Dr. Julie York Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Julie York?

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DR. YORK?

Posted on November 17th, 2017

Over 10 years ago, after spending 2 years seeking alternatives to a fusion for my incapacitating sciatica, I found Dr. York. I have been in the medical world most of my working life, have worked with physicians as an ER nurse and then as specialized veterinarian, felt I had found the right doctor. She took time to listen, she explained her feelings regards my situation and besides being highly skilled, I found her to be a caring human being. Because of a genetic defect that I share with my siblings, I ended up having multiple fusions, all with DR. York. One of my siblings unfortunately ended up having to have multiple fusions, all with Dr. York. There is too much to say but over the last year, my sibling went to her office every day for months just to try to get her opinion of what he should do now as he was experiencing extreme pain. He had tried to make appointments which, for some unknown reason, could not be made so he chose to sit in her waiting room and never did she speak to him, even to say "I can't help you". Now after we found another neurosurgeon, it has been discovered that all her hardware in my siblings fusions has come loose and a screw has perforated his spine and is directly penetrating his spinal nerve causing him horrific pain. It has been almost a year since my sibling asked for Dr. York's help. Wouldn't you think that she would want to remove her own fusion hardware? She is the only one who has done surgery on my siblings back. She knows her own work. Why the silence? Please, just remove the screw! I can only believe that some traumatic event has happened to her family or to her. There is no excuse. If I would have rated Dr. York in the first few years, she would have had 4 stars, now it is zero. Dr. York, what has happened to you?

After surgery still in pain after 9 months and dr. York just tells me to go to the pain care specialist!!!

Posted on March 1st, 2017

Had cervical fusion c5-6 c6-7, I still have pain in neck and shoulder blade. Dr. York not helping me at all! I am in severe pain she just keeps sending me to pain care specialist for injections that have not worked!! It has been 9 months now still in severe pain dr. York says to go back to pain clinic or to an orthopedic specialist. She hasn't seen me in 3 months, she's never requested new Mri or ct scan. I feel like she just did my surgery and then wiped her hands of me!! I am shocked I've never been treated like this. I can barely function because of severe pain, I was told after this surgery I would feel like a new person! This has not happened yet and the doctor is not following thru on my care at all!!! So sad!

Posted on March 1st, 2017

Posted on July 24th, 2016

I am vert upset, had test done. Staf is not In the office, no call back, I am in sever pain, what I'm I supposed to do, I need some help

Skilled and Caring

Posted on February 4th, 2016

She has done 2 of my surgeries. The lumbar fusion literally gave me my life back!

Violated my rights.

Posted on December 8th, 2015

I asked Dr. York what my prognosis is three times to her face, well twice to her face, the third time was to the back of her head as she left the room and ended the appointment. The Patient Bill of Rights states that i have a right to my prognosis.

Almost cost me my life!!!!

Posted on April 24th, 2015

Went to her for pre-surgical evaluation. In exam she noticed and then pointed out that one of my legs had unusual swelling. She asked if it was normal, to which I replied no. Her response was "hmm, that's interesting." Never mentioned it could be a problem, or suggested I check it out. My pre-surgery blood work showed off the chart numbers, yet she was still planning on doing surgery, and said there nothing was to be concerned about. Two days later (3 days prior to my scheduled surgery) I had such intense pain in my leg, that was worse than any prior sciatica pain, I went to the ER. Not only did I have a problem, I learned I had a MAJOR blood clot that spanned my entire leg!! I was ambulanced to OSHU immediately!!! This clot was because of my limited mobility related to my back. I spent a week in OHSU's ICU!! Had I not gone to the ER when I did I would be dead or paralyzed!!! And to think that even though there were multiple red flags she blew them all off and was going to go ahead with surgery! NO WAY I'd EVER go to her or recommend her to anyone!

Posted on March 20th, 2015

Dr. York is exceptional. She performed my third back surgery and I finally have relief. She was the only Surgeon (out of 3) that properly diagnosed the problems I experienced.

Stephen Lynn

Posted on April 20th, 2012

Dr. York and her staff are wonderful. She took on a re-repair of my neck when I had been told by four other surgeons that there was nothing that could be done. She re-repaired the one disc and also repaired another by putting plate and pins. Sure did help me. Her mannor is great. Sense of humor is great except for the fact she said I had love handles. I have had three surgerys by her and have no complaints. She is the best.

get her chartnotes before you discuss your visit with another physician.

Posted on February 16th, 2012

I went and seen her for a surgical consult. She told me and my husband that I should get the spinal stimulator but if it didn't resolve my leg condition (numbness, pain, inability to walk on it without assistance) I should back to discuss having a foraminotomy to give me my right leg back. I went to my other doctor and told her this is what she said, and my doctor thought it was strange because you usually have the surgery before a stimulator. When my docor got the chartnote she wrote I was not a surgical candidate at all. She made me look like a liar to my doctors for no reason. Why didn't she just tell me that in the office? Why tell me one thing and write another. Don't trust what she tells you. Get the chartnote. Don't let her make you look like a fool or a liar to your doctors. You need your doctors to trust you and she will undermine that.

Lucky to have her as a surgeon

Posted on January 23rd, 2012

She is awesome - has done 2 surgeries for me and I have had awesome care and wonderful results. I have had a few other surgeries and have never met a more caring and capable surgeon!

Rude Staff Ruins Impression

Posted on March 19th, 2011

Obnoxiously rude female staff member