Dr. Julie Okeefe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie Okeefe?

Love Dr. O'Keefe but don't really love the staff

Posted on April 3rd, 2017

I am a newly diagnosed diabetic with LADA. I was referred to Dr. O'keefe by my primary physician and I was so nervous but she definitely eased my mind about my diagnosis. She is very caring and made sure that she answered all of my questions. The front desk staff, however, had quite an attitude when my mother asked why it was taking so long for me to be seen. There were at least 8 patients who came after me who were called back before me so we were quite annoyed, especially because I was told to fast for blood labs. Definitely will be sticking with her even with the poor staff.

Excellent endocrinologist

Posted on February 10th, 2017

Dr. OKeefe has treated me for over 5 years now - she advised me to have my left thyroid removed due to a nodule that was larger than she was comfortable with. She aspirated the thyroid before hand for biopsy which was negative. She keeps me on track and is really easy to talk with.

bad policy

Posted on February 17th, 2015

I have heard she is very good. I've tried to get appt.s with her. I have diabetes and have had it for 4 + years. My reg. doctor is good but she is not an expert on diabetes and has only gone by the A1C number which in my opinion is completely worthless. It does not indicate how high your sugar spikes are or how many you have had, so you can have higher than normal sugar pikes over a long period of time doing much damage and your doctor may still say your A1C is normal. My eyes are very bad now because of this. My complaint is that when I tried to get an appt with Dr. Okeefe, I was told that I couldn't because she was in the same office as my MD. ??? Then just recently I checked again, and Okeefe hasn't been taking new patients for a while now.......like the few 'good' doctors they have at Calvert, they have been booked for years. This is pretty bad, so many have diabetes today and there is only 'one' specialist who has been booked for years? It's extremely bad policy and not fair at all to people if they cannot choose what doctor they want to see.........BAD Policy!!! Things are bad enough these days without doctor's offices make it harder. so my complain is not about Dr. Okeefe but that I could not make an appt. with her. I need a specialist, i'm tired of having to travel to Annapolis, Baltimore, or other counties or cities to get medical help!!!

Posted on August 31st, 2012

Dr. O'Keefe was assigned to me from my primary care physician Dr. Blattau. I could not ask for a better specilaist to advise me on how to live with my glucose control. I have missed Dr. Blattau. Dr O'Keefe is just as able to fill all my medical needs and attention.

Posted on July 13th, 2016