inactive

Julie E York MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 24th, 2016
I am vert upset, had test done. Staf is not In the office, no call back, I am in sever pain, what I'm I supposed to do, I need some help

February 4th, 2016
Skilled and Caring
She has done 2 of my surgeries. The lumbar fusion literally gave me my life back!

December 8th, 2015
Violated my rights.
I asked Dr. York what my prognosis is three times to her face, well twice to her face, the third time was to the back of her head as she left the room and ended the appointment. The Patient Bill of Rights states that i have a right to my prognosis.

August 19th, 2015
Another example of poor Healthcare practices
I have been suffering for years with excruciating spine pain and have already had one spinal surgery , and now the inability to work after being told by my neurologist because I am in danger of causing more damage to my neck and back. My neurologist referred me to Dr. York, after speaking with a nurse and explaining my symptoms the nurse was concerned that the last mri, and x-rays that I had were a year old and that is what Dr York would be basing my diagnosis on, she said she sent a request to Dr york to have new imaging done prior to her reviewing my files and she would call me with the details. After waiting a week and a half another nurse from Dr Yorks office called and stated that Dr York has reviewed my file and imaging and has declined to see me and would be referring me to yet another Dr. When asked how she can base her decision on inadequate/out of date imaging, and not actually examining a patient. I was told thats the way Dr York makes her decisions and I would just have to accept that. In my opinion no one should ever accept any health care advice from a physician that doesn't examine their patients. Steer clear of Dr York and her half a** medical practice.

April 24th, 2015
Almost cost me my life!!!!
Went to her for pre-surgical evaluation. In exam she noticed and then pointed out that one of my legs had unusual swelling. She asked if it was normal, to which I replied no. Her response was "hmm, that's interesting." Never mentioned it could be a problem, or suggested I check it out. My pre-surgery blood work showed off the chart numbers, yet she was still planning on doing surgery, and said there nothing was to be concerned about. Two days later (3 days prior to my scheduled surgery) I had such intense pain in my leg, that was worse than any prior sciatica pain, I went to the ER. Not only did I have a problem, I learned I had a MAJOR blood clot that spanned my entire leg!! I was ambulanced to OSHU immediately!!! This clot was because of my limited mobility related to my back. I spent a week in OHSU's ICU!! Had I not gone to the ER when I did I would be dead or paralyzed!!! And to think that even though there were multiple red flags she blew them all off and was going to go ahead with surgery! NO WAY I'd EVER go to her or recommend her to anyone!

March 20th, 2015
Dr. York is exceptional. She performed my third back surgery and I finally have relief. She was the only Surgeon (out of 3) that properly diagnosed the problems I experienced.

April 20th, 2012
Stephen Lynn
Dr. York and her staff are wonderful. She took on a re-repair of my neck when I had been told by four other surgeons that there was nothing that could be done. She re-repaired the one disc and also repaired another by putting plate and pins. Sure did help me. Her mannor is great. Sense of humor is great except for the fact she said I had love handles. I have had three surgerys by her and have no complaints. She is the best.

February 15th, 2012
get her chartnotes before you discuss your visit with another physician.
I went and seen her for a surgical consult. She told me and my husband that I should get the spinal stimulator but if it didn't resolve my leg condition (numbness, pain, inability to walk on it without assistance) I should back to discuss having a foraminotomy to give me my right leg back. I went to my other doctor and told her this is what she said, and my doctor thought it was strange because you usually have the surgery before a stimulator. When my docor got the chartnote she wrote I was not a surgical candidate at all. She made me look like a liar to my doctors for no reason. Why didn't she just tell me that in the office? Why tell me one thing and write another. Don't trust what she tells you. Get the chartnote. Don't let her make you look like a fool or a liar to your doctors. You need your doctors to trust you and she will undermine that.

January 23rd, 2012
Lucky to have her as a surgeon
She is awesome - has done 2 surgeries for me and I have had awesome care and wonderful results. I have had a few other surgeries and have never met a more caring and capable surgeon!

March 19th, 2011
Rude Staff Ruins Impression
Obnoxiously rude female staff member

February 6th, 2011
Fantastic Surgeon and Lady
Dr York is a terrific surgeon. She's also kind, easy to understand, concise, yet spends enough time in the visit to answer any questions I had. I have not found one person that has anything bad to say about her or her treatment. I wish all doctors could take lessons from her. Her staff could learn a little tolerance and kindness too. Her nurse was always nice though. Took phone calls right away.

December 2nd, 2010
VERY RUDE OFFICE STAFF
I called this morning with a few questions, to find out if Dr. York would be doing a new procedure. I believe Dr. York is an outstanding neurosurgeon BUT....the office staff was extremely RUDE! I spoke with someone who claimed to be the office manager as the receptionist who answered the call originally slammed me on hold and said she wont answer my question. The "office manager" refused her name and spoke over me. I dont get it I just wanted to find out if she would be doing disc replacement!! I can't get over how awful she was!! I was thinkingwow and Im not even a patient yet