Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  All About The Money  |  show details
by Joe on Nov 28th, 2014

Only cares about the money she can make and little care for her patients. BEWARE!

|  Doctor has gotten lazy  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2013

The Dr. comes in around 10 AM knowing she has patients booked before 10 AM and has the entire day backed up. She leaves prescription on her computer before she decides to fill them for patients. I've waited as long as two weeks and ran out of the medication because of her lazyness and lack of concern for her patients

|  The Best  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

I llike Dr. Southmayd because she's very thorough and tells it like it is. She's very easy to talk with and comes up with diagnoses that other doctor haven't even considered. I've followed her to now her 3rd office. I've also referred others to her and they found her very helpful and professional.

Mar 6th, 2013

I'm not sure how some people can give this doctor 4 stars -- she's horrible. She makes mistakes on medications, takes two weeks to look at emails for medication renewals, comes into the office an hour late for her first appointment which backs up the entire day's appointments, she's not longer affilated with any hospitals, and doesn't listen to what her patients are saying. This woman just wants the money to have fun and isn't a dedicated doctor any more.

Jan 19th, 2013

Dr. Southmayd has a lack of bedside manner and seems to be going through the motions until retirement.

Oct 10th, 2012

I have followed Dr Southmayd for ten years. She has always given me the care and attention I have always needed whether I had a cold or something more serious. I have also referred many of my neighbors to her and we all are so happy with our choice.She is one of the best doctors in Naples.

Oct 1st, 2012

Never saw the doctor because just taking to the staff turned me off. Very nasty and not real helpful on the phone.

|  Lucky Naples patients!  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

Dr. Southmayd is a great listener and is clear in her responses. A rare find, she is someone with whom a patient could discuss anything.

|  moving on  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

How she is rated as one of the top doctors in Naples mystifies me. Several times she has misdiagnosed and several times she has written prescriptions for medications which I am allergic to. I chose her because she's an internalist, but anything more than a cold, she refers you to a specialist. I kept giving her chances, but it's past time to move on!

|  Terrible!  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2011

This was the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. Dr. Southmayd was incredibly rude and essentially dismissed me from her office because I'm currently seeing an additional physician for hormone replacement. I've never had an experience like this in my life! The most unprofessional, upsetting medical experience I've ever had. I would not recommend her to ANYONE.

|  GREAT DOCTOR!  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

I work in the health care field and Dr Southmayd by far is the best doctor due to her bedside manners. She listens and takes her time. I waited 2 months to see her for my first appointment and it was well worth it. She is also very attractive.

|  Considers Every Option  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

Dr. Southmayd is very thorough. She listens and asks the appropriate questions. What I also liked was that she considers alternative treatments, unlike many other doctors that want to prescribe the latest drug and send you on your way. I have complete confidence in her, which is very important to me.

Dec 14th, 2010

Horrible experience

Nov 12th, 2010

WHEN WAITING FOR A DIAGNOSIS FROM THE OFFICE IT IS SLOW, AND IF YOU CALL BACK BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THE OFFICE THE STAFF GETS NASTY TO THE PATIENT AND EVEN SLAMS THE PHONE DOWN. I FOUND IT AGGRAVATING ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT CHANGING DOCTORS.

|  A caring and intelligent doctor  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

I trust Dr Southmayd. She is very thorough and also likable. Her office has called me to follow up when I had a serious illness.

Oct 6th, 2010

I like Dr. Southmayd because she doesn't have the typical doctor mentality of "here let me give you a prescription and get you out of here". She will give you alternatives if there are any and she will tell you point blank if you really need to be on a medication. She listens to you and really gets to the heart of your issues.

|  Caring Professional  |  show details
by Deb Walters on Aug 19th, 2010

Dr. Southmayd is a caring professional. She always takes the time to listen and discuss health issues with her patients.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

Dr. Southmayd is excellent she is caring and understanding. I would recommend her to any one.

Jun 10th, 2010

Excellent tbedside manner; took the time to ask questions.

|  Bad Doctor and biased against anyone with vicis  |  show details
by Sad patient on Aug 14th, 2009

The doctor stated "she could not give a 100% level of service to someone who smokes. Also stated she found it difficult to help someone who smokes. Very unprofessional. I would hope any doctor would have the same level of service to every patient. As their medical code of conduct states. What if an obese person came in she would not help them for a cold? Very disappointing!!!

|  Simply the best!  |  show details