Family Practitioner

950 S Fm 156
Ste 10
Justin, TX 76247
940-242-0300
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Soldier  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

Dr. Traynham cares for me and my family. We always receive prompt, professional care . Staff is nothing but pleasant. We have never experienced a problem with obtaining specialty care.

|  Refuses medical records and RUDE staff  |  show details
by Lois W. on Apr 3rd, 2013

My son now 19 saw Dr T for ADHD. He is listing into the Marines and needs a copy of his medical records pertaining only to his ADHD. The first day I called to find out if in fact they had his records from 2005, Liz (Elizabeth) said they did, what he was taken, how much and when it was last prescribed. She NEVER asked if I had permission from my son since he is no longer a minor. That was on a Thursday. In stead of faxing a copy of my sons medical records they sent a letter. I called them and she insisted that that is a medical record and that's all they ever have to send. I told her unfortunately that is not what the USMC is looking for. We still need the actual records from his chart. Tuesday would be the earliest they could get that. So I called around 4:30pm. I was told it still wasn't done because Dr T doesn't understand what exactly we need. Not only did my sons letter of release state EXACTLY what I need, but I told Liz and the other lady that answers the phone. All of a sudden out of the blue, after talking to me about my sons records they ask me if I signed the letter of release for my son. Now they care about HIPPA laws??? Heck no I didn't sign it!!! My son works 12 hr shifts in a prison. He doesn't have time to do the leg work, that's why I'm trying to help. I gave his Sargent their number but he hasn't had time to call, so I called them again today. Again, I got the run around!!! They keep making excuses not to fax a copy of his medical record. Now they say they will only speak to his Sergant. Which they were already told he has his plate full. The fact they are withholding his actual medical record could disqualify him from enlisting in ANY military branch EVER. I can't believe that their staff would participate in keeping a young man from serving his country. I guess the next step is to file a complaint with HIPPA.

|  Quack  |  show details
by Terri P on Mar 26th, 2013

This is no D.O.! She has no right to call herself a "Doctor" My brother was a patient of her's for years. Due to a work related injury, my brother entrusted her to make him better instead she made him live a nightmare he will never forget. Julie Trayham overprescribed a very dangerous drug OXYCONTIN. For years she prescribed this very highly addictive drug to him of course he is the patience he did as told took the drug then one day she just stopped! The side effects were devastating clearley ignorned -if you google the drug #1warning and I quote"do not suddenly stop taking the drug you will have increased risk of withdrawal symtons nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,anxiety, shivering, and muscle aches"States your Doctor will gradually lower your dose" The So called failed to this my brother almost lost his life. After numerous phone calls to his apathetic, non-caring, rude staff ! Dr. refused to be bothered her staff covered for her they were very unprofessional as she taught them well! Finally he conquered the withdrawals with no help from her but what he lost can never be regained. Still in pain unable to work lost everything-I watched in horror knowing I could lose my only brother. Thank God he overcame this nightmare but not without a price she should not be allowed to practice much less have her own practice as she broke the first vow to a patient:Do No Harm. Not only did she break it but broke it without a care! I would not refer my dog to her much less any human being she is a pill pusher money hungry ruthless D.O. !!!!! Do not put you or your family through what we endured due to her negligence Also, this review forces you to put a required field which is overall rating! I have no rating for her! No stars for disgusted!

|  Very rude office staff  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

I was very impressed with Dr. T at first, until I had a problem with a prescription. Her office staff was very rude and uncaring, seemed completely indifferent to my problem and locked in routine. I was completely blown away by their nasty attitude and their refusal to help me. Changing doctors right now! I'm not interested in dealing with a doctor's office that is so completely immeshed in rules and completely uncaring about an individual problem.

|  WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

Dr. Julie Traynham has been my medical doctor since she opened her practice in Justin. She is a great doctor. She is so caring, waiting time is minimal and if you need a specialist, she has no problem finding you a specialist that accepts your insurance. I would highly recommend her to care for any member of your family whatever the age.MDC

Sep 21st, 2011

She is not very friendly!

Jul 10th, 2011

Dr. Traynham is always thourough and caring. She takes her time to get all the information before diagnosing a problem. Sometimes I do have to wait a little while to see her, but it is because she is spedning just as much time with other patients as she does with me. She cares for 3 generations of my family and I was so glad to find her when we moved to Justin 3 years ago.

|  Very good holistic approach  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

This doctor avoided medications on me since I struggle with auto immune problems. Because of this, I have not been ill for over three years because of the service I got from her. Her direction was really good. I really think it is fair for her that I put my successful results on this website about her. I will continue to use her service because I like her approach.

Feb 10th, 2011

there is no nice way to say it, she is awful and should not be practicing medicine. misdiagnoses, over prescribes addictive medications (she is probably better about this now, seeing as how she was disciplined for overdosing a patient multiple times ~ surprising that this is the only 1 who filed complaints against her ~ and had to have another doctor monitor everything she did for three years.) i cannot believe she's not had her license taken away yet! horrible about calling patients back, horrible and unprofessional beside manner, and unbelievably unprofessional staff, and i have absolutely NEVER heard of her referring patients to specialists..for anything. joke.

|  quick and unsupported diagnosis  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2010

Had a very hard time trying to explain things to her. She only was in the room with me for maybe 2 minutes. and gone about 30min and came back in for 2 more min and her diagnosis was almost a laughdue to it being very incorrect and lack of support she based her diagnosis on.

by Kelly W. on Nov 12th, 2009

Dr. Traynham is very smart and articulate and always very professional. I enjoy my visits with her. She has a great sense of humor too. She seems to really care about her patients and why they are there.She listens well and I find her to be extremely thorough. The office staff is always pleasant towards me as well.

by Kerri on Nov 6th, 2009

I called the day befor for to make an appointment and that went well. Arrived to Dr Traynham 10 minutes early was not brought back for 1 hr 10 minutes. Finally my name called I am weighed and my vitals are taken and the MA tells me that the doctor will be with me in a few minutes. Fourty five minutes later no one!!! Not a soul!! So I come out of the box( exam room), and I tell one of the staff members just as careless as can be I tell her I am leaving and she ask if I wanted to reschedule. LOL The staff had no communication with me to tell me the doctor was running late, even when I said I was leaving didn't try to apologize or even get up to see where the doctor was. Needless to say my visit was horrible!!!

by Don't Bother on Mar 9th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I went to Dr. T when she first opened her doors. I don't think I waited that long to see her. She'd just had a baby and seemed more interested in breast feeding than seeing patients. I let that go, since it was after all her baby. I was then told that I had to pay for the visit, no problem. However, since they had not set up their machines for bloodwork, etc...I'd have to come back, and yes, pay again. I never returned.

Sep 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

well i have always been able to get an appt on the same day or next for sick appts. i have never had to wait for more than 5 or 10 minutes to be called into the exam room or had to wait more than 10 min for Dr Traynham to come in to see me. I do agreee th

Nov 14th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Traynham is a very good Doctor....... once you can get in to see her. First you have to not be too sick, it takes a week or more to get in. Then, you hope you do not have anything to be held against you by the predjudice office staff like "out of thei