Dr. Julie Zimmermann MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2016
Dr. Zimmermann has always been a wonderful doctor with me. I have been going to her since I was a teen, (15+ years). I've had to use other doctors during college, but I wouldn't trust another obgyn now. She has delivered both of my children by c-section due to pre-eclampsia and she has been with me through other health issues. While she can be brisk at times (she is a straight shooter, for lack of better term), I trust her vast knowledge completely and am grateful she is my doctor.

June 9th, 2014
Dr Zimmermann is the best. I was with her through my first pregnancy and now for my second. She is very down to earth and has a good sense of humor. I have anxiety about going to doctors but she makes me feel totally comfortable and at ease. Very sweet and caring doctor.

April 5th, 2013
Dissapointed
I had dr.z as my OB. For my second pregnancy and it was not a pleasant experience compairing to my first pregnancy with another doctor..first,the system of the office that you have to see all the doctors is not nice,because i chose dr.z and they made me see all other doctors, i prefer to have one person who examins me, knows every thing about me and i feel comfortable enough to talk about any inside problem that i may have, second the staff is not very friendly exept for Rashida, dr.z's nurse. The waiting time is not bad but i've seen better. I gave birth with a c- section, dr.z operated on me, i had a massive brueses around my wound and the surgical incision was not a straight line and because of that it took forever to heal.

November 6th, 2012
love her, she saved my life
Dr. Zimmermann is amazing. I wouldn't trust my health or babies to anyone elee.

August 9th, 2012
I took an appointment with this doctor last week and called today to re-schedule the appointment. After I gave the receptionist my name,she told me she could not find my name and appointment and then she raised her voice rudely, then I asked her name, she hang up on me. I believe the doctor should bear some responsibility on the rudeness of their staff. I had to call back to cancel the appointment.If you can, stay away from this clinic with the rude people in the front office.

February 8th, 2012
terrible doctor
specially her nurse is very rude,and doctor does not care for you, terrible experience, over an hour waiting time as naked in the exam room,

November 25th, 2011
Critical
I have had Dr. Zimmer twice for problem ob gyn visits in Atlanta and each time I have been extremely dissatisfied. Each time when she came in the room it was for a few seconds and left right away without explaining anything. She basically just looked at me and decided what was wrong with me without ordering lab work or doing any swabs and I now have to go in for another visit with another doctor. She was very rude about my lifestyle and how many sexual partners I've had. I can't imagine how she treats people who've had more partners than me, which is less than five. I am a medical student and it really frustrates me to have a doctor that spends a few seconds with me when I know they're not busy (both times I was the only person in the office) and most importantly doesn't explain what they're doing or what tests their doing. It is your body and you shouldn't have to feel like a nag to ask about it. I would never recommend her to any one.

November 13th, 2011
Pass....there are plenty other docs out there
I was planning my second homebirth when I went into labor at 27wks. I went to Northside Hospital in Atlanta and received the doctor you hate to get. She had a nasty attitude from the moment she came into the delivery room. She was arrogant and condesending. She would ask me questions and then ignore my answers. She HATED that I was planning a homebirth and didn't both in letting me know that. After the c section I didn't see her until day three and that was because I was checking out of the hospital early. And the whole time she made rude remarks towards me and my daughter and asked me if I knew where the emergency room was because she was sure my uterus was going to rupture.She did stitch me up nicely. minimal scarring. (Despite her suggesting she did a botch job)My first birth at home was hard work but were good memories. Now I will always associate her with my son's birth and eventual passing.

August 6th, 2011
Dr. Z is great!
Dr. Zimmermann is very down to earth and relatable. She cares about her patients very much but doesn't "sugar coat" things. If you want someone who will always be honest and true, she is the best doctor around. I would choose her in a heartbeat over any other OB/GYN I've ever had.

August 4th, 2011
NOT A FAN!
I had the unfortunate pleasure of having Lieutenant Commander,USN deliver my first child back in Cherry Point, NC in 2000. It was the worst experience of my life due to Dr. Julie H. Zimmermann's lack of competency. I had an episiotomy(due to her lack of patience)that resulted in causing a third degree tear. You were the MD on duty that day and you had the INTERN stitch me up. You NEVER came to check on me in the Naval Hospital and NEVER saw me again, you disappeared. Of course, I have your beautiful signature on my son's birth certificate! I had to find another doctor to deal with all the complications I had after the birth of my son. Did I mention, I was put on three months bed rest due to the extensive damage? Avoid Dr. Julie H. Zimmermann at all cost! She proudly writes on her bio that she was the Department Head(OB-GYN) at the Naval Hospital. I'm sorry to see you are still practicing medicine and delivering babies. As I laid in the hospital bleeding, "your staff" handed my husband(BTW was a Marine Captain at the time)sheets for him to change my bed linens. They have since,(thank god!) shutdown the Naval Hospital in Cherry Point, NC.

June 19th, 2011
Would rather deliver at home than for her to be my dr
Will never see this dr again!!! Extremely rude And made my whole experience suck first time seeing my baby for first time. Other drs in the group are so nice and caring but this lady isn't she made me feel so uncomfortable.

May 18th, 2011
I love Dr. Z
I have been seeing Dr. Z for years. She is amazing to work with and as I have gotten older I wish more of my friends had seen her!I am hoping to get pregnant soon and there is no one else in my court that I would rather have.