Internists, Nephrologist (kidney)
Elm Creek
12646 Old Wick Rd
San Antonio, TX 78230
210-525-1668
Locations and availability (4)

|  How lucky I got!  |  show details
by Newer patient on Feb 10th, 2014

Dr Araujo is an Absolute Angel. When he speaks with you it is though you are the most important person in the world. His eyes speak volumes. He genuinely cares. Yes he runs late, but only because he explains everything to you and answers all your questions in a way you can understand. I was grief stricken when I find our out I was ill. Dr Araujo almost made me feel lucky for finding him as a doctor. I have complete faith in him and he will call me himself to find out how I'm doing. They don't make them any better then him. I even have his cell number. He could teach a lot of doctors how to be a great doctor. His compassion and kind words bring tears to my eyes. I know I am sick and my days are numbered but I will go with a smile on my face for meeting an absolute angel. There is no better doctor and that's a fact. I love you Dr Araujo. You are a godsend and I wish you all the best!

|  Good medical, poor time-management...  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

You people have got to be kidding!! Waiting for 1 hour is bad enough, but 2 hours??? I would'nt wait for my mother for 2 hours. There is absolutely NO excuse for a doctor to repeatedly show up at the office 1 hour after my appointment time. Time management is as important as medical knowledge. I spoke with this guy about his time management skills, and he just poopooed me. I walked out after 70 minutes waiting, never to return. If he tries to bill Medicare for an office visit, they will hear from me!!!

Feb 16th, 2013

Fue triste para saber su enfermera izquierda. Ahora hay otra chica y esa estúpida hombre. El Dr. Araujo debería haber mantenido a su enfermera, porque le hizo muchas cosas buenas para nosotros, que ya no tienen buena gente y el dr. ya no es agradable.

|  Gran doctor y enfermera, Oficina mal hombre  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

Dr. Julio es realmente bueno para nosotros y es as que la seora (enfermera) en su oficina, pero el otro hombre es muy promedio me en el telfono y en la ventana. No tiene seguro y hablan a poco ingls y debido a esto no le gusta me pero la seora enfermeraes muy til, pero ella no habla espaol. Al menos es agradable aunque no tengo seguro y Dr. Julio seguir cuidar de m y me vea libre.

Mar 11th, 2012

Dr. Araujo and his nurse are the best I've seen in years. He takes as much time as needed and his nurse is so kind. I've finely found a dr and nurse that I plan to keep as long as I need to see doctors. I can't say much for the other man in the office, but the nurse is great. You can tell that the doctor and his nurse get along great and she (the nurse) is on top of things. If you need something she's the one to get it done. Just don't depend on the other guy that works there.

|  Great follow up  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

I have never had a doctor call me himself to follow up on me. His availability to his patients is unmatched. He may run late most times, but when it's your turn he makes you feel as though your the only patient in the office. I will never need another doctors! I count it as a blessing to have him care for me.

Apr 18th, 2011

I have never seen nor experienced the magnitude of genuine care and concern that exudes Dr. Araujo. His vast knowledge of the human body and all that can afflict it is unsurpassed. At last I am getting the help I need! He did undergo a staff change recently and has now hired a great nurse to assist him. Between the two of them nothing slips by and at last I can rest easy that I am getting the help and support I need to become healthy again. Once you have an appointment with him no other doctor will ever compare. Definitely the best of the best!

|  Great MD and nurse  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2011

I've been to a whole lot of drs but this is the last one I will have. He and his nurse really care about their patients and the dr spends as much time as needed with you and never rushes you out the door. His nurse really knows her stuff too! That other man in the office needs to learn from those two because he's not the nicest person to deal with but DR Araujo and his nurse sure makes up for it!

Jan 21st, 2011

He is partner and nurse are the best I've seen in many years. There should be more people like them. The only negative thing I can say is the front office people are somewhat flighty/blonde/and lacking a bit of commen sence,but otherwise the doctors and their nurse can't be beat!!

|  Extremely Unprofessional Staff!  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2010

I've witnessed the office change through several front/back office staff. They are rude and incompetent. I've has several occassions were I've been spoken to rudely and/or promised a call back and never received a call. Dr. Araujo is a fantastic and caring doctor; however, he is NEVER on time for his appointments. I've waiting up to 2 hours for him and found out that he wasn't even in the office yet. In a total of about 6 visits, I've waited for him each time for a minimum of 1hr. His staff has forgotten to call in Rx for me; taken incorrect blood samples from me; run incorrect tests; and I've even had a nurse make inappropriate (sexual) remarks while conversing with me (she thought she was being funny but did not intend to be offensive). His staff is a very poor representation of the doctor who is wonderful...when he finally comes into the office. It's a shame.

Nov 14th, 2010

Dr. Araujo is a wonderful physician! If you looking for a doctor that really cares, then look no futher! Dr Araujo really gets to know you and takes him time making sure that your well cared for. As a nurse myself, I highly recommend him!

Jul 1st, 2010

Dr. Araujo is a top-notch professional. To say that he is enthusiastic about treating his patients is an understatement. He is energetic and exudes confidence. He genuinely cares about his patients and their well being. He generally runs behind in seeing his patients, but, once you're in the examining room, you understand why. He is there for you, and takes whatever time is needed to listen to concerns, evaluate symptoms, provide explanations, and answer questions. He doesn't forget what transpired during previous visits, and follows up as necessary. I truly feel like I am being well cared for.

|  Best Dr. we've ever had  |  show details
by Virginia and Mitch Childdress on May 27th, 2009

He's compassionate, caring and gives you the time of day. Listens to your health issues, doesn't make you feel like he's in a hurry and needs to go. IS NOT walking away from you as you're speaking to him like most Dr's do. Highly recommend this DR. He is an Angel.