Dr. Julie Pena MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 15th, 2016
Im so grateful for Dr.Pena
I am so happy I went with Dr.Pena. I have been struggling for a entire year. I have had 3 biopsies, hospitalized, been to ER monthly, been on several antibiotics, ointments, vitamins, changed my diet, tried several anti-depressants. It kept me locked up in my home not enjoying my family. I became extremely depressed because my once clear skin had become full of lesions that swelled my whole face. My children were terrified of me. I had several "answers" to my problem. Each time leaving feeling hopeful. I was told I had herpes and had to take Valtrex, that made me horribly sick but I continued because I wanted a resolution so bad. Then I was told I may have Lupus, and MRSA. So needless to say for a year I was a wreck. I didn't wait long, her staff was amazing, I felt no pressure to buy products. But-after 2 days of using her skin care Likewise.. My face looked AMAZING!!!! Thank you Dr. Pena!!

May 25th, 2016
Excellent group!
Was referred to Dr. Pena and her group and am so glad that I followed thru on referral. From the minute I walked in until the time I left, the appointment was effortless and informative. Entire staff performed as a well organized and friendly group. I work for doctor's myself and was very impressed with everything in this office.

April 6th, 2016
Horrible experience. Literally the doctor was in and out in 2 minutes.

April 5th, 2016
Not a real MOHs Surgeon, a true Capitalist!
Please do not go here for any MOHs surgery. Dr. Pena is not trained in the MOHs procedure and she uses a Physician Assistant to close the surgeries she opens. This is just a way to make more money: 1) she does MOHs, which pays her what a FELLOWSHIP trained MOHs surgeon should be making, 2) by using a Physician Assistant she gets to charge a second provider doing the service. Trust me, I got the bill and asked my insurance company why I was paying so much. Go to a fellowship trained surgeon.

December 6th, 2015
Weird interactions
Staff looks miserable and this is the weirdest bedside manner Doctor ever.

September 24th, 2015
Avoid unless you want to wait 1 hour for a 90 second visit with a Nurse Practioner
Please avoid. They will try to pawn you off to a PA or NP instead of the doctor. The PA/NP are doing a lot of very intense procedures they are not trained to do. If you are unlucky enough to get Dr. Pena, she will spend about 90 seconds in the room with you. Staff looks terribly unhappy working there.

June 22nd, 2015
Bring that Wallet!!!
Charged $474 for office visit and follow up. Both times waited 1 hr 10 minutes each time. She was in room approx. 5 minutes each time. Prescribed her products for prevention and treatment. One dark spot was close to my eye and she used no covering for my eye when treated. Too busy to explain procedure. Eye swelled for over 2 weeks. The treated spot bled several times and left a huge scab, that finally fell off after 3 weeks. Dark spots returned in 6 weeks. What a waste of money and time!!!

April 6th, 2015
Great doctor and surgeon.

March 12th, 2015
Great if you want a facial
I have a history of skin cancer, she wanted to sell stuff

February 10th, 2015
INSURANCE FRAUD
INSURANCE FRAUD This "doctor" was trying to charge every single patient a $100 co-pay even though that is not what their real co-pay is INSURANCE FRAUD they said it was required by eveybody's insurance to collect it to meet their deductable which is untrue. I work for a health insirance company and will report this. INSURANCE FRAUD

August 26th, 2014
Patient with kids
Great doctor very nice and patient with my kids!

August 22nd, 2014