A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Julie Welischar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Julie Welischar is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Julie Welischar, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- She has special expertise in 27 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Female Infertility
- Genital Warts
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Insulin Resistance
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy Complications
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Welischar graduated from Stony Brook University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Welischar has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- St Charles Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welischar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Julie A. Welischar practice?
Dr. Julie Welischar practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Obstetrics near East Setauket, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Rocky Point, NY and Port Jefferson, NY.
See East Setauket Obstetricians & Gynecologists.