Dr. Julie Morrison DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Tucson, AZ

October 11th, 2016
Dolores C. Martin ("Dee)
There are no words to describe how much I miss the wonderful care by Dr Julie since I moved back to Calif. I have yet to find someone of her status. She was caring, always listened, to anything you wanted to talk about. Her bedside manner, the most gracious sweet Dr. I have ever had and I'm 82yrs old. When you're sick, she always gets it right, that goes for prescriptions also. If you need a good Dr. believe me you will not be dissapointed. She CARES about her patients. She has a wonderful helpful staff also.

November 16th, 2015
Accurate!
I was referred to Dr. McCartan by another doctor, I did not have a "regular Doctor". My experience was great. She was extremely professional and informative. I had been to urgent care three times for a horrible cough, severe headaches and loss of breathe. I was treated for several different things but still nothing was working. However, when I got to Dr. McCartan, I was frustraighted by the not knowing of what I really had and how to get rid of the lack of energy & cough. She told me that we would get to the bottom of it. She was almost 100% certain of what I had but would confirm with a blood test, to make sure her diagnosis was correct. To make a long story short, she was accurate and I did have whooping cough. Dr. McCartan is promt, courteous and listen's. She ask questions to get to the bottom of what is going on and has great follow through. I would reccomend her to anyone that is looking for a new doctor or someone who needs a change, she is a great doctor. You will not be disappointed.

March 6th, 2015
She's wonderful!
Dr Julie has been my dr. and friend for nearly 12 years. She's been amazing. She listens, cares and gets to the root of the issues. She's compassionate and knowledgeable. I've recommended her to many people and will continue to.

November 6th, 2013
I told this drs. staff I had west nile from Italy. The staff member told me I did not and refused to test my blood, so did Dr. Julie McCartan. Ms. McCartan said I had the flue and gave me a prescription, which I refilled through her 2 times. She didn't even draw blood to see if I had a bacterial infection for my coughing, sneezing, fever. Just here is your prescription. I called back several times to say I was getting worse. No, you can't make another appt. for same issue. Go to urgent care hemwas response. I was treated horribly by every dr. thereafter. West Nile went to my brain and I had encephalitis, yet emergency doctor told me he wouildn't admit me because he looked at Dr. McCartan's notes and said I was a "blaring bipolar". No I'm not I said, I have west nile virus and it's making me say coo koo stuff. No. go to psychiatrist. Well I didn't and if i would have, and they would have given me psychotic drugs I would be dead with them and W.N. both beyond the blood brain barrier. Thank you Dr. Julie McCartan. I now have G.I. problems from the antibiotics that didn't work and COPD from secondary illness from W.N. I finally found a dr. in Tucson to test me for the Nile and it came back 2X the normal limit, but I had to go through 5 primaries who refused to test me, just said go to psychiatrist. Finally, a dr. who listened to me. Ms. McCartan and her staff don't care about my health and maybe not yours.

August 13th, 2012
What a doctor should be
Dr. Julie practices medicine the way doctors used to years ago; she listens well, asks questions that help arrive at accurate diagnosis and develops appropriate treatment procedures. She is a kind, caring and compassionate person with a good sense of humor. Best of all, her entire approach is based on acceptance of the fact that the patient owns their own body. As a result, we have a working partnership and I have absolute confidence in her.

March 20th, 2012
I have never had a more awesome physician than Julie McCartan! Not only is she a competent physician in diagnosing and treating illness, she is a wonderful person period. She never rushes through an appointment and really takes the time to listen to you. She even opens up to you about her experiences, both personal and professional. I love having her as my doctor and would recommend her to anyone.

January 12th, 2012
Cross contamination issues
I was seen by Dr. Maccartan. She did not address my concern and did not show courtesy and professionalism, neither did her staff. I was rushed in and out. They don't follow OSHA guidelines to prevent cross-contamination. Dirty office and I would never go back there again.

June 17th, 2010
Really Great
Dr. McCartan is wonderful! She seems so caring and friendly, always a hug at the end of the appointment. She is honest and very supportive. The only problem I have was with the staff. A few times I needed prescrptions filled and they did not call in to the pharmacy when they said they would. It was a lot of keeping after them. But Dr. Julie is the BEST!

December 18th, 2009
I've been going to Julie (and both brothers and father on occasion) for years and am hoping my insurance picks them back up after dropping them last year. She and all of them are great and helpful and on target! I have heard bad reviews of a assistant they had a few years back who is no longer with them. Sometimes it is tricky getting to them on the phone but when I call for an appointment I can often get in same day and if not it is pretty quick.

November 11th, 2009
Friendly and Caring
I've only been to the office twice, but I found her name on a Low Carb support group website as a doctor that would support that lifestyle. She is extremely friendly, caring and gregarious. her staff is also friendly and the visits were positive experiences for me...and I hate going to the doctor.

September 11th, 2009
Dr. McCartan seemed very rushed and spent less than 10 minutes with me. I needed follow up assistance and the office staff was rude. I will be looking for another doctor.