Dr. Julie York Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie York?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 1st, 2017

After surgery still in pain after 9 months and dr. York just tells me to go to the pain care specialist!!!

Had cervical fusion c5-6 c6-7, I still have pain in neck and shoulder blade. Dr. York not helping me at all! I am in severe pain she just keeps sending me to pain care specialist for injections that have not worked!! It has been 9 months now still in severe pain dr. York says to go back to pain clinic or to an orthopedic specialist. She hasn't seen me in 3 months, she's never requested new Mri or ct scan. I feel like she just did my surgery and then wiped her hands of me!! I am shocked I've never been treated like this. I can barely function because of severe pain, I was told after this surgery I would feel like a new person! This has not happened yet and the doctor is not following thru on my care at all!!! So sad!

March 1st, 2017

July 24th, 2016

I am vert upset, had test done. Staf is not In the office, no call back, I am in sever pain, what I'm I supposed to do, I need some help

February 4th, 2016

Skilled and Caring

She has done 2 of my surgeries. The lumbar fusion literally gave me my life back!

December 8th, 2015

Violated my rights.

I asked Dr. York what my prognosis is three times to her face, well twice to her face, the third time was to the back of her head as she left the room and ended the appointment. The Patient Bill of Rights states that i have a right to my prognosis.

April 24th, 2015

Almost cost me my life!!!!

Went to her for pre-surgical evaluation. In exam she noticed and then pointed out that one of my legs had unusual swelling. She asked if it was normal, to which I replied no. Her response was "hmm, that's interesting." Never mentioned it could be a problem, or suggested I check it out. My pre-surgery blood work showed off the chart numbers, yet she was still planning on doing surgery, and said there nothing was to be concerned about. Two days later (3 days prior to my scheduled surgery) I had such intense pain in my leg, that was worse than any prior sciatica pain, I went to the ER. Not only did I have a problem, I learned I had a MAJOR blood clot that spanned my entire leg!! I was ambulanced to OSHU immediately!!! This clot was because of my limited mobility related to my back. I spent a week in OHSU's ICU!! Had I not gone to the ER when I did I would be dead or paralyzed!!! And to think that even though there were multiple red flags she blew them all off and was going to go ahead with surgery! NO WAY I'd EVER go to her or recommend her to anyone!

March 20th, 2015

Dr. York is exceptional. She performed my third back surgery and I finally have relief. She was the only Surgeon (out of 3) that properly diagnosed the problems I experienced .

April 20th, 2012

Stephen Lynn

Dr. York and her staff are wonderful. She took on a re-repair of my neck when I had been told by four other surgeons that there was nothing that could be done. She re-repaired the one disc and also repaired another by putting plate and pins. Sure did help me. Her mannor is great. Sense of humor is great except for the fact she said I had love handles. I have had three surgerys by her and have no complaints. She is the best.

February 16th, 2012

get her chartnotes before you discuss your visit with another physician.

I went and seen her for a surgical consult. She told me and my husband that I should get the spinal stimulator but if it didn't resolve my leg condition (numbness, pain, inability to walk on it without assistance) I should back to discuss having a foraminotomy to give me my right leg back. I went to my other doctor and told her this is what she said, and my doctor thought it was strange because you usually have the surgery before a stimulator. When my docor got the chartnote she wrote I was not a surgical candidate at all. She made me look like a liar to my doctors for no reason. Why didn't she just tell me that in the office? Why tell me one thing and write another. Don't trust what she tells you. Get the chartnote. Don't let her make you look like a fool or a liar to your doctors. You need your doctors to trust you and she will undermine that.

January 23rd, 2012

Lucky to have her as a surgeon

She is awesome - has done 2 surgeries for me and I have had awesome care and wonderful results. I have had a few other surgeries and have never met a more caring and capable surgeon!

March 19th, 2011

Rude Staff Ruins Impression

Obnoxiously rude female staff member

February 6th, 2011

Fantastic Surgeon and Lady

Dr York is a terrific surgeon. She's also kind, easy to understand, concise, yet spends enough time in the visit to answer any questions I had. I have not found one person that has anything bad to say about her or her treatment. I wish all doctors could take lessons from her. Her staff could learn a little tolerance and kindness too. Her nurse was always nice though. Took phone calls right away.