head pain. My sister and I told her the medicines that usually help me. She, then said I was drug-seeking. I had to listen to her tell me how she knows everything about hemiplegia migraines , which she clearly does not. I asked her to contact my neurologist(s), and she would not. She was extremely prideful and condescending. She is passive aggressive, and has no compassion. Because my sister was not backing down. She finally gave me the meds I needed to function to some degree. One of those meds is an opioid. Therefore, she labeled me a drug seeker, which I certainly am not! On my discharge summary papers, she diagnosed me with"complex migraine with hemiplegia AND drug-seeking behavior even though she gave the medicine and passive aggressively thanked us for helping her understand my condition. It's safe to say she thinks she's pretty wonderful. She's not.